Pokémon Scarlet and Violet : How moveset update will affect PokéMMO

Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet will come this year (2022) for us. From what we've seen in the trailers, if you don't see, check official pokemon channel on youtube and watch him, pokemons from the old gens appear not to have been cut from the game, since they appeared in Trailers(We've seen Lucario, Pikachu, Magnemite and Seviper, looking only Gen 1-5 mons(If they bothered to put Seviper, who is not even remembered in story mode, do you think they would cut any pokemon like Garchomp or Hydreigon?) ). As usual, changes in pokemon movesets will occur, that we can be sure. But I want to know your opinion: Which pokémons will probablly have their movesets updated (You can even cite some possible changes) and how they could impact pokémmo (since the devs would probably update the sets), looking at both PvE and PvP.

Edited by caioxlive13

If Generation 8 missed out some Pokemon, then theyre possibly gonna cut out some in Generation 9. But I doubt they would keep out fan favourites and icons like Pikachu or Charizard tbh. 

Im assuming in terms of Pokemmo's moveset changes, if the move existed in Gen5 that couldnt be taught in previous gens, but can now it would probably just be added to the movepools 

18 hours ago, Elizn said:

Im assuming in terms of Pokemmo's moveset changes, if the move existed in Gen5 that couldnt be taught in previous gens, but can now it would probably just be added to the movepools 

Just like happen when Generation 8 Update sets. Thanks to him, now we have Shell Smash Blastoise.
This updates affects competitive play a lot. Some players with new Blastoise possible sets with shell smash, used it even in Over Used Tier(I see CuccoProductions using one). The point of this thread is check which possible changes can happen, and discuss if changes are LA changes(Irrelevant) or can impact too much competitive and PvE(Like Farming Gym Teams, more precautions in gyms, etc...)

Edited by caioxlive13
18 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

Well, until I have enough information about g9, this thread seems to be unnecessary.

This thread is more for opinion and who updates on sets we think that will happen. Futhermore, when Pokémon Scarlet and Violet being released, and we take notice of changes, we can discuss it.

4 hours ago, Hazekawa said:

Here we go again ?, so toxic

Toxic would be to come to the post with the sole purpose of insulting and denigrating the one who posted and those who commented here, I only gave my point of view saying that for the moment, it is unnecessary to discuss g9, learn to differentiate the terms friend :)

On 3/6/2022 at 6:39 PM, DiosSlurpuff said:

Toxic would be to come to the post with the sole purpose of insulting and denigrating the one who posted and those who commented here, I only gave my point of view saying that for the moment, it is unnecessary to discuss g9, learn to differentiate the terms friend ?

Like i sayed: Is a Opinion thread. Futhermore, when Scarlet and Violet being released, we can discuss about the changes. I was hopeful that Game Freak does a Rework on some eeveelutions stats, buffing him a little and become the mons that they make appear too much in Pokémon Anime 2019-22(Only in last 10 episodes, 3 eeveelutions Appeared. Flareon, Jolteon and Leafeon.), at least the rest that nobody cares about them, at least viable.

About possible changes, i wwish that they give to Garchomp, acess to some Physical move Fire-type.

Edited by caioxlive13
  • 3 months later...

Well, only LA and BDSP changes is enough to broke metagaming on Low tiers. 

Machamp - Banned to BL2
Several mons earned new moves. before, between Eeveelutions, only espeon can use calm mind, and now, all eeveelutions can use. This isn't the best example, but you probablly will have a idea from the new updates(Now Vaporeon Acid Armor & Calm Mind, even if you need to give up from 2 slots, now you can buff your both defenses to Maximum.)

We have to find out what pokemon will be available in the base SV game and then we can see. From what I can tell, some species that are returning are Seviper, the Magnemite line, The Chansey line, the Larvitar line, the Bagon (good) line, the Meowth line, the psyduck line, the hoppip line, the gastly line, Qwilfish (?), the wingull line, the Swablu line,  the mareep line, the dratini line (?), the combee line, the starly line, the Petillil line (and most likely Hisuian Lilligant which is not even available here),  Cryogonal, the Riolu line, the Drifloon line and finally, the Venonat line, which I mention Venonat last because it hasn't appear in a regional pokedex since Johto

• 5 months later...

All moves added(And if applicable, a Ability Shift):

Spoiler

Wigglytuff:
- Added Nasty Plot
-----
Dugtrio:
- Added Swords Dance
-----
Golduck:
- Added Nasty Plot
- Added Power Gem
-----
Primeape:
- Added Stealth Rock
-----
Muk:
- Added Drain Punch
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Gengar:
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Dragonite:
- Added Encore
-----
Sudowoodo:
- Added Spikes
-----
Quagsire:
- Added Stealth Rock
- Added Spikes
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Umbreon:
- Added Thunder Wave
-----
Tyranitar:
- Added Power Gem
-----
Gardevoir
- Added Aura Sphere
-----
Masquerain
- Added Hurricane
-----
Breloom
- Added Close Combat
- Added Gunk Shot
- Added Bulldoze
-----
Hariyama
- Added Drain Punch
-----
Sableye
- Added Giga Drain
- Added Reflect
- Added Light Screen
-----
Medicham
- Added Close Combat
-----
Swalot
- Added Swords Dance
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Torkoal
- Added Flare Blitz 
-----
Grumpig
- Added Nasty Plot 
- Added Earth Power
-----
Cacturne
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Zangooze
- Added Agility
-----
Whishcash
- Added Stealth Rock
- Added Spikes
-----
Banette
- Added Swords Dance
-----
Tropius
- Added U-Turn
- Added Hurricane
-----
Vespiqueen
- Added Spikes
-----
Gastrodon
- Added Spikes
- Added Stealth Rock
-----
Drifblim
- Added Air Slash
-----
Honckrow
- Added U-Turn
- Added Hurricane
-----
Skuntank
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Garchomp
- Added Spikes
- Added Thunder Fang
-----
Gallade
- Ability Added: Sharpness 
Effect: Slicing-moves have 1,5x power
- Added Agility
- Added Sacred Sword
-----
Samurott
- Added Drill Run
-----
Krokodile
- Added Gunk Shot
-----
Zoroark
- Added Crunch
-----
Sawsbuck
- Added Zen Headbutt
- Added Body Slam
-----
Eelektross
- Added Close Combat
-----
Haxorus
- Added Iron Head
-----
Beartic
- Added Close Combat
- Added Earthquake
-----
Hydreigon
- Added Stealth Rock

