PSL Lab First Edition - General Thread

52 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Firstly, PSL is an open forum based event that is dedicated to the whole of the PokeMMO community, thus "PokeMMO." This event appears to have had sign-ups in a private discord server which is against the values of PSL.

Bro pls, u cant talk about "values of PSL"

53 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Second, past hosts of PSL have their own discord server and the tradition has been to contact someone who has hosted before to use the name or carry on the tradition of hosting a PSL. This was not done.

Tradition, not rule. 

54 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Outside of that, I have no objection and the community can do as they please. It's simply a respect thing, an inclusion thing, and a "don't burn out the PSL" thing. We hope to host a real PSL every year or so to keep the hype alive. Whenever we have this knock off events, community excitement dies down. Now I've said my peace, good luck.

PSL Past not intended to replace the official PSL, PSL Zero not intended to replace the official PSL, and PSL Lab not intended to replace the official PSL either. Are just events who use "PSL" like a short name who all know, and "Lab" "Past" "Zero" to diference them from the official PSL.

6 hours ago, Draekyn said:

I get JJ's initial reaction. But it's a team event making it distinct from the larger community PSL, self-funded.
Using the name PSL is just useful as a shortcut to everyone understanding what kind of event it is (no matter what kind of language they speak) thereby understanding the rules etc.
Credit was given for the walls of text, got no problem with it.  

This ^^^

7 minutes ago, SejuaniSupport said:

Y para que le ponen PSL? habiendo tantos nombres 

jj tiene razon, lo unico que esto tiene de parecido a un psl es que hay mucha plata en juego y estoy seguro que si el psl pasado gb ponia que el premio era $0 el 90% de los jugadores nos hubieramos anotado igual

Hay torneos oficiales todos los dias para que los jugadores nuevos puedan mostrar su potencial, no hace falta usar el nombre psl para que resalten un poco mas, no le saquen al prestigio al nombre en torneos donde lo unico interesante es la plata

No, no es solo la similitud de que hay mucha plata en juego, incluso como vos mismo dijiste nadie juega el PSL oficial por la plata. Sino fijate este mismo caso, el que mas gano del PSL creo que fue encanto, y se llevo 10m, casi nada. Nadie juega un tour de meses de duracion por 10m. 
La similitud con el PSL es que es el unico torneo de este estilo en el juego, asi de subastas, temporadas, playoffs y demas. El mundial es lo unico que se me ocurre que es similar, y tampoco tanto porque no tiene draft. 
El llamarlo PSL no es quitarle merito, hype ni nada, es simplemente lo que dijo Draekyn. No entiendo porque tanta histeria por un torneo que se llame PSL, no es como que hubieran patentado o inventado el PSL como tal.

Spoiler

No, it's not just the similarity that there is a lot of cash at prize, even as you said yourself nobody plays the official PSL for cash. But look at this same case, the one who won the most from the last PSL I think was Encanto, and he took 10m, almost nothing. No one plays a months-long tour for 10m.
The similarity with the PSL is that it is the only tournament of this style in the game, as well as auctions, seasons, playoffs and others. The WC is the only thing I can think of that is similar, and not so much because it doesn't have a draft.
Calling it PSL is not detracting from it, hype or anything, it's just what Draekyn said. I don't understand why so much hysteria for a tournament called PSL, it's not like they had patented or invented PSL as such.

They deleted the posts, how sad

16 minutes ago, NagaX said:

No, no es solo la similitud de que hay mucha plata en juego, incluso como vos mismo dijiste nadie juega el PSL oficial por la plata. Sino fijate este mismo caso, el que mas gano del PSL creo que fue encanto, y se llevo 10m, casi nada. Nadie juega un tour de meses de duracion por 10m. 
La similitud con el PSL es que es el unico torneo de este estilo en el juego, asi de subastas, temporadas, playoffs y demas. El mundial es lo unico que se me ocurre que es similar, y tampoco tanto porque no tiene draft. 
El llamarlo PSL no es quitarle merito, hype ni nada, es simplemente lo que dijo Draekyn. No entiendo porque tanta histeria por un torneo que se llame PSL, no es como que hubieran patentado o inventado el PSL como tal.

Reveal hidden contents

No, it's not just the similarity that there is a lot of cash at prize, even as you said yourself nobody plays the official PSL for cash. But look at this same case, the one who won the most from the last PSL I think was Encanto, and he took 10m, almost nothing. No one plays a months-long tour for 10m.
The similarity with the PSL is that it is the only tournament of this style in the game, as well as auctions, seasons, playoffs and others. The WC is the only thing I can think of that is similar, and not so much because it doesn't have a draft.
Calling it PSL is not detracting from it, hype or anything, it's just what Draekyn said. I don't understand why so much hysteria for a tournament called PSL, it's not like they had patented or invented PSL as such.

It's not hysteria, but I already understood
You just have to click on the photos of each participant of this "psl" and those who want to change the name
That is where you will see the big difference and why we will never agree

4 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Estoy de acuerdo con el respeto loco a alguien por tirar 300m a la comunidad y todo, pero aquí están mis preocupaciones:

En primer lugar, PSL es un evento basado en un foro abierto que está dedicado a toda la comunidad PokeMMO, por lo tanto, "PokeMMO". Este evento parece haber tenido registros en un servidor de discordia privado que va en contra de los valores de PSL.

