Dev Team

1小时前,Kyu 说:

Otherwise you get the problem of too many cooks in a kitchen all trying to make the same pot of soup, and nobody is happy with how it tastes.

Indeed, the 10th anniversary event may be so special that it is difficult to have a "fantastic" event idea, which is the reason why the developers have been postponing the event.
There is a Chinese proverb that says "the melon that is twisted is not sweet", so expect to leave more time for the developers to bring us the best anniversary activities.

I am sure that they are giving the maximum effort for this project. people are a bit rushed, but sometimes delay and quality are better than speed and generic, people are really excited and that's why they are impatient.

on the other hand... am I the only one who would be fascinated to know the lore of PokeMMO Epsilon? @kyu

18 hours ago, Ryukaai said:

Why won't they hire a few additional helpers? It can't be that expensive right? Pushing back events is such a bad look and annoys players. I'm sure pokemmo brings in enough money to afford a few dedicated part time coders whose sole purpose is to get stuff out on time. 

Eventsoon™

Pushing back the event isn't a bad look. That's selfish. The proper perspective is that devs care enough to keep working on the big and little details to deliver a fantastic 10th anniversary event. As you play through PokeMMO, notice all the little and big things that they've worked on to bring a seamless and unique experience. I would rather wait an extra month for an event I'm going to absolutely enjoy than receive an event tomorrow that is just blah. 

Additionally, as regular players, it's easy to lose sight of the complexity of the game and get annoyed at little inconveniences. I'm actually happy that those "little annoyances" are even there at all because it signifies we don't have any serious qualms. Kyu provided a thorough answer above to further elaborate on the back-breaking work they do. 

12 hours ago, DragoTamer said:

Pushing back the event isn't a bad look. That's selfish. The proper perspective is that devs care enough to keep working on the big and little details to deliver a fantastic 10th anniversary event. As you play through PokeMMO, notice all the little and big things that they've worked on to bring a seamless and unique experience. I would rather wait an extra month for an event I'm going to absolutely enjoy than receive an event tomorrow that is just blah. 

Additionally, as regular players, it's easy to lose sight of the complexity of the game and get annoyed at little inconveniences. I'm actually happy that those "little annoyances" are even there at all because it signifies we don't have any serious qualms. Kyu provided a thorough answer above to further elaborate on the back-breaking work they do. 

I understand that hard work is put into the game and by no means am I disregarding that. However, I stick to my assertion that pushing back events is a bad look. It's akin to when a concert gets pushed back...yes the artist worked hard on the music but does that change the way you feel about postponement?...as a player I have the right to be disappointed at missed ETAs. Yes I would also rather wait longer for a better event but thats irrelevant to missing a deadline. I think the dev team should stick to their original rule of not giving ETAs as it prevents disappointment when one is missed.

If you were waiting on a bus and it didn't come at its scheduled time you'd be upset. Even if you had no where to go and had all the time in the world to wait...the fact that you were expecting it to happen only to be told it's delayed would annoy you.

Edited by Ryukaai

I'm tired of waiting for the hidden ability, I'm a software developer with some years of experience, I have no idea what programming language the emulator is made in but if it's to bring out the hidden ability I volunteer to help the implementation, no I need a payment since I earn well, and I could work a few hours a day, but if that helps them out, I do it. If you want to contact me

Edited by IsraelCastro
public information email
On 10/5/2022 at 5:13, Ryukaai said:

¿Por qué no contratarán a algunos ayudantes adicionales? No puede ser tan caro verdad? Retrasar los eventos se ve muy mal y molesta a los jugadores. Estoy seguro de que pokemmo genera suficiente dinero para pagar algunos codificadores dedicados a tiempo parcial cuyo único propósito es sacar las cosas a tiempo. 

Eventoon

A wild Kyu appears!

- a wild kyu used Soon!

is very Effective!

a critical hit!

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2022 at 3:47 PM, Kyu said:

"just don't give ETAs lol"

Sorry but... even if you don't give an ETA, or announce something, people will just get demotivated and stop playing, like it's happening with a lot of players, appart from the fact that player retention is pretty bad in this game. . .

35 minutes ago, iankpoxdloll said:

Sorry but... even if you don't give an ETA, or announce something, people will just get demotivated and stop playing, like it's happening with a lot of players, appart from the fact that player retention is pretty bad in this game. . .

I've quit the game and come back 3 or 4 times. This doesn't have to be the only thing people are interested in or play. It's perfectly fine and normal to leave during droughts and return when content drops.