Picked all info from here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ox3SwLFTP0ZfOj-O-1ijn8Im8kU0QnjNyi3AJ6a5feM/htmlview?usp=drivesdk&pru=AAABhLY3QoY*VS9Zs3L_Wy0K-qHqAC6DfA#

2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

All moves added(And if applicable, a Ability Shift):

Hide contents

Wigglytuff:
- Added Nasty Plot
-----
Dugtrio:
- Added Swords Dance
-----
Golduck:
- Added Nasty Plot
- Added Power Gem
-----
Primeape:
- Added Stealth Rock
-----
Muk:
- Added Drain Punch
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Gengar:
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Dragonite:
- Added Encore
-----
Sudowoodo:
- Added Spikes
-----
Quagsire:
- Added Stealth Rock
- Added Spikes
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Umbreon:
- Added Thunder Wave
-----
Tyranitar:
- Added Power Gem
-----
Gardevoir
- Added Aura Sphere
-----
Masquerain
- Added Hurricane
-----
Breloom
- Added Close Combat
- Added Gunk Shot
- Added Bulldoze
-----
Hariyama
- Added Drain Punch
-----
Sableye
- Added Giga Drain
- Added Reflect
- Added Light Screen
-----
Medicham
- Added Close Combat
-----
Swalot
- Added Swords Dance
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Torkoal
- Added Flare Blitz 
-----
Grumpig
- Added Nasty Plot 
- Added Earth Power
-----
Cacturne
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Zangooze
- Added Agility
-----
Whishcash
- Added Stealth Rock
- Added Spikes
-----
Banette
- Added Swords Dance
-----
Tropius
- Added U-Turn
- Added Hurricane
-----
Vespiqueen
- Added Spikes
-----
Gastrodon
- Added Spikes
- Added Stealth Rock
-----
Drifblim
- Added Air Slash
-----
Honckrow
- Added U-Turn
- Added Hurricane
-----
Skuntank
- Added Toxic Spikes
-----
Garchomp
- Added Spikes
- Added Thunder Fang
-----
Gallade
- Ability Added: Sharpness 
Effect: Slicing-moves have 1,5x power
- Added Agility
- Added Sacred Sword
-----
Samurott
- Added Drill Run
-----
Krokodile
- Added Gunk Shot
-----
Zoroark
- Added Crunch
-----
Sawsbuck
- Added Zen Headbutt
- Added Body Slam
-----
Eelektross
- Added Close Combat
-----
Haxorus
- Added Iron Head
-----
Beartic
- Added Close Combat
- Added Earthquake
-----
Hydreigon
- Added Stealth Rock

Picked all info from here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ox3SwLFTP0ZfOj-O-1ijn8Im8kU0QnjNyi3AJ6a5feM/htmlview?usp=drivesdk&pru=AAABhLY3QoY*VS9Zs3L_Wy0K-qHqAC6DfA#

Skuntank also got gunk shot. From a lower tier perspective I can see Honchkrow being even better than it already is with a pivot move now ( might go to UU? ). Sableye on the other hand has a chance of going to UU from usage but also it can now guarantee setting up screens. Electrode was kept out of NU for the same reason so not moving it up would be going against previous statements. 

1 hour ago, epicdavenport said:

Sableye on the other hand has a chance of going to UU from usage but also it can now guarantee setting up screens. Electrode was kept out of NU for the same reason so not moving it up would be going against previous statements. 

sure, however i'm pretty cautelous. When it gets released, it's already banned from Untiered. Sure that devs will found a excuse to allow Sableye with it on NU.

Edited by caioxlive13

Forgot to mention. On MMO, Gallade's possible new ability will buff this moves:
Cut / Razor Leaf / Slash / Fury Cutter / Air Cutter / Aerial Ace / Leaf Blade / Night Slash / Air Slash / X-Scissor / Psycho Cut / Cross Poison / Sacred Sword / Razor Shell
The ones that Gallade can have will be boosted.

7 hours ago, Raichuforyou said:

Why did they give Pokemon even more entry hazards? I think some of these moveset changes would be negative to bring into MMO.

13 of them gained Hazards, counting TSpikes, Spikes and rocks. For NU, most negative impact will be on Sableye. Unlike Electrode, he can't provide a safe switch to allies. But he can set both screens with priority and he are Dark-type, meaning that he cannot be hit by Whimsicott's Prankster-Boosted Taunt. Also, he are Ghost-type, and if i record correctly, only priority that can hit it is Bullet Punch.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, gitargy said:

Does anyone know if we will get updated hail (snow)?

It seems like a slight buff but I don't think it will change the viability of hail, unless Aurora veil is added to PokeMMO at some point.

Don't think we have any news on that. Guess we'll have to wait and see