Erase blocked players from existence!!!

BrokenJoker

Question

Please if possible make it that when I block someone I essentially thanos snap them out of existence.

I dont want to see any traces of them in the overworld/ chat bubbles. If they are in matchmaking dont show me any of their matches. If they are in an officiall tournament replace thier name with "BLOCKED PLAYER". Just erase them from my sight. 

I dont even want to buy any of their trades or OT mons on gtl by mistake. If they so happen to win a tournament or contest please don't show me their name in announcements.

Edited by BrokenJoker

19 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Minks said:

only beta males use the block feature

The whole point of having a block function is to protect or to stop people from dealing with certain individuals.

I get that you might enjoy conflict with such people but not everyone has a good time fighting them some have had bad experiences. Meeting with people you have had bad experiences with in the past only serves as a reminder to the bad times you had. It only makes sense that the block feature should work to stop this from happening again.

Edited by BrokenJoker

Months or even years down the road.....this player is going to lose to you in a battle. He/she is going to try and reform themselves from their prior monster smashing kyle phase, and try to whisper you a GG, only to discover they are blocked. 

You might also be fortunate enough to snag a sexy flexy shiny  youre going to flex this shiny on global.

GG!!!! Everyone says

AWESOME IVs they might add

gorgeous nature even.

This said kyle smasher will try to open your link, only to discover, they are blocked. 

You might just be done and over with on your precious vanities. Maybe you want a couple bucks. Kyle is gonna see your gorgeous mask. Try to PM you an offer. Only to discover, he is blocked.

Double edged sword my friend ♡ im sorry to hear youve had a rough go with a certain player, and while you might be annoyed to see his/her presence....it does work both ways. They are going to be just as annoyed to see you standing there as well. 

Im guessing if we could "thanos snap" people out of existance like that, it would take an aweful large amount of work to make that happen smoothly. When ultimately, you can just as easily ignore their basic asses. And carry on bein the pimp you know you are 

4 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Your approach to this sounds unnecessarily dramatic. I don't want this for the simple reason that if I ever have to play someone in Team Tournament that I have blocked, I don't want to be oblivious to the fact my opponent is standing in front of me while I don't see anyone in my screen.

This is completely understandable and could be resolved by adding options to the current blocking we have. They could add an option to (remove from overworld), (disable chat bubbles), (make player matches invisible in mm), (make player trades not show up on GTL) and so on. 

I wish everyone to be happy with each other here, it's sad to see players upset.

Some questions before procedure my message: what makes you think staff can find time to invest on improve friendlist/blocking mechanism if they still didn't delived Johto/Hidden abilities or anniversary event?

Procedure

In my opinion and from what I see in other games, for manage the out of line players I think staff could think of be aware of the community blocked players to check if they possibly deserve a punishment.

Bring a Unlike button for a player when blocking, to make a small report.

I mean, if he got blocked/unlike a lot punish it 

I have seen this mechanism happen in another game and the bans were automatically made, if lots of people unlike someone it is punished.

So we could be able of send a like or dislike about a player when blocking.

If a player is unliked, ask a question:

- Harassment.

- Inconvenience: asking money.

- Inconvenience: whisper abuse.

Etc.

Edited by MightyMichele

I have empathy with you BrokenJoker.

I passed through a similar situation/feeling. Someone removed me from friendlist for no reason but didn't block me. I

emailed this person and I don't receive a feedback. I think about this person and can't find why this happen. I prefer to not think of it more to preserve my emotion, but happens to me see this person in vermillion city and actively in forum.

I hope this person will send me a message and ask sorry for ignore me because I will be there and players cannot be removed from existing like this forum title they are there in same" tribal" and have to live together and happy so early or later Ill be messaged by she/him

I understand people saying "Hey just ignore", but you aalso have to think, that blocking someone should mean you don't wanna know anything about them, and just want to forget them.

Maybe BrokenJoker has had really bad experiences, we don't know it and it doesn't really matter, he's not asking for a BIG change, it's just a small fix that sounds good.

You block TongXingLianMao?

Then replace "TongXingLianMao" with "BLOCKED USER"

Replace all their messages with BLANK or just don't even show the text bubbles. 

It could be a nice and easy little fix.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:08 AM, BrokenJoker said:

I dont want to see any traces of them in the overworld/ chat bubbles. If they are in matchmaking dont show me any of their matches. If they are in an officiall tournament replace thier name with "BLOCKED PLAYER". Just erase them from my sight. 

I dont even want to buy any of their trades or OT mons on gtl by mistake. If they so happen to win a tournament or contest please don't show me their name in announcements.

One second mate, I got the perfect crying soy wojak for this XD