Trade evolution at the Daycare

ScizoMonkey

Question

I have noticed that a LOT of messages on Reddit or FB about PokeMMO is people

asking :

"Can someone help me evolve my Kadabra?"

So I suggest a pretty simple solution :

Players can give their Pokemon to the daycare and take it back immediately for

1000 pokeyen and it triggers the evolution.

That would make less work for the support "someone stole my Haunter!" and Mods and CM wouldn't have to move all across the map to do it.

16 answers to this question

I will +1 this, mainly because I understand people might not know anyone in the game, nor trust anyone at risk of being scammed.

At the same time, I dont see the need, primarily because if I am online, and someone asked for a trade evolve, I help them

6 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

but...why?

This is a MMO

The whole point is to play with people

A massive MULTIPLAYER ONLINE.

There's constantly people online, why do we need this?

We don't need it, it would just make things easier for new players with trust issues and less work for Mods and CM and Support 

On 5/4/2022 at 6:16 PM, hannahtaylor said:

but...why?

This is a MMO

The whole point is to play with people

A massive MULTIPLAYER ONLINE.

There's constantly people online, why do we need this?

You have a point, so i'm on favor of allow it on day-care, at least on start, only for Gift Pokémons, that are untradeable.

18 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

The whole point of having some pokemon only evolve by trading with human players is to encourage pokemon players to interact. Its meant to encourage the social aspect of the game. Implementing a way around this means murdering that part of the game completly.

however we have the Gift Pokémons, that are untradeable, so i'm on favor of this for evolving this type of pokemon. To balance it, maybe add a fee, of $5000(And if require item holding during trade, this item must be on pokémon or it will not work)

Edited by caioxlive13
2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

however we have the Gift Pokémons, that are untradeable, so i'm on favor of this for evolving this type of pokemon. To balance it, maybe add a fee, of $5000(And if require item holding during trade, this item must be on pokémon or it will not work)

Name me one story or gift pokemon we have ever been given that requires trading to be evolved. Until we get one of those your argument wont have any ground to stand on here.

5 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Ye... That would destroy the social aspect of the game!

Reveal hidden contents

proceeds to evolve everyones pokemon daily

Reveal hidden contents

can't have a party of 6 ;-;

Reveal hidden contents

help

In terms of evolving there isnt any other evolving mechanic that requires you to socialize with other human players. This is the social aspect that i was referring to. I would say evo trades at the very least encourage you to start conversing with people, maintaining relationships however is another matter entirely.

42 minutes ago, BrokenJoker said:

Name me one story or gift pokemon we have ever been given that requires trading to be evolved.

The Everstone weilding Haunter in Snowpoint City screams out 

I haven't done the trade for it, but does it still come with the Everstone?

I'm gonna find a Medicham and trade it, to see if it still has the Everstone, if so, thats a gift Pokemon unable to be evolved.

EDIT: No Everstone, But No Gengar.

image.png.b37ebc13704da36439b090309b2613ec.png

Edited by Elizn
1 hour ago, Elizn said:
2 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

Name me one story or gift pokemon we have ever been given that requires trading to be evolved.

The Everstone weilding Haunter in Snowpoint City screams out 

I haven't done the trade for it, but does it still come with the Everstone?

I'm gonna find a Medicham and trade it, to see if it still has the Everstone, if so, thats a gift Pokemon unable to be evolved.

EDIT: No Everstone, But No Gengar.

It wasn't meant to be evolved. It was meant to teach people about how everstones work.

Screenshot_20220512-090327.jpg.6afe5357a70b16d97f7781dd7cd0b8c3.jpg

The fact that it doesn't have an everstone isn't shocking either considering there are many other things the game hasn't fully implemented.

Edited by BrokenJoker

In all honesty I think not recieving the Everstone is intentional, because they're a key item in breeding.

If an NPC was added that allowed players to trade evolve with then potentially these Haunters could be evolved, since we can't trade them

24 minutes ago, Elizn said:

In all honesty I think not recieving the Everstone is intentional, because they're a key item in breeding.

If an NPC was added that allowed players to trade evolve with then potentially these Haunters could be evolved, since we can't trade them

Again that particular haunter wasnt meant to be evolved. Its a constant reminder of how everstones work xd it would be effective as a reminder if you were eventually able to evo it. If you want to evo one you can catch your own and evo that one.

1 hour ago, BrokenJoker said:

Again that particular haunter wasnt meant to be evolved. Its a constant reminder of how everstones work xd it would be effective as a reminder if you were eventually able to evo it. If you want to evo one you can catch your own and evo that one.

have the seadra on Pacifidlog. You receive it when still are a horsea, in exchange for a bagon. You can evolve it to Seadra , but can't evolve to a Kingdra because need to trade it(Holding Dragon Scale iirc).

Of course, we can't forget of Event Gifts that one member of evolutionary line need of trade to evolve.

Edited by caioxlive13
1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

have the seadra on Pacifidlog. You receive it when still are a horsea, in exchange for a bagon. You can evolve it to Seadra , but can't evolve to a Kingdra because need to trade it(Holding Dragon Scale iirc).

You illustrated my point perfectly here. You are given horsea which you can evo to seadra by level up.

The purpose of them implementing it that way was to give you a feel for the pokemon. Giving you the ability to evolve this particular gift all the way  does not encourage you to go find your own in the wild and also evolving this specific gift mon isn't required by the story for you to go forward. Therefore giving people the ability evolve such pokemon isn't necessary here.

2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Of course, we can't forget of Event Gifts that one member of evolutionary line need of trade to evolve

They shouldn't be tradeable and they shouldn't be evolved simply because of what they are... trophies and not to mention the significance of the form they are given to you.

Imagine you won a nu tournament and they gave you a gift shiny golbat and then you went on to evolve it to crobat. That particular trophy would no longer represent what it did before you evolved it.

The fact that you have this view of event gift mons means given the chance you would evolve them which would be insulting to the tier / competition you would have won. Allowing you to evo/ trade gift pokes in this way would satisfy you but at the expense of the competition / tier.

This idea has been brought up in different ways, and mostly those suggestions land on, just add an additional option when trading to indicate it is a trade only for evolution. No Pokemon exchange actually happens, it just triggers the evolution with the help of another player.