Vanity Suggestion Thread

Darkshade

Question

A cordial to whoever reads this, on this occasion I would like to propose the team Rocket handmade costume made by Jessie and James from the Pokémon anime, a couple very loved by almost everyone who saw the anime, it can come out as an edition costume limited, I believe that this costume will be well received by the players since as I mentioned it belongs to one of the most beloved couples, I also see this as a way of paying tribute to the late Diana Perez, the person who gave life to Jessie in the Latin dubbing of the Pokémon anime, I also don't think it's a bad idea to add some wigs that are similar to Jessie and James's hair, being such a beloved couple it is most likely that many players want to buy the cosmetic therefore I think some people You can make more donations to acquire award points, I took the liberty of making an image about this (image that does not have much relevance), anyway thanks for reading this.

875636853_tearocket.png

unknown.png

My suggestion is to make the Winged Helmet colorable. The off-white greyish part on top (not the wings) are the same exact shade as the colorable vanities are when theyre white or before selecting a color - to prove this I put it next to an actual colorable item, the Ice Cream Hood. @Darkshade was this supposed to be a colorable vanity? I'm posting it here in case it wasn't intended to be, my suggestion would be to make it colorable.

Edited by awkways
On 12/26/2021 at 9:18 AM, awkways said:

unknown.png

My suggestion is to make the Winged Helmet colorable. The off-white greyish part on top (not the wings) are the same exact shade as the colorable vanities are when theyre white or before selecting a color - to prove this I put it next to an actual colorable item, the Ice Cream Hood. @Darkshade was this supposed to be a colorable vanity? I'm posting it here in case it wasn't intended to be, my suggestion would be to make it colorable.

Hi, is this what you want?

Untitled 12272021 125217.png

33 minutes ago, Prande said:

Hi, is this what you want?

Untitled 12272021 125217.png

No. I made my own picture of what i wanted - it's my post - the one you quoted. The top left picture in my post has a colored winged helmet. My suggestion is only to make it colorable like the ice cream hood is. I don't think the wings should be colorable, again, as I stated in my post. Did you not read my suggestion at all? Seems more like you just wanted to make your own version.

Also, regarding your Iron Man outfit, there has been "Iron Superhero Helmet" and "Iron Hero Costume" in strings for over a year now - since around August 2020 iirc. That means the developers already made their own version of that, and are waiting for the right time to release it. Did you already know that and want to claim credit for the developers adding "your" idea once it's released, or is it just a coincidence?

<string id="21222">Iron Superhero Helmet</string>
  <string id="26121">Iron Hero Costume</string>

On 12/5/2021 at 3:44 AM, Prande said:

IMG_20211205_165646.thumb.png.9b1ccb9a6e7d718ab41b0829011c23fb.png

I modified the first generation armor!

PS. Iron man's 1st generation armor looks nothing like this. Yours looks more like Mark 50+. This is 1st gen:

s-l500.jpg

Edited by awkways
3小时前,awkways 说:

No. I made my own picture of what i wanted - it's my post - the one you quoted. The top left picture in my post has a colored winged helmet. My suggestion is only to make it colorable like the ice cream hood is. I don't think the wings should be colorable, again, as I stated in my post. Did you not read my suggestion at all? Seems more like you just wanted to make your own version.

Also, regarding your Iron Man outfit, there has been "Iron Superhero Helmet" and "Iron Hero Costume" in strings for over a year now - since around August 2020 iirc. That means the developers already made their own version of that, and are waiting for the right time to release it. Did you already know that and want to claim credit for the developers adding "your" idea once it's released, or is it just a coincidence?

<string id="21222">Iron Superhero Helmet</string>
  <string id="26121">Iron Hero Costume</string>

PS. Iron man's 1st generation armor looks nothing like this. Yours looks more like Mark 50+. This is 1st gen:

s-l500.jpg

I'm inspired by life and my love of pixel art, and I don't deliberately create something unless it helps someone else

Edited by Prande
On 12/25/2021 at 8:18 PM, awkways said:

unknown.png

It was never intended to be a colorable vanity no, it's just a fitting grey.

gotta say the winged helmet would be amazing as a colourable vanity, perfectly suited for it. it would also be great to have more colourable vanities that aren't monochrome - the white and the gold on the winged helmet would make for some good colour combinations with other vanities

Edited by Zymogen
4 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Because of laziness or incompetence? Clearly the colored variant would be much better so either you are pulling a desu lab coat tactic by releasing colored separate or you really dropped the ball there by making it vanity grey. 

5 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Bit of a shame but thanks for the response

3 hours ago, heichicoda said:

If there are one or two pieces of fashion that can be dyed in future festival activities, it will not only have more collocations, but also drive the consumption of dyes.

Agreed. Colorable vanities just bring more variation to event reward, instead of seeing 99% of players running around wearing the same exact thing. It allows us to enjoy the new vanities with a wider variety of clothes in general

21 hours ago, PrincessLolita said:

Because of laziness or incompetence? Clearly the colored variant would be much better so either you are pulling a desu lab coat tactic by releasing colored separate or you really dropped the ball there by making it vanity grey. 

No need to be rude.

It was based off of Hermes' Helmet from Greek Mythology which is traditionally Gold and/or Silver in color.

It was a late addition to the Christmas giveaway roster (It was not initially designed for it), so discussing its colorability wasn't really on the table.

Unlike most other vanities, it is possible to make it colorable going forward, which we'll discuss.

You also seem to misunderstand what brought about the 'Desu's Labcoat' fiasco.

That one was never intended to be colorable either, but was accidentally released with a colorable flag - these ones were pulled at a later date, but we opted not to remove the existing ones because we deemed it unfair for the players.

I'm not sure why your default outlook is something nefarious in either case, but it isn't true.

On 12/28/2021 at 1:52 PM, Zymogen said:

gotta say the winged helmet would be amazing as a colourable vanity, perfectly suited for it. it would also be great to have more colourable vanities that aren't monochrome - the white and the gold on the winged helmet would make for some good colour combinations with other vanities

The issue tends to be that most vanities which are defined by additional colors tend to lose their 'look' when non-colorable parts match the color selected as colorable, but I'll keep it in mind!

17 hours ago, Prande said:

Green Christmas socks once existed, and whether they will again?

880019246_Untitled12292021093933.thumb.png.3c6677b0af2f2caa4cf5b4bf8e5bddd9.png

Maybe one day!

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

No need to be rude.

It was based off of Hermes' Helmet from Greek Mythology which is traditionally Gold and/or Silver in color.

It was a late addition to the Christmas giveaway roster (It was not initially designed for it), so discussing its colorability wasn't really on the table.

Unlike most other vanities, it is possible to make it colorable going forward, which we'll discuss.

You also seem to misunderstand what brought about the 'Desu's Labcoat' fiasco.

That one was never intended to be colorable either, but was accidentally released with a colorable flag - these ones were pulled at a later date, but we opted not to remove the existing ones because we deemed it unfair for the players.

I'm not sure why your default outlook is something nefarious in either case, but it isn't true.

The issue tends to be that most vanities which are defined by additional colors tend to lose their 'look' when non-colorable parts match the color selected as colorable, but I'll keep it in mind!

Maybe one day!

cmon we want the winged colorable bro, pls do that, it's kinda dumb that ice cream thing can be colorable and one of the most beautiful vanity can't be