Make a prize for completing pokedex?

Plbbrt

Question

Make a prize for completing pokedex? something like a unique cosmetic or unique particles or lots of pokedollars (or private access to johto xD)...? 

- It would motivate more people to catch all pokemon and thereby create more stuffs to do other than shunt and PvP and all..

- It doesn't seem to hard to implement too.. (I guess idk)

- It goes with the pokemon spirit of 'gotta catch 'em all'

- It would be really cool

15 answers to this question

Hello PIbbrt, good afternoon!

I want to clarify that the following will only be my opinion.

Well, it sounds like a nice idea to get something in return for the pokedex, but I don't feel like it's necessary.

That is, originally, the pokedex is filled by the motivation given by the slogan "Catch them all", here and in any game.

Actually, filling in the Pokedex data has several positive points, some of which are: 1. For the PvP section it is very convenient to have the data and be able to inform you about the skills, statistics and movements that a rival may have.

2. For the PvE we can find locations, times and meeting methods that facilitate our search.

3. To register ways how the variants of Rotom, Unown, among others, is done by unlocking some extra things in the game.

As I said before, those are just a few, I know there are more benefits. You should keep in mind that filling the pokedex is not a mandatory task, it is something you do for fun and that gives many benefits to your character.

Therefore, I do not consider that it is not necessary to give something, money or some additional incentive for completing the pokedex, because the information it gives is a prize.

Thank you for your attention and nice day.

I caught 500+ OT Pokemon (Pokedex is done from Bulbasaur to Piplup, excluding Legendaries) before realising there is no reward to doing it, other than just going into Prof. Oak's good book.

Something as a reward for completing it would be great, as it would incentivise completing it, and maybe turn heads to complete it?

Having something that really does take a lot of your time up like that and not having a reward to complete it is a little disheartening. 

16 hours ago, jasean said:

An untradable shiny charm would be nice ?

Nah, I don't see that happening. They wouldn't give us something that can break the shiny economy. I think the best we could get is an untradable cosmetic. So hear me out, what about a shiny charm cosmetic? (It wouldn't have any effect, obviously) 

unknown-36.png

Edited by Spoolofwool

I am all for this, but at the same time, completing the pokedex is a little bit of a shaky concept in PokeMMO. There are some pokemon you can't catch that you normally could in the original games. Additionally, Johto and dungeons have yet to be implemented which could add more to the pokedex. Following that vein of thought, how can you ever say you completed the pokedex in PokeMMO terms? 

Most people consider catching all accessible pokemon completing the full dex in pokemmo. Even doc oak in pokemmo considers catching all accessible (as shown by his dialogue when you speak to him after catching all accessible pokes) so it stands to reason that catching all catchable pokes is actually completing the dex in pokemmo.

9 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

Most people consider catching all accessible pokemon completing the full dex in pokemmo. Even doc oak in pokemmo considers catching all accessible (as shown by his dialogue when you speak to him after catching all accessible pokes) so it stands to reason that catching all catchable pokes is actually completing the dex in pokemmo.

But what would happen when more pokemon, including dungeons, are added and some players who completed the pokedex now don't complete it after that update? I do wish we had rewards, but I can't imagine it would be something big because of that small factor.

9 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

I might be wrong on this, but Pokedex completion even on console games excluded legendaries and mythicals, As long as you had everything else, you was okay

Aren't they the only things missing from PokeMMO anyway? 

It won't be a total 100% completion if we cannot access legendaries and mythicals, but it was good enough to be complete in the consoles.

On 3/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, Elizn said:

I might be wrong on this, but Pokedex completion even on console games excluded legendaries and mythicals, As long as you had everything else, you was okay

Aren't they the only things missing from PokeMMO anyway? 

It won't be a total 100% completion if we cannot access legendaries and mythicals, but it was good enough to be complete in the consoles.

That's interesting, I didn't know that. I never completed the pokedex in the cartridge games. If that's the case, I definitely don't see any future issues. I doubt any new non-legendaries will be added in the foreseeable future. 

On 2/19/2022 at 10:03 PM, Eduuuuwu said:

That is, originally, the pokedex is filled by the motivation given by the slogan "Catch them all", here and in any game.

The difference is in other games, u can get a printable diploma or certificate showing that you have caught em all.. In this game, a nice substitute would be a really cool cosmetic.. which is why i asked..

1. For the PvP section it is very convenient to have the data and be able to inform you about the skills, statistics and movements that a rival may hav

Yes, it is convenient.. but its kinda easy to just google it at that moment too. So i dont feel like its much of a reward..

2. For the PvE we can find locations, times and meeting methods that facilitate our search.

Yeah, thats kinda nice too.. but its not too hard to just ask someone on global for locations or even ask ur team members.. so again, I dont feel like its much of a reward..

3. To register ways how the variants of Rotom, Unown, among others, is done by unlocking some extra things in the game.

I'm not sure if I understood this point.. are you saying that the pokedex helps in catching other forms of rotom? I've never caught a rotom.. so.. can you elaborate?

Overall, I just wanna say that these rewards arent a good enough motivation for the huuuge task of catching em all imo.. also sorry for the laaate reply..