NPC fights: High lvl moves on low lvl? sturdy?

Im newbie in game so sorry for "noob questions". Started in Kanto region. Getting fun from game, but some thing are really annoying and strange for me. I dont know is it try to boost game difficulty or what, but why the hell NPC's pokemons on low lvls have moves normally learned on high lvls? Fought with Growlithe lvl 18 - one shoted me by Fire blast. The heck? Or fought with poliwag lvl 18 - hited me almost all HP by Blizzard. Wut? And why some pokemons have "sturdy" - very annoying and imo unfair ability. Like Magnemite, but mine magnemite dont have it? This is really strange for me and if its try to boost game difficulty, I think there are other, less unfair ways to do it. Dont get me as a crying child, just cant understand some thing here.

Edited by Yatori90

fire blast and blizzard are TM moves, which means they can be learned at any level.

magnemite gets sturdy.

2xK9ctl.png

All moves that NPCs use are also available to you, so it isn't unfair.

You could have a lv18 growlithe with fireblast, or a magnemite with sturdy.

5 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

fire blast and blizzard are TM moves, which means they can be learned at any level.

magnemite gets sturdy.

2xK9ctl.png

All moves that NPCs use are also available to you, so it isn't unfair.

You could have a lv18 growlithe with fireblast, or a magnemite with sturdy.

Ok, got your point and now understand that sturdy, but about that TM moves - many years ago played Fire Red version or old Red version in single and I dont remember NPS had such high moves on that early stage of the game. Thats why I'm surprised. Or i dont remember pretty well. Guess its just a game, and makes it just more difficult, but devs mess that imo with those moves. Anyway thanks for response and enlighten me ?

Just now, Yatori90 said:

Ok, got your point and now understand that sturdy, but about that TM moves - many years ago played Fire Red version or old Red version in single and I dont remember NPS had such high moves on that early stage of the game. Thats why I'm surprised. Or i dont remember pretty well. Guess its just a game, and makes it just more difficult, but devs mess that imo with those moves. Anyway thanks for response and enlighten me ?

Indeed, the original games may not have the same moves. The difficulty is increased by giving npcs better moves -- and better artificial intelligence, mostly.

You can't get lucky with your opponent spamming growl instead of killing you. They'll just use the best move every turn.

However, all the moves they know are possible to have, so it's not really cheating in that sense. If a growlithe can learn fireblast at lv18, then it's justified that it would know it.

You, yourself, have the option to buy a good TM for like 30k and fight on even ground.

I guess by design, they don't want you to completely stomp on opponents, or vice versa -- but have about equal strength.

And the player usually has the strength advantage in the first place just by having 6 pokemon.

You're encountering moves like Fire Blast and Blizzard at this stage of the game because it's the gimmick of the Gamer and PI trainer classes. They use high-risk high-reward moves which do a lot of damage or have powerful effects if they hit, but are very prone to missing. Different types of trainers fight in different ways in this game to add some variety and difficulty to battles that are otherwise extremely predictable and easy to steamroll in the originals.

Personally I prefer pokemmo than the other versions, you'll get used to it, the difficulty is the cornerstone of growth, if it hurts it means it's working, so you'll become stronger and stop being the child who passed the story using only one level 100 charizard with flamethrower. And with the passage of time you will love the rematches of the Elite Four, new strategies are always needed, it is quite a challenge, beautiful.

Good luck and good games my little friend

metan4mis4cosmeticos4al4juego.gif