[Catching] Magma vs Aqua | Season 1 (Saturday, July 2nd)

316490377_DittoArt.jpg.16e5bc6563f27ed9dd424620a84482b3.jpg

Primary Conditions

-This is for anyone within the OPTC server.

-Each player can only join 1 team (by reacting to the event message in OPTC discord server).

-Players cannot change team during event.

Date

Saturday, 2nd July 

Time

3 PM UTC | 11 AM EDT | 8:30 PM IST| Time Converter

Desert Underpass, Hoenn, Channel 4

Duration

1 hour for catching

25 minutes for participants to submit their entries.

Pokémon accepted as valid entries

Shitto.gif.4baab3106f99417b559ad44782081c02.gif

Rules

• There are 3 clauses, and the winning team will be determined by winning 2 out of 3 clauses:

Spoiler

Clause 1 - Having 31 IVs in a Stat

Players will submit all of their valid catches, these are pokemon that have at least 1 x 31 in one of their stats, each pokemon submitted will earn their team 1 point. The team with the most perfect stats will be awarded the round win.

Clause 2 - Bonus Numbers

I will assign each team 5 Bonus IV Totals and for each bonus number a player submits, there will be 1 point awarded towards their team. For example, Aqua has 104, 108, 110, 113, 119 as their bonus numbers. Each player will be able to submit one of each number to score a point for their team. The team that catches the most bonus numbers will be declared winner of Round 2.

In the event of a tie leading to a round win split, I will ask members of each team to submit the opposing team's bonus numbers to me to subtract points from the opponent.

Clause 3 - Highest IV Total

In this round points will be awarded for the 5 highest Total IV submissions from all players. 

for example:

Aqua = A / Magma = M

A - Pinkwings - 160 - +10
    M - Ploegy - 155 - +9
    A - Zane - 153 - +8
    A - Dumbcas - 147 - +7
    M - Baldyads - 144 - +6

M = +15 / A = +25

Aqua wins Round 3 in this example.

In the unlikely chance that there is a tie, I would then use the next 5 highest submissions I received to try to break the tie.

The team that wins 2/3 rounds will win the event and the prize money to be split between the members of the winning team.

Ideally the event will be held stupid time but can be rescheduled if it clashes with another event.

• If teams are too lopsided I will even them out through random selection

Team Prize

3M + 10 Shiny Charms
(Prizes will be split among all participants on the winning team)

Spoiler

Donations:
BaliAds - 2M

Anon - 1M

Anon - 10 Shiny Charms

Also shoutout to my ex teammate Neuzz for this incredible event. Hopefully I can live up to the legacy he has set. 

Edited by NecasInTrouble
  • NecasInTrouble changed the title to [Catching] Magma vs Aqua | Season 1 (Saturday, July 2nd)

Okay now with the first MvA of OpTc is over I can announce the winners! 
Round 1 - Magma won with a total score of 35! A lot of 31s were caught this event xd (Aqua had 24 points) 
Round 2 - Aqua strikes back with 5 total bonus numbers! Just barely beating Magma who had 4!
Round 3 - Magma kind of beat down Aqua here having a score of 29 against Aqua's 16!

Total Score - 2-1 Magma Wins!!! 
GG Everyone it was fun hosting please give me feedback on the event and tell me if you liked it! I would love to host this every other month or if we get enough support maybe monthly!

• Ploegy locked this topic