April 2022-Movement Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Munya said:

After discussing it with others, movements will be based off of time of creation of the thread going forward.

So does that mean the threads will be created nearer when the season ends, rather than a week before?

It seems a compromise should be needed as you can see usage tends to change in between the thread being created and the new season.

2 hours ago, Munya said:

After discussing it with others, movements will be based off of time of creation of the thread going forward.

Why so ? If you're saying it's to avoid people to manipulate usages near the end season, the best way to fix that would be to give enough interest in the ladder so people can't do that. 
The tier changes should take into consideration the whole season of usages, all the more in the tiers that are UU, NU & Dubs that have very low usages overall already.

If you're doing this please do an average of all 3 months rather than just using usages from 2 or 3 weeks in the last month of the cycle.

Also you still haven't fixed UU & NU seasonals that are still hapening after the tier changes which negate the point for players to practice the tier during the season.
You've promised thrice already to do something about it, been a year and a half still nothing ? 

Edited by TohnR
1 hour ago, Imperial said:

So does that mean the threads will be created nearer when the season ends, rather than a week before?

It seems a compromise should be needed as you can see usage tends to change in between the thread being created and the new season.

We do them as close to the end of the month as we can get them to allow some discussion, usually on the weekend prior to the change, this season just unfortunately ended near the end of the next week.

23 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

Can we please start discussing ambipom? Super strong in the NU tier, shits on offensive teams, im not good with writing long paragraphs but everyone and their moms want this mon banned

At this point you are kind of late, I would suggest posting in the request thread for the specified tier and maybe we can get a thread going if you are actually serious, though, you might need some reasoning behind what you say to convince someone its in need of a thread.

17 hours ago, NiceRNGbro said:

yes take this bastard monkey out of NU 

I'm against Ambipon's ban from NU. They are a mon good, but not too broken in certain moments. He are only OP for now, because all good defensive walls go up by usage to Under Used. Only Slowbro or any physical wall go down, and ambipon lose your chances on NU.

1 minute ago, caioxlive13 said:

I'm against Ambipon's ban from NU. They are a mon good, but not too broken in certain moments. He are only OP for now, because all good defensive walls go up by usage to Under Used. Only Slowbro or any physical wall go down, and ambipon lose your chances on NU.

Lol, so instead of banning, we'll just wait for walls to come down to fix the problem? Kek

Also, I'm not necessarily for ambi ban, I don't think it's too OP it's just incredibly frustrating to play an offensive tier with a mon that stops you being offensive. An odd one for sure.

Why are tier changes already applied in game ???? Tonight is the fucking ladder rush and you're ruining it for the NU community

You just don't want people to have any interest in playing the game ...

8 minutes ago, TohnR said:

Why are tier changes already applied in game ???? Tonight is the fucking ladder rush and you're ruining it for the NU community

You just don't want people to have any interest in playing the game ...

I cannot make tier changes happen at a specific time, I am available right now so they are done right now, I'd rather do it a day ahead of time than a day later so it doesn't effect next months usage.

8 minutes ago, Munya said:

I cannot make tier changes happen at a specific time, I am available right now so they are done right now, I'd rather do it a day ahead of time than a day later so it doesn't effect next months usage.

You would rather but the community wouldn't rather. But that suits you as when everyone leaves UU/NU you won't have any tier changes to make ? Less work for Munya

42 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Lol, so instead of banning, we'll just wait for walls to come down to fix the problem? Kek

Also, I'm not necessarily for ambi ban, I don't think it's too OP it's just incredibly frustrating to play an offensive tier with a mon that stops you being offensive. An odd one for sure.

exactly, it's too frustrating to try to play with something offensive and be stopped by this fucked up monkey, the "rest" is no longer enough

Trode quickban aside, with the use of a single brain cell you could have planned ahead and scheduled UU/NU seasonals on this past weekend and have had OU/Dubs (for which movements don't matter) this weekend.
You would have avoided a lot of sourness from the few players that still play those tiers.
Seems poorly planned on all fronts to me.

Edited by Draekyn
3 minutes ago, Draekyn said:

Trode quickban de lado, com o uso de uma única célula cerebral você poderia ter planejado com antecedência e agendado UU/NU sazonal neste fim de semana passado e ter OU/Dubs (para quais movimentos não importam) neste fim de semana.
Você teria evitado muita azedume dos poucos jogadores que ainda jogam esses níveis.
Parece mal planejado em todas as frentes para mim.

ya, for some players like me it is impossible to adapt to changes in literally 2 days

In case Electrode quickban isn't a premature ApFools joke, congrats to TC for making the most laughable, baseless and straight up awful decision in the history of this game. Have you even looked at tiering policies once to get an idea how sparingly quickbans should be used?

Edit: Quickbanning for Support Uber Characteristics for fast screens set up, just take a minute just think how ridiculous that sounds. Just fucking think.

Edited by OrangeManiac