Implement something similar to ''Smogon Dex'' in this forum

DiosSlurpuff

Question

As many of you will know, Smogon has a section on their forum where they show off the most viable/most "meta" sets and give a bit of info on them, alternate EV spreads if any, good teammates, and their controls. / counters for each format in all existing generations.

The truth is that I see the competitive assistance section within the PokéMMO forum being wasted and not very active, being able to do something similar to what smogon has been doing for a long time.

All of us competitive players are fully aware of how different the PokéMMO meta is from the black and white meta (and any other meta), so it would be necessary to show an analysis of all viable Pokémon in a given game. since in the game it only shows the percentage of use, the most used item, the most used skill and little else, but nothing like moveset, ev spread, etc. is specified.

Image from smogon Dex:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d5c48d3e4485c5e124d59a0e93d9a60c.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4e42e14b30eb7b0b843ce594e94d1bf2.png

How would something like this fit in this forum?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6b2a2a88c4359d318e3f1204ae440dbb.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.48ed58bb0e5e0cd654dc053d0f177cce.png

But how would this work?

It would be impossible in my opinion to do this unless a new section is implemented in the forum, where fixed editors or the same staff publish the information about these pokémon thanks to contributions from players who provide information about the mons. And this contributions from the community for the publications of this hypothetical section. . they can be made in the current competitive assistance or in another section of the forum.

As for tier changes

It might seem like a problem here that there is no consistent metagame and we have tier changes, and this was what made it difficult for me to think of a way to implement this function, that a mon goes from UU to OU or from NU to OU, it could complicate everything, but I thought of the following.

Let's do a hypothetical case where this section of the forum is implemented, and suppose that, I don't know, Empoleon for example, goes up from UU to OU.
This would leave an Empoleon UU review tab on the ''Dex'' forum entirely useless, and might even confuse new players, but it would be solved by simply archiving that ''UU'' section of in this hypothetical Empoleon .

Conclusion:

Adding this to the forum would be quite useful, and would help both players who are new to competitive to start with already having an idea of the most common sets of each viable mon, and players who are already competitive but want to start another tier, as well as helping Old players who want to come back after a long time without playing and have a hard time adapting to the new metagames.

image.png

image.png

Edited by DiosSlurpuff

2 answers to this question

I think this is one of the biggest things missing to support MMO competitive players at the moment, and the method you had suggested to display the information seems like it could work. As long as there are some people who will be committed to writing the data for the mons and proofreading I do not see why this cannot be made a reality, it is only a time investment to be made which will be useful for the community. Especially for a tier such as NU, i have barely seen any documentation on the forums, which can be very difficult for newcomers who do not have any support from more experienced players to start the tier. I think the closest thing i have seen to what you had suggested is TohnR's UU guide and ThinkNicer's OU moveset guide.

ThinkNicer OU guide-

TohnR UU guide- https://sites.google.com/view/tohnr-uu/home?authuser=0

I personally referred to these guides when i was starting both the tiers so such resources being freely available will undoubtedly be useful.

If there is a serious interest in doing something like this, I would like to give my help for writing some of the pages. The more data the community has free access to, the better it is for everyone and the standard of the game.

Edited by Onraider