Boring PVP meta. (Need Hidden abilities)

Is there a particular reason hidden abilities aren't in game? A particular LEGITIMATE reason? I cannot understand how removing the abilities does anything positive for anyone. Yes, I'm well aware of broken abilities like speed boost blaziken and the like but c'mon.... There are clearly ways and methods around them.

I'm tired of the same meta and I've burned out on it. The same teams and moves and if I were a betting man I'd say most probably have the same EV spread too. If Nintendo themselves allowed the abilities in world championships surely they would not be game breaking here.

I know some will say "it's to make the story more challenging".... well if that's the true reason why not make HAs end game content? Like where you can only use them once you've beaten all regions on a character then you are free to make a new character with full privileges.

At the end of the day I just want some variety in PVP. Removing abilities from pokemon severely limits what teams you can come up with and make the meta utterly repetitive, boring and dull.

12 minutes ago, Ryukaai said:

Is there a particular reason hidden abilities aren't in game? A particular LEGITIMATE reason? I cannot understand how removing the abilities does anything positive for anyone. Yes, I'm well aware of broken abilities like speed boost blaziken and the like but c'mon.... There are clearly ways and methods around them.

I'm tired of the same meta and I've burned out on it. The same teams and moves and if I were a betting man I'd say most probably have the same EV spread too. If Nintendo themselves allowed the abilities in world championships surely they would not be game breaking here.

I know some will say "it's to make the story more challenging".... well if that's the true reason why not make HAs end game content? Like where you can only use them once you've beaten all regions on a character then you are free to make a new character with full privileges.

At the end of the day I just want some variety in PVP. Removing abilities from pokemon severely limits what teams you can come up with and make the meta utterly repetitive, boring and dull.

We have very good players that wont even care about blaziken speed boost , i think if it comes it will be max UU xD , also i dont know but maybe next update we will get HA , but i totaly agree with you , the meta is boring.

2 minutes ago, Huargensy said:

Even if they add hidden, it will take a while and they will get bored anywas and they will say again that the meta is boring, it's a natural cycle.

Forgive me for my ignorance of coding and computer science but....isn't the code for them already made? I don't understand why they can't copy paste and put back what they removed. Again I'm unfamiliar with how coding works but I don't think (and I might be very wrong here) that they would have to make a new code for something thats in the game by default.

And you're probably right... It will get old and players will complain but.... That's no excuse. Everything gets old. However I'd rather the game have more fun and variety while its still in its prime now.

55 minutes ago, Ryukaai said:

Forgive me for my ignorance of coding and computer science but....isn't the code for them already made? I don't understand why they can't copy paste and put back what they removed. Again I'm unfamiliar with how coding works but I don't think (and I might be very wrong here) that they would have to make a new code for something thats in the game by default.

And you're probably right... It will get old and players will complain but.... That's no excuse. Everything gets old. However I'd rather the game have more fun and variety while its still in its prime now.

The code is made because many of the rival NPC trainers have had pokemons with Hidden Abilities for a long time now.

The justification devs had initially for not fully implementing them in the game is because they wanted to use HAs at a future point to revamp the game if it became too stagnant. They have used 5th and 4th generation to revitalise the game at some points but supposedly it will not be possible to include any more regions/generations.

So it's more like they are waiting for the right time for this release to be a 'big event' (and also things in this game happen very slowly)

6 hours ago, Ryukaai said:

I'm tired of the same meta and I've burned out on it. The same teams and moves and if I were a betting man I'd say most probably have the same EV spread too.

And how would the implementation of HA change this?

Yes, logically the meta will change, but in a matter of months players like you will get bored again and ask for legendaries or another new addition with exactly your same argument and so on infinitely.

I would like them to add HA, legendaries, etc, yes, but not under that argument.

If you want to switch metagames, move to another tier, learn how to play them all, and you can even have constant meta changes in UU and NU when some broken shit goes up and down.

Just now, DiosSlurpuff said:

Yes, logically the meta will change, but in a matter of months players like you will get bored again and ask for legendaries or another new addition with exactly your same argument and so on infinitely.

I would like them to add HA, legendaries, etc, yes, but not under that argument.

If you want to switch metagames, move to another tier, learn how to play them all, and you can even have constant meta changes in UU and NU when some broken shit goes up and down.

He will get bored after 3-4 years , because we have epic players that always creat new sets etc.... The meta will change every 2 months , he wont get bored easy , bring HA , thanks.

1 minute ago, Tawla said:

He will get bored after 3-4 years , because we have epic players that always creat new sets etc.... The meta will change every 2 months , he wont get bored easy , bring HA , thanks.

What 3-4 years? Sinnoh changed the meta, it was implemented 2 years ago and they have been asking for HA for 1 year because the ''Meta is repetitive''

7 hours ago, Ryukaai said:

While I agree that HAs are a important addition to the game that should come as soon as they can I also have to ask how many tiers do you play? If you're fighting the exact same teams it has to be OU. NU is hella diverse atm especially after Venusaur got moved up. Unfortunately Blaziken is on almost every single team but it's something you get used to.

2 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

Bro like I told the other guy... The argument "HAs will also get old" is not an argument. It's a trash excuse to justify why HAs aren't implemented. 

We aren't asking for something wild like gen 9 to be put in game. We are asking for something that came with the default game! Do you ever consider WHY people want HAs? It's because OU pvp is stale and boring. It takes miniscule thought to analyze your opponents team and once you know what set they are running its mostly just a game of tic tac toe. I don't play other tiers because the wait times suck and most of my favorite pokemon are in OU. Hell with HAs some UU and NU pokemon are definitely coming to OU. 

