More filters for GTL's advanced search UI

Bhen

Question

OT : Allows users to query pkmns by OT

Min Total IV : Allows users to query pkmns based on Total sum of IVs

Catch date : Allow users to query pkmns by year of encounter

Ribbons : same kind of dropdown as particles but for ribbons

All this elements can influence the value of a pokemon. Imagine a Pikachu caught in 2012 by Desu with 175 Total IVs and 8 ribbons. It would sell at high price would'nt it ? As of today, no filter in the advanced search of GTL allow people to filter this kind of "rare" pkmn. In my opinion, it's unfortunate.

If this suggestion is implemented, to prevent abuse, It would be better I think to cancel all the active sales (and repay the fees to each players).

EDIT : It would also be nice to consider adding types and EVs filters

EDIT 2 : Also moves ?

Edited by Bhen

9 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Bhen said:

OT : Allows users to query pkmns by OT

Min Total IV : Allows users to query pkmns based on Total sum of IVs

Catch date : Allow users to query pkmns by year of encounter

Ribbons : same kind of dropdown as particles but for ribbons

All this elements can influence the value of a pokemon. Imagine a Pikachu caught in 2012 by Desu with 175 Total IVs and 8 ribbons. It would sell at high price would'nt it ? As of today, no filter in the advanced search of GTL allow people to filter this kind of "rare" pkmn. In my opinion, it's unfortunate.

If this suggestion is implemented, to prevent abuse, It would be better I think to cancel all the active sales (and repay the fees to each players).

I totally agree with this. Also would be nice to have a filter by EV's

Only ribbons and EVs present an informative aspect of a wanted pokemon (EVs not being necessarily THIS useful to bother implement), the rest being not QoL improvements but more delusions for people that would find value in Kyu's poop if it was possible. 

OT search could have an useful functionality to create some semblance of market based on reputation within the game (ex for ppl selling comps/having a specific field of business that involves their OT) but the botting/exploit risk is too big I guess. 

There are way more important QoL matters regarding GTL that would help everyone and not just middle school fan boys fighting over a pixel name. Please implement functionalities like multiple windows for advanced search,  minimizing GTL, or interacting reducable UI first. 

On 3/28/2022 at 5:04 PM, Bhen said:

Imagine a Pikachu caught in 2012 by Desu with 175 Total IVs and 8 ribbons. It would sell at high price would'nt it ?

No, all of this is worthless information that bring no value to the Pokemon, besides the IVs which can already be searched for ?
I guess that would be yet another useless speculative market for late game players that don't know how to spend their money tho

Also +1 to people saying we should be able to search by EV and Ability. Could also include looking for learnt moves that would greatly help for making egg moves at a smaller cost

Edited by TohnR