PokeMMO Video Contest Revived

[center][img]http://oi51.tinypic.com/fz57gw.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][b]Questions and Answers[/b][/center]
[center][quote name='Dahaka' timestamp='1344351054']
Question, should I upload to Youtube and then post it here? Or would you prefer it on a file sharing site?
[/quote][/center]
[center]The Preferred method is to post on youtube in HD quailty.[/center]

[center][quote name='Xenfare' timestamp='1344402844']
I'm going to enter, but I'll probably do a collab. If two people enter and win, do they both get shinies?
[/quote][/center]
[center]Only the person submitting the video will be eligible to win. Also you may not post the same video twice.[/center]

[center][quote name='bnaM' timestamp='1344552588']
Would updates affect the judgement of videos already submitted? Now that there are new updates (with probably at least one more before the contest deadline), more and more "important characteristics" will be added that weren't in the game.
[/quote]
The objective of the contest is to highlight the most important characteristics for PokeMMO. If your video is already submitted and lacks key features added I would suggest you modify and re-submit. Also videos that highlight bugs in general will not receive high votes as that is not what we are looking for.

[quote name='Peterpika' timestamp='1344633154']
If we win and the pokemon that we want isn't in the game yet, we will be able to "pocket" the prize until the pokemon becomes available?
[/quote]
No you will only be able to modify a Pokemon you currently are in possession of.[/center]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't want to get the Timezones mixed up, so here is my entry one day early!

Special thanks to my Team (Sayounara)! This video couldn't have been possible without you guys! <3
Credit goes to Darkshade for his IPS and Shadowboxer for his GUI!
I also thank Gandemo (who is not here anymore) for making such a captivating Trailer and leading me to this wonderful game!

[font=georgia,serif][b][size=5]Here it is! Enjoy! And also make sure to watch it in 720p and watch it till the end![/size][/b][/font]
[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b](Don't steal any of my ideas please!)[/b][/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Edit: The quality should have been much higher but unfortunately it dropped with all the editing and stuff.[/size][/font]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK7kWQQHjPw[/media]

Good luck to everyone else who is participating!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQGHT1j0Cs[/media]

Well, here's my entry. Watch in 720p, obviously.

[spoiler]30 hours in MSPaint, I swear[/spoiler]

Explanation of what I did:

Anyway, I tried to fit as much as possible, and didn't want exceed the 2 minutes. Maybe I rushed the competitive part a bit too much at the end, but I think a person that watches it for the first time will be able to understand most of it, even though there's quite some text there, it flows in naturally.

I tried not to go over the top with effects aswell. This is a Pokemon game, not Call of Duty, there are no sik pro shotz or huge peaks in here. So I think that all in all, the effects I put into it are pretty chill and match the game pace.

I tried to polish it as much as I could, hiding the HUD in every possible situation, but keeping the quality and resolution the same. I also tried to avoid any black borders at all, which quite honestly, I think I did a good job at. I think you can also notice that I tried syncing the music as much as possible in the appropriate situation, which contributes to some really cool scenes.

All in all, I got to say I'm happy with the final result, especially after I fixed some stuff after getting some feedback.

I'd also like to add that none of you has any idea how much I raged at my mouse during the making of this. It's currently in the end of its life, and the buttons are starting to malfunction, and it would randomly stop clicking and dragging stuff, multiple times in one file even. If by any chance I win this thing, I think part of the prize money is going towards a new mouse. That's how mad I am.

Enjoy.

EDIT: Video is fixed, and should be my final version.

[spoiler]"10/10 it was good" - Gilgamesh, 2013[/spoiler]