En segundo lugar, los anfitriones anteriores de PSL tienen su propio servidor de discordia y la tradición ha sido contactar a alguien que haya alojado antes para usar el nombre o continuar con la tradición de alojar un PSL. Esto no se hizo.

Fuera de eso, no tengo ninguna objeción y la comunidad puede hacer lo que quiera. Es simplemente una cuestión de respeto, una cuestión de inclusión y una cuestión de "no quemar el PSL". Esperamos organizar una PSL real cada año para mantener viva la expectación. Cada vez que tenemos estos eventos de imitación, la emoción de la comunidad se desvanece. Ahora he dicho mi paz, buena suerte.

callate

The problem I see with everyone calling their own tournament "PSL" is there will be less hype when the "regular" PSL will be create. Since it was something happening once a year or maybe twice was really exciting and bring a lot of hype in the pvp community. Now PSL from private team follow each other and then people dont take this name seriously.

8 hours ago, AwaXGoku said:

The problem I see with everyone calling their own tournament "PSL" is there will be less hype when the "regular" PSL will be create. Since it was something happening once a year or maybe twice was really exciting and bring a lot of hype in the pvp community. Now PSL from private team follow each other and then people dont take this name seriously.

On 3/6/2022 at 6:44 AM, clayclover said:

PSL LAVA, PSL VGC, PSL PAST. So... what's the problem that LAB make his own PSL?

On 3/6/2022 at 8:45 AM, Imperial said:

Regarding 'PSL Lab', there was Lava PSL, Past PSL and Zero PSL which all followed the same format like this one will, which is basically a league (regular season and then play offs). It's a terminology competitive players here understand and the hosts are not claiming the level is high as the original PSL.

On 3/6/2022 at 10:34 AM, Artemis4 said:

I can understand your displeasure with the use of the term "PSL", however that term has been used several times by the community in the past (PSL Zero, PSL Pást, PSL Lava, etc), and I don't think there should be an exception for Lab when trying to make their own PSL format.

How Lava PSL, Lava League or whatever we want to call it can be compared to this ?

We are hosting a private competition that is purely reserved to lava members and is not public in any way.

What is reproached is the public use of the term "PSL", those arguments are therefor completely irrelevant, please leave us out of this.

1 hour ago, Sashaolin said:

How Lava PSL, Lava League or whatever we want to call it can be compared to this ?

We are hosting a private competition that is purely reserved to lava members and is not public in any way.

What is reproached is the public use of the term "PSL", those arguments are therefor completely irrelevant, please leave us out of this.

I guess you're right about Lava PSL being private, however the other two PSLs (Zero & Past) were public and had no complaints about the use of the term PSL. Anyway, I've removed the word "PSL Lava" from my comment, sorry for the inconvenience.

7 hours ago, Sashaolin said:

you still use the name tho 

12 hours ago, Sashaolin said:

I respect Completely your opinion about don't get involved into this, i deleted in my comment the Lava reference... So you mean people here are just mad about this event because we posted this at forum?

38 minutes ago, clayclover said:

I respect Completely your opinion about don't get involved into this, i deleted in my comment the Lava reference... So you mean people here are just mad about this event because we posted this at forum?

Not especially because of the forums but because the event is public and open to all, in a way it competes with the official PSL and could even replace it in the long term, who knows ?
I personally have no problem with this event or the name but who cares about my opinion, what I said was in the name of lava, nothing personal.

I wish good luck to everybody taking part in this event and especially to the hosts it's not an easy task.

24 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

the forums but because the event is public and open to all

the event is meant for team lab so they can develop their players (for example you need 2 lab players on the lineup) they invited guests to make it more hyped and fun for most of the spanish community

4 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

the event is meant for team lab so they can develop their players (for example you need 2 lab players on the lineup) they invited guests to make it more hyped and fun for most of the spanish community

and they couldn't think of another name?

Like they could literally just change the name right now to PokeMMO Labs and everyone would drop their complaints, the tournament would be completely unaffected and no one would be confused. 

Or LSL - lab super league

ESL - einstein super league

coming up with unique names isn't hard if you arent lazy

Edited by Gunthug
1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

and they couldn't think of another name?

Like they could literally just change the name right now to PokeMMO Labs and everyone would drop their complaints, the tournament would be completely unaffected and no one would be confused. 

Or LSL - lab super league

ESL - einstein super league

coming up with unique names isn't hard if you arent lazy

Bro pls, no one thinks this event can replace the official PSL or even decrease the hype for official PSL or WC or PSL Teams. What is the problem here?? Its just a name, just to "...Using the name PSL is just useful as a shortcut to everyone understanding what kind of event it is (no matter what kind of language they speak) thereby understanding the rules etc..." (Thanks Draekyn). 
I really cant understand why some players wont let others use a simple name to refer to an event format that most already know. Let them play, let them use the name they want, literally doesnt affect in nothing to anybody. Maybe u can go spectate some duels and have a nice time too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.