With HAs a lot of strategies, teams and moves can be put to use and it'll at least keep the game fresh and exciting for a long time ....yes it'll get old as does everything in existence...so what? Imagine your city not fixing the streets because "they'll only get old again and taxpayers will be complaining again"

1 hour ago, epicdavenport said:

While I agree that HAs are a important addition to the game that should come as soon as they can I also have to ask how many tiers do you play? If you're fighting the exact same teams it has to be OU. NU is hella diverse atm especially after Venusaur got moved up. Unfortunately Blaziken is on almost every single team but it's something you get used to.

I focus on OU because match times are fast and my favorites are in OU. I also know the tier pretty well so I can at least win a few battles lol. I want HAs so I can come up with some new wacky team combos like scarf imposter ditto or rocky helmet rough skin defensive garchomp... I've never seen a defensive chomp in this game...but give em rough skin and you'll see em a lot.

1 hour ago, Ryukaai said:

Bro like I told the other guy... The argument "HAs will also get old" is not an argument. It's a trash excuse to justify why HAs aren't implemented. 

You couldn't misunderstand me anymore, you're talking as if I'm opposed to HA, when I'm just saying that it will age after a year or at most 2 years, and they will ask for new changes for the same reason, a repetitive metagame. However I want the HA just like you.

However, these abilities were confirmed long ago and have been requested since the Unova implementation in 2017/18, just wait and they will be added eventually.

It's because OU pvp is stale and boring. It takes miniscule thought to analyze your opponents team and once you know what set they are running its mostly just a game of tic tac toe.

And this will continue to happen with the hidden abilities, after a few months of the change metagame, or possibly 1 year at most, everyone will see the levels as repetitive and monotonous again (There is a "Metagame" within each tier for a reason, knowing what it means that word, you know how it will end)

Hell with HAs some UU and NU pokemon are definitely coming to OU. 

Yes, there is no doubt about that, and when that happens they will be OU for their use... Knowing MMO players, they will complain that few UU and NU pokémon will be used in OU at that time, arguing how boring OU will be with HA since the same 50-60 mons will almost always be used, just as it is doing now (when, ironically, the tier is called "Over used")

Summarizing and clarifying again, yes, I want HA and we agree on that, but the point that "It will change the meta" and "The game needs changes" is only valid for the first few months, from then on they will ask for a new added with the same argument, as they have been doing since the Hoenn implementation.

Edited by DiosSlurpuff

Can't we just wait for the update in 2 weeks or whatever postponed date and potentially rage afterwards? Might be HA's, might be whatever PvP Update, might be a big disappointment. But devs will not change their content for their patch now, whether it will be HA's or not. I know this postponing of the event gets annoying but just grab a healthy banana or two and enjoy the vitamins while waiting for what's to come!

Edited by Gruul
10 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

What 3-4 years? Sinnoh changed the meta, it was implemented 2 years ago and they have been asking for HA for 1 year because the ''Meta is repetitive

Sinnoh added to us 30 pokemons, 20 of them are useless , dont talk about sinnoh because it didnt change a lot about the meta

14 hours ago, Tawla said:

Sinnoh added to us 30 pokemons, 20 of them are useless , dont talk about sinnoh because it didnt change a lot about the meta

garchomp, rotoms, spiritomb, what else am I missing here? I can only get 3, well 7 if you consider rotom forms (fan/wash/heat/mow/normal)

Edited by razimove
18 hours ago, Tawla said:

With all due respect, you're being ridiculous, only with OU you have garchomp, infernape, rotom (adding Weavile because many spam Chomp, Gyarados's power whip due to too much rotom, he needs a volt cutter so his team isn't crap, etc), if you compare the 2019 metagame without Sinnoh and now, they are absolutly different things bro. A metagame doesn't just change because of the new additions, it also changes because of the old mons that start to be used to count the new mons in question.

And just talking about OU, the other tiers I would say were the ones that have changed the most

ppl forgot the update for moves 8a gen and not read for futures update i think.

When we get there, this will also be an unusual update process. We'll be breaking it into a 3 part series:

1. The major, fragile changes will occur before the event. This will be our launch of the open beta iOS client, general changes like moveset updates, bug fixes, and a large suite of scripting changes to help us support future regions.

Edited by xMago
On 5/12/2022 at 7:39 PM, Ryukaai said:

Forgive me for my ignorance of coding and computer science but....isn't the code for them already made? I don't understand why they can't copy paste and put back what they removed. Again I'm unfamiliar with how coding works but I don't think (and I might be very wrong here) that they would have to make a new code for something that's in the game by default.

It's not that they were removed, just, they were never added.

In fact, the devs do not reuse code in the rom, they just extract graphical assets, strings, stuff like that. Anything that's copyrighted and can't go into the pokemmo client download.

And then they do their best to accurately recreate the games entirely from scratch.

It's not like pokemmo is a slightly edited romhack running in a gba emulator.

It's built from scratch.

(At least, that is my understanding).

As for why they're waiting so long to add them, this discussion is literally like seven or eight years old. Same reason we don't have any real catchable legendaries.

They were like 'we're gonna add dungeons as a new primary farmable endgame content'. Legendaries and hidden abilities are being 'saved' as rewards for a big update like that.

They dont wanna just be like "hey here's ability capsule you can buy it with BP', but make you actually play the game.

Unfortunately, it's been like a decade since they said they were doing this, so if they aren't close to completion, they may as well just roll out already.

The christmas and new year dungeons are some sort of prototype for these infamous dungeons i think.