Add the TMs name to the TM when attached to a pokemon

[quote name='eggplantoftime' timestamp='1363400318' post='230714']
How is this unnecessary?
It keeps you from opening google or asking channel chat "what is tm 18 again"
[/quote]
When you give a Pokemon an item,[b] it[b]'s [/b]telling you the item, not the effect of the item[/b]. (Yes, the move it teaches IS an effect)

While your at it, Let's rename the Dragon Scale to Kingdra. We can also name the Everstone to Unevolved, and rename the Amulet Coin to be Money Doubler

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1363412332' post='230867']
When you give a Pokemon an item,[b] it[b]'s [/b]telling you the item, not the effect of the item[/b]. (Yes, the move it teaches IS an effect)

While your at it, Let's rename the Dragon Scale to Kingdra. We can also name the Everstone to Unevolved, and rename the Amulet Coin to be Money Doubler
[/quote]

this thread is about TMs

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1363412332' post='230867']

[/quote]

Thats a logical fallacy and a bad analogy... The move is another name for the TM. If it is truly a description and not a name, then you're saying that people describe the TM's they look for on trade chat, when they say, "LF> Pyschic. (And following that line of logic, that is no difference from me saying "LF> battle money doubler", or "LF> the item that gives 150% exp", and using their names(amulet coin or lucky egg). Those descriptions denote [i]ignorance[/i] of a name. Also, prominent pokemon sites will imply that the numerical and move names are synonymous and interchangeable. Bulpapedia says, "[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3] In all generations, [/size][/font][/color][b]TM26[/b][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3] is [/size][/font][/color][url="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Earthquake_(move)"]Earthquake[/url][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3].", or "[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]In all generations, [/size][/font][/color][b]TM22[/b][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3] is [/size][/font][/color][url="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/SolarBeam_(move)"]SolarB[/url]eam"
Also, i dare you to check any item in the game other than TM's that show a "description", without using a mouse to check. Now, if you believe these are "descriptions" under the TM, then then TM's are inherently different from other items for whatever reason, and "describing" them is different from describing a lucky egg or an amulet coin. You admit that the devs find it important to describe TM's.
If you believe that these are just alternate names, then it's a cut and dry issue.
[img]http://oi49.tinypic.com/i6w5xc.jpg[/img]

[font=sans-serif][size=4][color=#000000]Thats the technical [/color][/size][/font][font="sans-serif"][color="#000000"][size=4]argument. The pragmatic issue leaves even less on the "against" side of the argument. Adding the move name would streamline trading and reduce scamming. In fact, if you are pragmatically against adding the move name to held TM's you must be opposed to streamlined trading and reduced scamming. I cant imagine any reasonable pragmatic [/size]argument[size=4] against this idea.[/size][/color][/font]

[color=#000000][size=4][font=sans-serif]If you guys cant tell, I give +1 to this idea.[/font][/size][/color]

Come on this is genius!
I see the same argument a lot on every thread;
"Yes but this shouldn't be the priority, only later or something".
I mean. What IS the priority really? Are they THAT busy that they can't add a string of characters somewhere that makes everyone's life easier? Really, how are suggestions like these not important? They're flippin' awesome!

Because if you go by the logic that content, which at this point is basically just new regions, is the only priority, the whole suggestion thread prety much loses it's point. I mean there's no use saying this isn't the priority. Anything easily implementable and convenient should be the priority. I mean this could literally be done in minutes.

[quote name='eggplantoftime' timestamp='1363464869' post='231678']
Come on this is genius!
I see the same argument a lot on every thread;
"Yes but this shouldn't be the priority, only later or something".
I mean. What IS the priority really? Are they THAT busy that they can't add a string of characters somewhere that makes everyone's life easier? Really, how are suggestions like these not important? They're flippin' awesome!

Because if you go by the logic that content, which at this point is basically just new regions, is the only priority, the whole suggestion thread prety much loses it's point. I mean there's no use saying this isn't the priority. Anything easily implementable and convenient should be the priority. I mean this could literally be done in minutes.
[/quote]

What priority? How about fixing moves that still dont work for one, and obtaining tm's that you still cant obtain for another? Much higher priority than making you able to see the name of the tm a pokemon is holding.