Timer option for custom battles

Quinn010

Question

Hello my suggestion is to add a timer option for custom battle's (friendly battle's) this is to improve the unofficial tournaments. How it works right now is you can turn it on or off there is not a option to extend it or make it shorter. In my opinion 3min timer is to low if you play a competitive match you often see people make rushed plays when they low on timer just because the timer is too short. My sugestion is to give us a option to increase it to like 3 minute ( standard ), 5 minute (competitive timer), and 30 seconds (blitz timer) . I understand that 3min timer is fine for ranked battle or tournaments so people don't stall those so that's why my sugestion is for friendly battle's. I also personally never lost on timer i just think this improve the comp scene.

Edited by Quinn010

13 answers to this question

Blitz mode is actually an amazing idea. That could make for some super entertaining tournaments I think, and it would be great if it could occasionally be implemented into officials as it would showcase the players who are best at thinking on their feet.  

E: Don't forget to upvote this post as well as liking it

Edited by Zymogen

Also, a good aaddition could be the PickTeamSize rule, basically you set the number of mons that you can pick(Example: set to 4, the 4 that you select in team preview, and if don't select 4, then the first 4 on your party in order) at maximum. This can make a lot more easier to play custom metagamings like 1v1, 2v2 or VGC.
Also, the option of custom timer on Team Preview(Seting to 1 minute and 30 seconds for example) can be implemented, making fight on some metagamings(VGC) more accurate to the truth.

23 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Also, a good aaddition could be the PickTeamSize rule, basically you set the number of mons that you can pick(Example: set to 4, the 4 that you select in team preview, and if don't select 4, then the first 4 on your party in order) at maximum. This can make a lot more easier to play custom metagamings like 1v1, 2v2 or VGC.
Also, the option of custom timer on Team Preview(Seting to 1 minute and 30 seconds for example) can be implemented, making fight on some metagamings(VGC) more accurate to the truth.

don't derail my suggestion if you want pickteamsize in the game make your own suggestion.