Giving rewards to matchmaking tops 100 and ahead each season.

Shadow

Question

Basiclly, adding a sort of reward to the people placed in top 100 ahead, apart of the top 3 crowns. Also, this may be according to how played is that tier (Ex: in matchmaking, OU is largely more played than UU/NU/DB) so rewards (could be cash, any common vanity or even any pokemon) are adapted to each tier and its popularity among Matchmaking players. This may lightly increase the competitivity and a sort of value for reaching top 100 in the leaderboards, as well as the number of matches/players in less common tiers so they wouldn't be like they're right now, mainly due to the RD addition.

7 answers to this question

On 2/7/2022 at 6:30 PM, xJoseee said:

Basiclly, adding a sort of reward to the people placed in top 100 ahead, apart of the top 3 crowns. Also, this may be according to how played is that tier (Ex: in matchmaking, OU is largely more played than UU/NU/DB) so rewards (could be cash, any common vanity or even any pokemon) are adapted to each tier and its popularity among Matchmaking players. This may lightly increase the competitivity and a sort of value for reaching top 100 in the leaderboards, as well as the number of matches/players in less common tiers so they wouldn't be like they're right now, mainly due to the RD addition.

This can be a great idea. If devs are planning on implement this, can use the number of matches played during a season to determine popularity of tiers, and base the next season rewards to players. Like making a Rank of tiers and the most popular will give more rewards, and less popular will give less rewards, remembering to put Randoms on last spot of this rank, to make your rewards the lowest possible, because if randoms have great rewards, will definitively kill Doubles, and UU/NU is next.

Edited by caioxlive13

I agree, in addition to the nice elite ribbon, there should be an extra incentive.

I am not saying that the 3 crowns are not good, but usually for each season one for each tier 2 or up to 3 different teams, which means that you have invested some time getting coins, breeding, training and analyzing plays to stand out among the 100 top.

The battles between players is a fundamental pillar in the game. Every additional motivation always comes in handy.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:00 PM, caioxlive13 said:

Like making a Rank of tiers and the most popular will give more rewards, and less popular will give less reward

What you propose is very good, adding ranks to distribute rewards for popularity seems great to me... What does not convince me much is the "more popularity = greater reward"

I think it would be better to give better rewards the lower popularity (Except AL) to boost the lower tiers and find duel more easily.

3 minutes ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

What you propose is very good, adding ranks to distribute rewards for popularity seems great to me... What does not convince me much is the "more popularity = greater reward"

I think it would be better to give better rewards the lower popularity (Except AL) to boost the lower tiers and find duel more easily.

You're correct. In fact, they can increase rewards from low tiers to players go in and try to earn it. In first months, players veterans will earn all and can leave others win reward for next season

As for what I collect xJoseee is just great, with this it would be worth being in the top 100, currently the only incentive is the 3 crowns and an entry to the season tournament.

With this it would be worth playing those of us who do not have enough time to try to finish in the top 3 or more and beat some who play 2k duels per season

3 minutes ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

As for what I collect xJoseee is just great, with this it would be worth being in the top 100, currently the only incentive is the 3 crowns and an entry to the season tournament.

With this it would be worth playing those of us who do not have enough time to try to finish in the top 3 or more and beat some who play 2k duels per season

I suggest here, something to Top Ranks get more rewards. They receive a Higher Reward when face top ranks, and a Balancing system to him face Top Ranks easier.
Rewards better when you're high elo, to players try to climb elo the much as they can. With suggestions here, more reasons to Top Ranks defend their elos.

Edited by caioxlive13
2 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I suggest here, something to Top Ranks get more rewards. They receive a Higher Reward when face top ranks, and a Balancing system to him face Top Ranks easier.
Rewards better when you're high elo, to players try to climb elo the much as they can. With suggestions here, more reasons to Top Ranks defend their elos.

I happened to be reading that thread at the moment.