February 2022-Movement Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Accupressure should be banned though as it raises evasion and this breaks our current evasion clause. Discussion on its viability is not necessary, as it simply just breaks the rules.

"Moves which raise evasion will have no effect."

Why not make Acupressure in PvP don't raise Evasion?

Accupressure has a chance of raising:

• Evasion
  • Accuracy
  • Attack
  • Defense
  • SpAtk
  • SpDef
  • Speed

If accupressure no longer has a chance of raising evasion, please make sure that doesn't mean increasing the chance of raising another stat. For instance, a 1/6 chance of raising Speed is quite different from a 1/7 chance of raising Speed. 

I'm not implying Accupressure would be broken, just that it would be quite stupid for an accupressure nerf becomes a buff in other regards.

Edited by gbwead
6 minutes ago, danhred said:

They can do just the same thing that happens when you try to sleep a second Pokémon in PvP.
Canceling the evasion stat rise but still having the probability of activating

Ya that's what I was thinking tbh.

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

• Evasion
  • Accuracy
  • Attack
  • Defense
  • SpAtk
  • SpDef
  • Speed

If accupressure no longer has a chance of raising evasion, please make sure that doesn't mean increasing the chance of raising another stat. For instance, a 1/6 chance of raising Speed is quite different from a 1/7 chance of raising Speed. 

I'm not implying Accupressure would be broken, just that it would be quite stupid for an accupressure nerf becomes a buff in other regards.

I only was think something: Why wait KDgogogo and their Hax team makes a Acceptable sucess to start discuss about Acupressure? Why not ask during period that Devs make 3 Nerfs on a row(Wobbufet's Shadow Tag, Garchomp without Swords Dance and Hydreigon without Draco Meteor), when chance of devs check and avaliate him is higher?

Edited by caioxlive13
2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

I only was think something: Why wait KDgogogo and their Hax team makes a Acceptable sucess to start discuss about Acupressure? Why not ask during period that Devs make 3 Nerfs on a row(Wobbufet's Shadow Tag, Garchomp without Swords Dance and Hydreigon without Draco Meteor), when chance of devs check and avaliate him is higher?

Idk why you are asking me this. I have nothing to do with this. I don't care about accupressure or KDgogogo whatsoever.

13 hours ago, gbwead said:

• Evasion
  • Accuracy
  • Attack
  • Defense
  • SpAtk
  • SpDef
  • Speed

How about we suggest that 1/7 chance of raising evasion become 1/7 chance of raising nothing? 

33 minutes ago, Munya said:

This is not a reason to not deal with a problem if it is a problem.

That's True, only saying that even problematic to Under Used, he will be forgotten complety on Metagaming if becomes BL1. However, now that Dugtrio regain your 100 Base Atk, their Set Sash + Reversal can be a excelent check to Lucario, because assuming that Lucario doesn't have Focus Sash, or have any hazard on your field, Dugtrio can OHKO Lucario Easily. Switch-in can be a risk if lucario doesn't Buff itself on first turn that he are in field, and instead use E-speed. So, maybe can be reconsidered the Suspect Test for Lucario on UU, assuming that TC doesn't ban Dugtrio for now.

Edited by caioxlive13
1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

Bring dugtrio to OU, will transform it on 2nd Lucario. a Mon useless on OU and too broken for UU, a BL1

I don't know what world you live in, but dugtrio will never be a useless monster as long as he has arena trap, currently in OU he eliminates many things, such as magnezone, breloom, tyranitar, volcarona, etc and in any case, even if he was useless, that has nothing to do with it with stay or remove from UU

9 minutes ago, Huargensy said:

I don't know what world you live in, but dugtrio will never be a useless monster as long as he has arena trap, currently in OU he eliminates many things, such as magnezone, breloom, tyranitar, volcarona, etc and in any case, even if he was useless, that has nothing to do with it with stay or remove from UU

I'm saying that dugtrio, will not have chance on OU , because nobody will use it, exactly like lucario. Only doesn't fall to UU because they're BL1. If don't agree with me, check usage. He now, doesnt have even the usage enough to go up to OU. Releving OU's Metagaming, is very hard build a team that he will work, isn't like Garchomp that appear in any type of team.

Edited by caioxlive13
15 minutes ago, Munya said:

It was on 1842 teams this month in OU and we are 4 days in, that is hardly an insignificant number.

Some months, he are 4%-5% , to OU this is very low.

And, 1842 Teams is Irrelevant to OU, this is literally in end of month, the number of mons with 1% usage or less,because in OU are used 15000-25000 teams in this period.. To UU, is 25% of teams of a month.

Edited by caioxlive13

Is it so difficult to do good analysis on the metagame? How can TC allow PZ and Dugtrio in Under Used and BAN PORYGON2???
Well, Porygon2 can take super effective attacks, has very good volume, and with the Download ability it can hit offensive teams very easily, but if PZ and Dugtrio don't deserve a ban from UU, I don't understand why P2 deserves it, of course, let more useless people win tournaments just because PZ + Dugtrio's offense can kill almost everything UU.
At least ban one of the 2, dammit. I don't think need to explain all the disasters that Dugtrio + PZ make since by now you should know very well, well, if the TC allowed conkel for so long, I think I shouldn't wait too long of TC in this case.
Pd: At least know the difference between a Defensive Uber and a poke that balances the metagame very well against pokes that are broken.

Edited by GasaiYunoSan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.