[Implemented] '/lang en' chat command

Hi, simple suggestion, nothing major.

I find quite often Im switching from English global to French global to talk, etc, etc, and every time I want to switch I have to click the little flag and change it and yada yada, to be frank it's quite cumbersome.

A simple modification would be to switch between languages with a simple tab or even the ability to do /global[fr] or /global[en] to enter that specific language's global/trade/channel etc.

If this function already exists, please let me know! I'd appreciate it!

[quote name='Desu' timestamp='1361714500' post='208934']
How does a '/lang en' command sound?
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure he's just looking for a way to have his language permanently switched. Then again, I don't speak noob, so he could be asking for a lap dance for all we know

I just meant some sort of addition to the /global command so that we dont need to reselect the language every time we want to post in a different language global or channel. Something along the lines of:

"/global en Hey how are you guys?" which would post into the English global and
"/global fr Ca va bien?" would post into the French global.

Just an idea.

But yea a shortcut to switch would be neat... Does /lang en, /lang fr, etc work? Or something similar implemented at the moment?

[quote name='Requiem' timestamp='1361741244' post='209255']
I just meant some sort of addition to the /global command so that we dont need to reselect the language every time we want to post in a different language global or channel. Something along the lines of:

"/global en Hey how are you guys?" which would post into the English global and
"/global fr Ca va bien?" would post into the French global.

Just an idea.

But yea a shortcut to switch would be neat... Does /lang en, /lang fr, etc work? Or something similar implemented at the moment?
[/quote]
[s]I get where you are coming from, but wouldn't it be just as quick to click to which chat you want and then type /lang fr Bonjour?[/s]
Never mind, probably wouldn't be.

[quote name='Dougington' timestamp='1361741479' post='209259']
[s]I get where you are coming from, but wouldn't it be just as quick to click to which chat you want and then type /lang fr Bonjour?[/s]
Never mind, probably wouldn't be.
[/quote]

Yea as it currently is we have to click the flag, click the dropdown, scroll/select language, save, start typing, etc, quite a process for such a simple task.

[quote name='Desu' timestamp='1361897327' post='211209']
It is.
[/quote]Even after relog?
Because no matter how much I click the "EVERYWHERE" button I made that turns off global and trade chats, when I relog, that button is still de-selected.
This is what I'd meant by permanent.

By the way, thanks for the response.

[quote name='BruceWayne' timestamp='1361902448' post='211272']
Even after relog?
Because no matter how much I click the "EVERYWHERE" button I made that turns off global and trade chats, when I relog, that button is still de-selected.
This is what I'd meant by permanent.

By the way, thanks for the response.
[/quote]
I totally agree with this. Even if you remove the everything Chat Tab completely, it will still be on everything when you log on.

[quote name='Desu' timestamp='1362003778' post='212624']
Do you mean tab selection, or language selection?
[/quote]

Bruce is talking about the tabs, as was I. As far as I know, the language settings are tracked and stay the same when you re-log. It would, however, be nice to have this apply to chat options in general, as well as channel selection, which has been a constantly suggested issue. I don't care so much about the tabs, since we can customize them already (but being able to pick a default one instead of defaulting to having everything on would be nice), but I do think having a "home channel" would benefit a lot of players.

I have no idea what kind of server restrictions we have, so feel free to point out any technical issues.

• 1 year later...