[MOD] HGSS Kanto Music Mod (with long loops!)

❤️❤️❤️

Hi everyone! Inspired by Eggplant's HGSS music mod, I made my own with longer loops, and no fading outros!!!
I decided to make this, since for some reason, Eggplant's music mod didn't work right with my game. While I was making it, I decided to hand-edit every single mp3 file of HGSS' Kanto music in Audacity to not only cut out all the fading outros, but to find loop points in each track and loop them for a pretty long time!!

Here's the download link! I hope you enjoy HGSS' Kanto music as much as I do! ❤️

Every single track loops for 5 minutes or more before restarting, with some exceptions!

Those exceptions being:

Spoiler

Battle music including trainer, wild pokemon, and wild horde(which is the Johto battle theme >:3 ) are 10 minute loops

Battle music against gym leaders, Elite 4, and the champion are 15 minute loops

Most town themes are 10 minute loops

Vermillion's theme is 15 minutes for all those people I see meeting there and chilling :3

Most route/area themes are 5 minutes, but for ones that are longer/can require a lot of exploration (Viridian forest, S.S. Anne, etc), I've extended to 15 minutes. Also because the HGSS music for Viridian forest and SS Anne go HARD

The "eyes meet" tracks are only 1 minute loops because, come on. Are you really gonna read "Hi! I like shorts! They're delightfully comfy and easy to wear!" for 5 minutes? I hope not.

Some tracks that don't have enough time to play more than once in-game/dialogue auto-skips

And even some tracks that don't have an intro sequence that can loop perfectly the first time the way they are, like the Pokemon Center theme!

DISCLAIMER
I have only tested this mod on my desktop PC, which is pretty beefy. I can't guarantee that it will work perfectly on Android or lower-end-ish PC's. The only issues I've had is some minor screen flickering, mostly in fullscreen while moving, which was fixed for me by turning on vsync. Plus, another weird issue was a single screen flicker when going between routes, which was fixed by just using borderless windowed mode, and lessened by turning on vsync, I think.

Remember, the filesize for 10 or 15 minute long HQ tracks like these kinda has to be a little large, even after compression.

If a lot of people report issues with this mod or that it doesn't work for them, please let me know! I might make a lite version of it if enough people have issues :0

The whole goal of this mod is to let everyone enjoy and jam out to HGSS' incredible Kanto music during our PokeMMO adventure, and enhance your listening experience! I really hope you all enjoy it! ❤️

If you guys have any suggestions or hear anything wrong with the music or want one of them to be longer, let me know!

❤️❤️❤️

Edited by skyehye33
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...