Thoughts on a Sweet Scent Ocarina?

JohtoGaming

Question

I mean, hear me out. We have Dig AND Teleport which essentially do the exact same thing. But what if we had a Sweet Scent ocarina to take care of that extra pokémon slot enabling us to train up to 5 pokémon at once as opposed to 4.

If this is worth the thought, then by all means, please post feedback in the thread  and let me know if this sounds like a good idea. ?

7 answers to this question

While i do agree a sweet scent ocarina would be awesome to free up yet another move, training 5 pokemon at once is totally viable with a teddiursa/sweet scent/rock slide/earthquake/covet with pickup as an ability. You can KO anything you want, thief it if you wish, and get additional loot from pickup, also leaving you with 5 slots to EV train pokemon with.

I still agree though, an ocarina that is replinished from leppas would be insanely awesome. Imo the true benefit there would be freeing up another slot for smeargle, as the traditional "catch everything" build is false swipe/spore/soak/sweet scent. Dropping sweet scent and allowing for smeargle to run substitute to avoid status or even mean look to prevent escaping shinies would be incredibly helpful. 

You can train 5 using a Butterfree (I use this for bulk EV orders, Sweet Scent, Electroweb/Bug Buzz, Teleport, Defog/Psychic) Teleport is a decent trade off for Pickup imo

I would love a Sweet Scent ocarina tbh. If it was rechargable *to me* I wouldnt use it. But if it was infinite use then that would totally destroy the Leppa Berry market. 

6 minutes ago, Elizn said:

You can train 5 using a Butterfree (I use this for bulk EV orders, Sweet Scent, Electroweb/Bug Buzz, Teleport, Defog/Psychic) Teleport is a decent trade off for Pickup imo

I would love a Sweet Scent ocarina tbh. If it was rechargable *to me* I wouldnt use it. But if it was infinite use then that would totally destroy the Leppa Berry market. 

Just think, it would not suit PokeMMO, it would ruin the economy of the shiny market and its players would be upset. :c

On 4/20/2022 at 10:34 PM, Ggenelchatxd2 said:

Just think, it would not suit PokeMMO, it would ruin the economy of the shiny market and its players would be upset. :c

On 4/20/2022 at 10:26 PM, Elizn said:

But if it was infinite use then that would totally destroy the Leppa Berry market. 

I was going to make a comment, but this perfectly sums up what I think about it.

As long as the ocarina is reloaded via leppa berries, it would have absolutely no effect on the market. The risk to the market would not be an overflow of shinies. It would be making leppas redundant. So long as the ocarina is not infinite use, we will habe no issues. Simply convenience.

To compound the convenience factor, they could potentially make it auto reloadable, 3 leppas at a time, just as a normal leppa hunt would carry out. Only it would save several taps/clicks on the screen. I would be alright with this