Return of LC in official tournaments and Matckmaking

DiosSlurpuff

Question

Well, this has already been requested several times by the LC player base and all requests were ignored, so I don't have high expectations for this post.

I see the return of LC as an official tier as necessary, even more so after seeing the resolution regarding the lack of LC in the Cup of the Year in which they implemented 2 dubs matches.

I see the return of this format officially as important, both in tournaments, TT and even adding a classification system as with the other tiers to push the format a little more.

it seems like a joke that it has been decided to eliminate the tier for having ''a base small number of players'' but that at the same time have implemented random battles that make it even more difficult to find UU, NU and Doubles duels.

The removal of LC was for a completely ridiculous reason, and I think I can speak for everyone who still plays it when I say we want this tier back.

21 minutes ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

it seems like a joke that it has been decided to eliminate the tier for having ''a base small number of players'' but that at the same time have implemented random battles that make it even more difficult to find UU, NU and Doubles duels.

If UU and NU ends up too unpopular because of randoms, then just sack them too!

clearly it's the better mode if everyone's playing it.

LC = Mienfoo, Bronzor, Porygon spam

I personally don't want the tier to become an official again (it won't as staff have confirmed it's not coming back), but I also acknowledge a large amount of the PvP community really like the tier and recent community events have been pretty successful.

I'd rather staff improve NU, UU and Doubles which so far they're doing overall with the buffs to shiny prizes.

Edited by Imperial

Unfortanely, LC will not Return(So LC Club will stay here banning all ways that exist to counter walls in tier xD ruling the tier.), unless staff aprove the Seasonal Path and Missions, in this case, LC can return with some missions(That can Gave BP instead of MM Points since LC probablly will not be in Matchmaking, so Missions will be related to their tournaments) to Make players less likely to play Randoms and return to other tiers.

It is not coming back officially from devs and as one of people that would want most this tier to return, I understand the decision and don't find the reasons "stupid" : it was not much played, it needs different specs, I can imagine very well the devs finding it easier to remove it than doing too much work for the appreciation of few. It is logical from their point of view. 

However and given recent events of staff (not devs) achieving better communication with the PvP community, I wanted to ask if it would be possible for LC official tournaments to happen in the future, they would be not automated but instead held in a TT way, or more recently, in an official Metronome tournament. If staff can in fact hold tournaments of something that isn't a tier, there are no reasons a LC tournament can't happen the same way. 

I am pretty sure a lot of the community would appreciate these tournaments, it is not very difficult to host or manage, it doesn't require anything. The playerbase is here and it WILL have success. Would a thing be possible ? 

@MPDH @Bearminator @Rache

6 hours ago, Poufilou said:

However and given recent events of staff (not devs) achieving better communication with the PvP community, I wanted to ask if it would be possible for LC official tournaments to happen in the future, they would be not automated but instead held in a TT way, or more recently, in an official Metronome tournament. If staff can in fact hold tournaments of something that isn't a tier, there are no reasons a LC tournament can't happen the same way. 

I don't see way to host pvp for LC when its not official tier. Doing so gives player information that the tier will be used in official way, despite receiving no support. 
Doing it in non-automate way makes no difference really. 

Metronome is low cost entry and any player can quickly and cheaply prepare even basic 3 pokemons for the tournament, while LC requires more.

27 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

I don't see way to host pvp for LC when its not official tier. Doing so gives player information that the tier will be used in official way, despite receiving no support. 

Metronome is low cost entry and any player can quickly and cheaply prepare even basic 3 pokemons for the tournament, while LC requires more.

In fact, many people want LC to return, but they are not those glittering players

In fact, they can't speak English:) me too(bushi)

13 hours ago, Poufilou said:

It is not coming back officially from devs and as one of people that would want most this tier to return, I understand the decision and don't find the reasons "stupid" : it was not much played, it needs different specs, I can imagine very well the devs finding it easier to remove it than doing too much work for the appreciation of few. It is logical from their point of view. 

I am pretty sure a lot of the community would appreciate these tournaments, it is not very difficult to host or manage, it doesn't require anything. The playerbase is here and it WILL have success. Would a thing be possible ? 

