Pokemon Mounts

onewatermaster

Question

in a game called lets go pikachu/eevee there's a mounting system which I think can be in pokemmo too. pokemon mounting has always been a thing I loved when I played pokemon pikachu/eevee felt like I could just ride and show off my shiny pokemon while mounting, like riding a golden onix on top of his head, but doing it on a multiplayer game like PokeMMO how does this idea sound? I know it will be hard with the modeling since its going to be way different than the pokemon following sprites. but riding a pokemon instead of riding a bike seems more like a adventure with my pokemon, and I can just show off my cool shiny pokemon I spent trying to get after spending thousands of hours in, a little more achievement for the shiny hunters you know.

6 answers to this question

The main limitation to this is that the mount sprites need to be already in the rom.

Devs can't just google sprites that are suitable and add them to the pokemmo client.

You say the modeling will be difficult, but they don't get to do any modeling in the first place.

Sad truth is, either it's in the rom or it's not being added.

1 hour ago, Eggplant said:

The main limitation to this is that the mount sprites need to be already in the rom.

Devs can't just google sprites that are suitable and add them to the pokemmo client.

You say the modeling will be difficult, but they don't get to do any modeling in the first place.

Sad truth is, either it's in the rom or it's not being added.

damn dude I had no idea, I was thinking of a complete different thing I guess this mounting idea is something that's never going to be possible? sad 

Just now, onewatermaster said:

damn dude I had no idea, I was thinking of a complete different thing I guess this mounting idea is something that's never going to be possible? sad 

I mean, unless they can make it work somehow with the heart gold follower sprites.

1 minute ago, Eggplant said:

I mean, unless they can make it work somehow with the heart gold follower sprites.

well heart gold is not even out yet due to kanto, so yeah I think its a thing that is possible but not possible at this very moment maybe someday in the future 

3 hours ago, Eggplant said:

La principal limitación de esto es que los sprites de montaje deben estar ya en la rom.

Los desarrolladores no pueden simplemente buscar en Google sprites que sean adecuados y agregarlos al cliente pokemmo.

Dices que el modelado será difícil, pero no pueden hacer ningún modelado en primer lugar.

La triste verdad es que, o está en la rom o no se está agregando.

But the Christmas sled is not in any of the roms, and yet it is in the game, echoed by them, power can, I do not know if it would touch the legality that PokeMMO has, they could give us the tool to edit the bicycle, in that way, to be able to make mods to create our own mounts, since, it is not illegal for the game if we do it.

12 hours ago, JaviFX said:

But the Christmas sled is not in any of the roms, and yet it is in the game, echoed by them, power can, I do not know if it would touch the legality that PokeMMO has, they could give us the tool to edit the bicycle, in that way, to be able to make mods to create our own mounts, since, it is not illegal for the game if we do it.

indeed, a christmas sled is not a copyrighted item.

similarly, we get sometimes some custom bosses like robot santa, or pumpking, etc.

they actually can do whatever they want with non-copyrighted material, they usually just choose not to add any.

but drawing a custom sprite of an existing game freak character (like an onix or lapras mount) is not possible.

if they're going to use an onix or lapras asset, it has to be in the rom.

As for bike mods or clothes mods, i agree it would be nice.

in fact, I imagine they could, but simply don't want to because you can buy bikes and clothes in the gift shop -- so if you could mod your bike and clothes for free... you wouldn't spend money in the gift shop.