WHY THE GAMEPLAY IS SO SLOW?!?!?!?

TobiasCo

Question

I'm pretty new to the world of pokemmo, but I'm so tempted to put it down just because of its annoying story mode.
it's terribly slow.
not only is there no way to skip the gruelingly long combat animations, but also you find a pokemon every ten steps, I'm easily more than ten minutes to get out of a cave!!! it's really tiring

is there any way to make my gameplay faster?!?!?

17 answers to this question

You can go into settings to improve text speed. The speed of the story mode follows the cartridge game. PokeMMO doesn't use an emulator so you can't haphazardly speed up the game.

You will find that generally speaking, PokeMMO has many improvements and fulfilled wishes from the cartridge games. I'm fairly confident that you'll get used to the speed as you play more.

As for reducing encounters in the wild, there are items that can be purchased at the mart called repels, super repels, and max repels. When used, it repels all wild pokemon lower than the level of the first pokemon in your party. If you're interested in those items, it will solve your concern over the encounters in the cave. If you are unable to buy repels at this moment, you can ask another player if they would be willing to send you a few via in-game mail or in-game trade. 

Edited by DragoTamer

PokeMMO is already far faster than any vanilla pokemon game.. reduced animation times for many attacks, simplified global animations for less impressive hits, and an additional/faster text speed setting. These things alone offer ways to speed up your gameplay, not to mention the ability to interact and trade, which can offer unique advantages that can result in completely skipping parts of the story. Such as buying a Pokemon with HM Cut already learned, without having to board the S.S. Anne.

As Drago said, you will adjust, but personally I'm wondering how you played the originals without feeling similar things.

8 hours ago, Michelle said:

PokeMMO is already far faster than any vanilla pokemon game.. reduced animation times for many attacks, simplified global animations for less impressive hits, and an additional/faster text speed setting. These things alone offer ways to speed up your gameplay, not to mention the ability to interact and trade, which can offer unique advantages that can result in completely skipping parts of the story. Such as buying a Pokemon with HM Cut already learned, without having to board the S.S. Anne.

As Drago said, you will adjust, but personally I'm wondering how you played the originals without feeling similar things.

Now that Michelle mentions it, an example of what she said is when you have to accompany Wallace in Hoenn to catch his first Pokémon. The entire animation is skipped and that saves time. There are other instances throughout your Pokémon adventure where this happens

On 27/05/2022 at 17:05, Michelle said:

PokeMMO est déjà beaucoup plus rapide que n'importe quel jeu de pokemon vanille. Temps d'animation réduits pour de nombreuses attaques, animations globales simplifiées pour des coups moins impressionnants et un paramètre de vitesse de texte supplémentaire/plus rapide. Ces choses à elles seules offrent des moyens d'accélérer votre gameplay, sans parler de la possibilité d'interagir et d'échanger, ce qui peut offrir des avantages uniques qui peuvent entraîner des sauts complets de parties de l'histoire. Comme acheter un Pokémon avec HM Cut déjà appris, sans avoir à monter à bord du SS Anne.

Comme l'a dit Drago, tu vas t'adapter, mais personnellement je me demande comment tu as joué les originaux sans ressentir des choses similaires.

What you say is completely wrong and I will prove it:

First, the character's running speed is slower and less fluid than the original games.

Second, Pokémon take too long to get out of their Pokéballs in battle, as do opponents.

Third, when learning a new attack, the replacement is long, easily 4-5 second unnecessary text.

And finally fourth: The modification of objects such as the lucky egg and the coin amulet which adds unnecessary time-consuming during farming sessions which are already time-consuming, I mean redoing the arena champions for example that's all the 18 hours, having a delay does not bother me in itself but in this case leave these objects as they are, nobody asked for this modification, it is there to piss off the players because an MMORPG is necessarily a concentrate of non-fun according to the creators.Except that SURPRISE!!! There are many ways to make an MMORPG without doing a stupid grind of 19848941918498 years when maybe players who work and have a family life may not have time to enjoy the game because of these stupid features and unnecessary.

56 minutes ago, Nymphaliie59 said:

What you say is completely wrong and I will prove it:

First, the character's running speed is slower and less fluid than the original games.

Second, Pokémon take too long to get out of their Pokéballs in battle, as do opponents.

Third, when learning a new attack, the replacement is long, easily 4-5 second unnecessary text.

And finally fourth: The modification of objects such as the lucky egg and the coin amulet which adds unnecessary time-consuming during farming sessions which are already time-consuming, I mean redoing the arena champions for example that's all the 18 hours, having a delay does not bother me in itself but in this case leave these objects as they are, nobody asked for this modification, it is there to piss off the players because an MMORPG is necessarily a concentrate of non-fun according to the creators.Except that SURPRISE!!! There are many ways to make an MMORPG without doing a stupid grind of 19848941918498 years when maybe players who work and have a family life may not have time to enjoy the game because of these stupid features and unnecessary.

1 - Running speed is region specific and uses the speed values provided by the game's data. This is vanilla running speed. You might be confused as you are seeing a lot more space around your character, so the visual scrolling isn't as prominent.

2 - I did a test for you: Sword & Shield(9 Seconds From Encounter To Battle Menu) & PokeMMO(9 Seconds From Encounter To Battle Menu).

