trading a whole box of pokemon

onewatermaster

Question

It has been hard for a lot of people to trade a whole box of pokemon to another person, They can only trade 5 at a time so I wonder if we could trade boxes of pokemon? So how it would work is when you trade with someone you can trade a box of pokemon selected in your pc but the other trainer must have a empty box to accept the trade. 

10 answers to this question

It sounds like a good idea but it isn't for plenty of reasons. Direct trade between players was made so everyone can see what they are trading for. I don't see any way to implement info of 60 pokemon in the trade UI whether on PC or phone. It is important because otherwise staff will have to deal with more scam reports and have to judge with new rules since the premises of trade will be different (one party not being able to see what they receive). 

It doesn't take that long though, unless you're the same player with two accounts which is annoying. 

It would be fun if, like old school MMOs, you could "open shop" and have a fictional PC box only made for trade that other player can have access to. Since we already have GTL, it could only be an option for direct trading, but I can see something like you link with a player, they have access and can see your "trade box" and both parties agree to whatever trade within it. It wouldn't be a box where you store stuff but contain them just like battle boxes. And you would always have final confirmation just like normal trade. 

I think this would be amazing. It would allow large volumes to be traded between characters, and any mass breeding experiments. I regularly see dragon breeders, field breeders, etc. being traded and sold. It's somewhat tiring to have to do repeated trades of 5 pokemon. It would also avoid the whole discussion of "Do you want to pay for every 5 pokemon, before, or after" when trading a whole box. This wouldn't impact breeding times necessarily, but rather save personal time with the trading process

On 2/26/2022 at 7:18 AM, bigbrainpokemonfan said:

tbh I think it is a great idea but honestly I think you need to give out more reasons about why they should add this, its only a good thing for ditto box traders but is there any other thing it could be used for?

Now that the OT* thing is obsolete (as long as you have the Pokemon you're breeding in your OT Dex), I think trading entire boxes of starters, for example, would be cool, and easier. A whole new business!

Tbh, I still can only see this as a good thing. People that enter the box business don't stay very long and it's become somewhat difficult from what i've seen to find people who capture boxes for sale. there is the time component, yes, but the second big factors is having to trade 5 pokemon at a time and discuss with each new person how they want to trade the pokeyen. This change -> box business increases -> box buyers happy

I vote yes.

Differently, add a Ditto clickable button over PC box that activate a analysis of all Pokemon of the viewing box clicking that will be submitted to a analysis of quality, if all Pokemon are dittos and have similar quality, and then when successful allow press a button to transfer this box for a username and soliciting money on the request. The PC can charge a small amount of coin for the procedure.