(PCL) The PokeMMO Challenge League - General Thread

Should 1v1 played in bo3 ?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should 1v1 played in bo3 ?

2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I have a question, how we will play VGC format in MMO? Because if you lose your 3rd mon, you only will be forced to enter with one of 2 mons that you didn't selected. 
And for 1v1, is better advice to players that Switching moves(Moves that allow you to switch after damage calc, or moves that force your oponent to switch) will be banned, because if someone change their mon, he are violating one of 1v1 Rules.

I assume it will be played in Pokemon Showdown

9 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I have a question, how we will play VGC format in MMO? Because if you lose your 3rd mon, you only will be forced to enter with one of 2 mons that you didn't selected. 
And for 1v1, is better advice to players that Switching moves(Moves that allow you to switch after damage calc, or moves that force your oponent to switch) will be banned, because if someone change their mon, he are violating one of 1v1 Rules

Hey good question! Im still discussing what is the best way to do this. Right now my idea is to use a battle host like we had during world cup. You link the team to the host and the host will announce the 6 pokemon you bring. after both teams are announced you select 4 pokemon in your party and start the battle. And I want to do the same with 1v1 so you have more time for team preview. 30 seconds are probally not enough and this allow players to use switch moves. 

7 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

hola buena pregunta! Todavía estoy discutiendo cuál es la mejor manera de hacer esto. En este momento, mi idea es usar un anfitrión de batalla como el que tuvimos durante la copa del mundo. Vinculas el equipo al anfitrión y el anfitrión anunciará los 6 pokemon que traes. Después de que se anuncien ambos equipos, seleccionas 4 Pokémon en tu grupo y comienzas la batalla. Y quiero hacer lo mismo con 1v1 para que tengas más tiempo para la vista previa del equipo. 30 segundos probablemente no sean suficientes y esto permite a los jugadores usar movimientos de cambio. 

You can do a duel to show the teams and then another with 4vs4

4 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

the problem with this is that people will change sets according to the teampreview.

If you can't allow players to use the PC for this reason, potentially you could have the host hold the 2 mon from each player. This way they won't move from the table.

24 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

If you can't allow players to use the PC for this reason, potentially you could have the host hold the 2 mon from each player. This way they won't move from the table.

You can buy all tms before the match and just change if needed. I know this is scummy to do especially in a event that's meant to have fun but i don't want to create unnecessary drama. 

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

The biggest challenge will be the 1v1 and VGC matches. But, we can find a solution for him. Your idea isn't bad after all, but they force a host on every single match and this sometimes aren't viable, due to Timezones and etc....

3 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

You can buy all tms before the match and just change if needed. I know this is scummy to do especially in a event that's meant to have fun but i don't want to create unnecessary drama. 

true and trading with friends after giving pokes to the host... I'm not sure there's a great idea for this one

n

2 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

true and trading with friends after giving pokes to the host... I'm not sure there's a great idea for this one

but is the best solution to this format. And for 1v1, if anyone use Switch Moves(Moves that force opponent to Switch or allow you to switch) , Auto DQ. And the first to lose your mon, lose the duel. Or, we can just play on Showdown the VGC format, banning Gen 6 onward mons, Legrndaries, Knock Off, Hidden Abilities, Outrage and Shadow Tag.

Edited by caioxlive13

Rotation Battles

• "Rotation Battles are similar to Triple Battles in that three party members in each team are sent onto each side. However, they are sent out onto a circular platform. The platform can be rotated in either direction without wasting a turn. Strategy revolves around predicting which party member the opponent will select and switching to the appropriate counter on the player's side."

@Quinn010, you have a Crystal Ball? How you know that Rotation Battle is one of features of 10th Anniversary Update, before the announcement?

Edited by caioxlive13
3 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Rotation Battles

• "Rotation Battles are similar to Triple Battles in that three party members in each team are sent onto each side. However, they are sent out onto a circular platform. The platform can be rotated in either direction without wasting a turn. Strategy revolves around predicting which party member the opponent will select and switching to the appropriate counter on the player's side."

@Quinn010, you have a Crystal Ball? How you know that Rotation Battle is one of features of 10th Anniversary Update, before the announcement?

XD

7 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Rotation Battles

Crystal Ball - Zerochan Anime Image Board

On 6/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, KaynineXL said:

I mean if you just link the mons the referee can see the moves and see if they change

That's why when i played vs Quinn in 1v1 last PSL, we did link the mons to a 3rd party that then only announced the mons species and we only brought 1 of our selected mons to the battle.

The issue would be if host is not trustworthy and leaks sets to their friends or whatever, but the person that got picked for hosting wouldn't do that so all G

Edited by TohnR
3 hours ago, TohnR said:

I mean if you just link the mons the referee can see the moves and see if they change

That's why when i played vs Quinn in 1v1 last PSL, we did link the mons to a 3rd party that then only announced the mons species and we only brought 1 of our selected mons to the battle.

The issue would be if host is not trustworthy and leaks sets to their friends or whatever, but the person that got picked for hosting wouldn't do that so all 

For VGC can be doing the same thing. Both send the Poképast with their name, and the host announce the mons. So, both players give to host 2 of 6 mons and after both do this, they have 10 seconds to start battle.

we forgot to mention something: Team Preview on VGC(During start of match, not during the time that usually we have to select our mons) will need to be turned off. Also, host cannot reveal picked mons or the mons that he are holding. Can only advice: "X Players already give me the mons. Tell me on whisps if you're ready." . Usually, on VGC, the mons that opponent pick aren't releved before match, only during him(Play VGC on showdown or watch some match to understand).

1 hour ago, Quinn010 said:

they are revealed before the match start where you can select 4 mons out of 6.

In the matchs that i see on showdown, they only reveal the 6 that you bring. Team Preview during match must be disabled to not shown the 4 picked up.

2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

For ones that didn't know: The VGC format doesn't have evasion or OHKO clasule because Pokemon Company doesn't put clasule on thier championship. So, if you want, can spam Minimize/double team.

Yes you can. but in a tournament with stakes i personally wouldn't rely on luck.