3 - I did another test for you: Sword & Shield(8 Seconds From TM Usage & Replacing A Move) & PokeMMO(8 Seconds From TM Usage & Replacing A Move)

4 - Consumable changes were made to balance an evolving marketplace, should these items never expire, the economy is massively effected and must be balanced with the assumption that these items are being used indefinitely(Example: Balancing World Prices for 'Gym Reruns+Amulet Coin vs. Gym Reruns'), thus unbalancing the market for players that don't have these items, and making purchases inherently 'cheaper' for those that do. This also effectively opens the door to these items holding more value, and from there-- the encounter rates of these items are adjusted to be beneficial to both seller & buyer.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Michelle

1 - The race speed is obviously faster on the official games RUBIS/Green etc... It would be stupid to say the opposite. I flip these games around and I see clearly that the animation is slower. Take the persona of Poké MMO and a character of Rubis for example and race at a given place and you will see.

2 & 3 - You can not compare the speed of a 3D game and a 2D game, especially I point out that the Epee and Shield games are capped in 30 frames per second which makes it a game twice as slow as it should be. To try it in 60 Frame per second on Emulator has nothing to do with it and it’s much faster but it’s not the subject. The point is that it’s too long there where the majority of players who have done rom hack or fan games put the game faster as they have understood that the difficulty can be adapted to that. 

After everything between each bagde the course in level exists is not out of sight I do not see how it moans to accelerate the speed of the game. Even games like FF12 or FF10 did it because they understood that it was boring. For the shiny maybe? 1 chances out of 30,000 is totally improbable, so much so that I would not be surprised if the existing shiny be only shiny obtained with the premium. 

4- Playing Pokémon in MMORPG is playing the official games as they are, that was the original promise, what people have imagined. That’s why there are so many complaints about the speed of the game, these games have aged that’s how. 

Modifying the lucky egg, the corner amulet has no interest here except to add what everyone hates in Pokémon, namely the grind, having to spend hours killing meows with larçin and then farming arena champions or the league it’s not Pokémon that. Moreover, if we had left things as they are, the lucky egg would have served XP the pokémon at level 100 (which is long enough without us lying) and would have simply farmer the league to get money. 

But when I see the clearing house, my God. Did you see what you did? You have inflated the shiny rate in order to make things impossible to buy, it is IMPOSSIBLE to assemble 80M, it takes months I am certain just to buy ONE POKEMON.

So yes I hear the argument "the shiny are not mandatory, it’s only cosmetic" but those who hold this kind of discourse do not know Pokémon, seem to ignore that people love shiny hunting and spend their end game only to that.

22 hours ago, Nymphaliie59 said:

1 - The race speed is obviously faster on the official games RUBIS/Green etc... It would be stupid to say the opposite. I flip these games around and I see clearly that the animation is slower. Take the persona of Poké MMO and a character of Rubis for example and race at a given place and you will see.

2 & 3 - You can not compare the speed of a 3D game and a 2D game, especially I point out that the Epee and Shield games are capped in 30 frames per second which makes it a game twice as slow as it should be. To try it in 60 Frame per second on Emulator has nothing to do with it and it’s much faster but it’s not the subject. The point is that it’s too long there where the majority of players who have done rom hack or fan games put the game faster as they have understood that the difficulty can be adapted to that. 

After everything between each bagde the course in level exists is not out of sight I do not see how it moans to accelerate the speed of the game. Even games like FF12 or FF10 did it because they understood that it was boring. For the shiny maybe? 1 chances out of 30,000 is totally improbable, so much so that I would not be surprised if the existing shiny be only shiny obtained with the premium. 

4- Playing Pokémon in MMORPG is playing the official games as they are, that was the original promise, what people have imagined. That’s why there are so many complaints about the speed of the game, these games have aged that’s how. 

Modifying the lucky egg, the corner amulet has no interest here except to add what everyone hates in Pokémon, namely the grind, having to spend hours killing meows with larçin and then farming arena champions or the league it’s not Pokémon that. Moreover, if we had left things as they are, the lucky egg would have served XP the pokémon at level 100 (which is long enough without us lying) and would have simply farmer the league to get money. 

But when I see the clearing house, my God. Did you see what you did? You have inflated the shiny rate in order to make things impossible to buy, it is IMPOSSIBLE to assemble 80M, it takes months I am certain just to buy ONE POKEMON.

So yes I hear the argument "the shiny are not mandatory, it’s only cosmetic" but those who hold this kind of discourse do not know Pokémon, seem to ignore that people love shiny hunting and spend their end game only to that.

1 - Same movement speed, different animations(custom character sprites in PokeMMO).

2 & 3 - Framerate doesn't change time. It's still the same amount of time. 2d, 3d, 4d, 5d, still the same amount of time. This was your original complaint.

4 - I would avoid speaking for "everyone" or "people" and just speak to how you feel.

Not being able to disable battle animations to make PvM fights faster is criminal. No reason not to do it, other online Pokemon games allow it, why shouldn't PokeMMO? Little bit of a frustrating design decision by the devs ngl.

In just 1 gym run (all regions gyms) you can get a perfect competitive ready pokemon nowadays. It's not that bad.

Maybe not all species, but if you breed them yourself and buy smart you can cut on the costs by a lot.

2 hours ago, Fourthy said:

Not being able to disable battle animations to make PvM fights faster is criminal.

On 5/27/2022 at 12:46 AM, DragoTamer said:

The speed of the story mode follows the cartridge game. PokeMMO doesn't use an emulator so you can't haphazardly speed up the game.

2 hours ago, Fourthy said:

No reason not to do it, other online Pokemon games allow it, why shouldn't PokeMMO?

Since PokeMMO does not own any copyrighted materials, it is unlikely that your progress will be wiped out. This element alone is enough to justify the system and we are grateful for this brilliant idea which allows the game its longevity.

Edited by Zuladra