Help create the PokeMMO RivalLocke League?

~Hey all!
I've had an idea for a fun community event/tournament to play within the PokeMMO community for awhile now, and I'd love to introduce the concept and receive feedback/support on it. This is the kind of thing where trying to set this up on my own would be impossible -- so I'm reaching out to the community!
In babies terms, I want to make a discord community for rival playthroughs with overarching annual tournaments. My friends and I created a challenge called the "RivalLocke" that has been surprisingly fun and there's a lot of competitive depth to be explored through this.
I created a presentation that details what I basically have in mind. Consider it a "sales pitch" of sorts lol.
For anyone that wants to help get this to fruition, send me a message! I have a skeleton discord with roles and rooms created, but I don't have a lot of discord knowledge beyond that. If you have ideas for revisions to the rules or system let me know too! 
-Lets have fun gang-

Everytime there's an original idea of event/game mixing Pve and PvP, I noticed that the PvP side is mostly a huge letdown and while it should be exciting, in most cases it's the most boring part.

Take for example the Safari "catch and battle" classic event. It's 100% boring because the "fun rules" created may be fun on paper, but competitive pokemon isn't fun to play outside the competitive tools that the event rules try to ignore (no tMs allowed, no training, etc). These events, to me, always failed to be really fun for that reason. 

I had spend a fair share of my time creating events like these, trying to come up with new stuff and all. I think some people might enjoy a Nuzlocke event here, although it's so hard to manage, there's a few thread here and there of people sharing their playthrough. But I gotta say, as an advice, you should drop out the idea of PvP in these conditions. It's not fun to battle someone using Water Gun and Peck and go trough the process of mashing buttons pretending to have a strategy while the rules specifically don't let you have a strategy, which is the only fun part of PvP. 

I'd find another way to "rival" players between them, if I were you. Why not ? Project seems interesting. But PvP ? Players interested in doing Nuzlocke would be more hyped about competition like "who has less deaths" or "who did it faster" than to battle out in a match where they can't team-build. That was my opinion, hope you find players interested in this.

9 hours ago, Poufilou said:

Everytime there's an original idea of event/game mixing Pve and PvP, I noticed that the PvP side is mostly a huge letdown and while it should be exciting, in most cases it's the most boring part.

Take for example the Safari "catch and battle" classic event. It's 100% boring because the "fun rules" created may be fun on paper, but competitive pokemon isn't fun to play outside the competitive tools that the event rules try to ignore (no tMs allowed, no training, etc). These events, to me, always failed to be really fun for that reason. 

I had spend a fair share of my time creating events like these, trying to come up with new stuff and all. I think some people might enjoy a Nuzlocke event here, although it's so hard to manage, there's a few thread here and there of people sharing their playthrough. But I gotta say, as an advice, you should drop out the idea of PvP in these conditions. It's not fun to battle someone using Water Gun and Peck and go trough the process of mashing buttons pretending to have a strategy while the rules specifically don't let you have a strategy, which is the only fun part of PvP. 

I'd find another way to "rival" players between them, if I were you. Why not ? Project seems interesting. But PvP ? Players interested in doing Nuzlocke would be more hyped about competition like "who has less deaths" or "who did it faster" than to battle out in a match where they can't team-build. That was my opinion, hope you find players interested in this.

Ah you see that safari battle event actually sounds like a whole lot of fun to me! I feel its exciting to have a limited set and find niche strategies dependent on movepools, encounters etc. Maybe I need to find a way to appeal to those who also just enjoy battling in that form. Nuzlocke challenges like that already have a few discord servers -- I appreciate your input though! The pvp so far in this format has been nutty and exciting so hopefully I can find others than enjoy this. Thank you