Please help me pick between these 2 choices for shiny breeding (using a ditto)

Please help me pick between these 2 choices for shiny breeding (using a ditto)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I go for? Base shiny is male with 1*31 and the preferred nature.

• Guarantee 2*31 and hope to get the preferred nature again in future breeds or by RNG (random nature has 1/24 chance)
    • Guarantee 1*31 with preferred nature, and leave it up to rng to get the second 31 IV (1/5 chance to get it since one stat is braced)

Due to different mechanic for shiny, I believe most people will do 2+2 for a chance to get 4x31 (and 3+3 to have a chance for 5x31)

If you have a natured 1x31, how would you gamble with it?

1x31 nat + 2x31/3x31?

And if you choose to everstone nature, you will gamble on the 20% everytime until you get your final target of IVs

9 minutes ago, Riesz said:

Due to different mechanic for shiny, I believe most people will do 2+2 for a chance to get 4x31 (and 3+3 to have a chance for 5x31)

If you have a natured 1x31, how would you gamble with it?

1x31 nat + 2x31/3x31?

And if you choose to everstone nature, you will gamble on the 20% everytime until you get your final target of IVs

I recall asking before about shiny mechanics and it was 2 IVs become the highest possible and rest are averaged, and even if you overlap 31 IVs, if they're not braced they'll also count in the pool of highest possible/average IVs.
So gambling with 2+2 and bracing 2 IVs (example attack, defense and the other one has spdef and speed) will net you either 2*31, 3*31 or 4*31 if you're lucky.
That said I dunno if gambling like this is cheaper than going for the nature outright but it's worth thinking over.

Edited by RenDude