New take on legendaries

MrDep

Question

I like the current legendary system offered but I feel like all the caves and legendary special locations in these games are empty and redundant without their respective legendary mons. Additionally i feel like a whole aspect of the core game series is missing with all the legendaries missing. Maybe instead al legendaries are incorporated into the game and can be found in their regular location, but instead of triggering a battling sequence you just hear their cry and register them in the Pokédex. These legendaries can spawn in at certain times and can disappear after encountering them. But this way all legendaries are incorporated without having them interfere with pvp and no one can catch them. But these locations/caves still get explored and you have a reason to find them (registering them). 

6 answers to this question

I will never understand why they removed the legendaries, another stupid measure. In the basic Pokémon games the legendaries exist and can be exchanged between players. The excuse of "Too many people would have legendary and it would be inconsistent" does not work since it is already the case on the official games and everything is fine, it would be enough to put an extremely low capture rate for this be a real challenge but because of this stupid feature the Pokédex is not complete and result it is the very interest of the game that jumps.Forbid them in strategy without a doubt I say yes, but not being able to capture them is stupid in a game where the goal is to capture ALL of them.

Legendaries are stupid. In the anime the protagonist doesn't capture them because it would make no sense. Likewise in an online game it would make little sense. You'd have to ban them from PvP, league fights etc. In the regular games even if you trade them, you're still the only owner in YOUR world. That can't happen online, where legendaries should be legendary. Fighting them should just give you the pokedex entry.

I do agree they should put them as boss fights. Perhaps with some one time rewards. From something creative like one-time items that use the legendary's move, or just decorative customization items. Or just just let the legendaries be fought once a day or something for token rewards like cash, elemental stones, etc.

We don’t care about the anime, it’s poop anyway, to which I would add that Go captures Suicune so your argument is invalidated. The legends are unique Pokémon certainly except that if we come back to the animated I remind that Lugia has a baby too. 

It is obvious that it is necessary to prohibit the legendary of the strategy, however even in strategy the legendary exist and are far from being abused like Heatran for example which is made OS by seisme stab. On the other hand for the COLLECTION it is necessary to leave them and to be able to capture them but to block the exchanges with.

On 5/27/2022 at 4:51 AM, MrDep said:

But these locations/caves still get explored and you have a reason to find them (registering them). 

Even tho some legendaries get automatically registered on the Pokédex, I do think that this is a very very good idea, and it's also something very veeery small to add, can't cause any problems or anything. It's just pressing A and hearing a cry, then hey, pokédex. Sadly I don't think they will ever add it, these small suggestions that are just QOL improvements never get added, and never will :((

On 6/16/2022 at 9:33 PM, Leogral said:

Likewise in an online game it would make little sense. You'd have to ban them from PvP

That doesn't matter at all, people want them just for collection, not for anything else. You don't catch pokemon ONLY for PvP, you can catch them for many other reasons, and a reason for having a legendary would be collecting. And you may think that's dumb, but as an old player, I do appreciate my first Aerodactyl which I got back in 2014 and my other many first pokemon. Personally I really think It would have been really cool to have a really old legendary pokémon as a memory or collection for myself.