Looking for advice on multiple Team builds for different regions

First and Foremost, I apologize if this is not the correct Forum for this, I will gladly post it elsewhere if needed.

So I've been on and off playing Pokemmo for about... 9 years? roughly at least, and after taking extensive breaks and coming back multiple times, I've noticed the increasing difficulty of certain things like re-battles, today I attempted to use my team I beat E4 with back in like 2014 or something, and got brutally wiped by Brock's re-battle.

I'm no stranger to IVs or EV training, but it seems I can no longer just "play favorites" and EV train my way into late game content. 

I intend to start a fresh playthrough, moving through the regions in the same order as the Gen releases, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a thread that could assist me in building teams for each playthrough. At this point I'm fine with anything, I just don't know the differences between "vanilla" games and the pokemmo equivalent given that it's multiple games in one.

So yeah, long story short, any and all advice is super appreciated, I plan to use this as practice for potential competitive play down the road, but I don't HAVE to build a purely competitive team, I just figured since my 8 or so appropriately leveled pokemon are all... useless for lack of a better term, I might as well start fresh and have fun with it as I progress normally.