@MPDH @Bearminator @Rache

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you about the reasons it was deleted. They are 'stupid'. They killed LC themselves by REFUSING to add matchmaking, despite adding doubles which had about the same, if not less, of a playerbase. They said LC tours never filled, which may be true but a lot of the tours I've looked at recently haven't been full.

The NU CC yesterday (Community Combat NU #278) had 64 seats and only 39 were filled.

Is NU going to be removed?

Community Combat NU #277, 34 seats and only 22 were filled.

Community Combat Doubles #276 64 seats and only 33 filled.

Community Combat UU #278 32 seats, 28 filled.

These tournaments aren't being filled, but will those tiers (ok ok, 'format' for doubles) ever be removed? No, probably not.

5 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you about the reasons it was deleted. They are 'stupid'. They killed LC themselves by REFUSING to add matchmaking, despite adding doubles which had about the same, if not less, of a playerbase. They said LC tours never filled, which may be true but a lot of the tours I've looked at recently haven't been full.

The NU CC yesterday (Community Combat NU #278) had 64 seats and only 39 were filled.

These tournaments aren't being filled, but will those tiers (ok ok, 'format' for doubles) ever be removed? No, probably not.

I don't think matchmaking would help a single bit if I am to be fully honest. You can even see how lower tiers are rn, imagine a format with even less activity. Removing them imo was the wrong move as it still catered to some, even if not a large portion of the population, it still was played, but from a matchmaking PoV, I don't think I could find a reason to justify the integration of LC. And yeah, although I'm really inactive rn, most of the complains I hear are people regarding lower tiers being even more dead since the introduction of randoms, which I guess then will also reflect on tournaments (but CC are bad examples since they offer virtually no value for the effort they take).

7 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Okay. This is sad to hear. The main difference with automated/non-automated was trying to bypass devs implication and the "we don't want to spend time on it" reason. Truth is, even if they don't, there are still ways to maintain it with minimum effort. 

54 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

They killed LC themselves by REFUSING to add matchmaking, despite adding doubles which had about the same, if not less, of a playerbase. They said LC tours never filled, which may be true but a lot of the tours I've looked at recently haven't been full.

If LC wasn't removed we probably wouldn't have what we have in matchmaking right now. Even if they are shitty in other tiers, I can't see LC matchmaking having a bi-weekly 2x31 4x25 mon that could be even more trash at level 5. I remember when I started the tier it took me a lot of time to understand the specifics of fighting at level 5, both for breeding my mons and EV training them. This information was also hard to find and I couldn't find all of it in the forum, which is frequented already by a low playerbase. I remember the tournament sign-up for LC tournament kept showing my mons needed to be lvl 50 even though they didn't. If it was official heck we would probably struggle with devs and Munya and whatever crappy council decision for Arena Trap to be banned. The reason they didn't add matchmaking were legit, even though I don't like it and would have preferred they did some effort. Ultimately they did good job with the new matchmaking and let's be honest, if they added LC at that moment, it would have probably suffered the state of UU at this moment from the very start. It's easy for any player to get into Doubles, it is not to get into LC. 

That being said, I hope that one day in the future, when devs will give up more on UU/NU, staff will be here to support it in another ways. Collaboration between the community and staff could work out very well to host original tournaments/events. Since only shiny prizes are really interesting in the automated ones, why not mix it up with what the community has to offer ? 

1 hour ago, hannahtaylor said:

I'm sorry but you can't use Community Combats as a justification despite the lower tiers being far less popular:

• Usually these are at timezones when Europeans are working or other people are sleeping
  • The prizes are not worth it (maybe nice for those who want a little extra cash)
  • You don't get into the Hall Of Fame

The main tours usually get filled most of the time, with doubles possibly being the exception.

Edit: I realise that not all places were filled in the Shiny Slowking tournament this morning, but again it's at a timezone when most players are sleeping/working/busy.

Based on Pouf's recent event and the LCPSL, I don't see why players can't create more tournaments like these as although it uses a lot of resources, have proven to be more attractive and popular compared to if it were an official tournament.

I think LC is an interesting tier, but should be kept to being more community focused.

Edited by Imperial
18 hours ago, Imperial said:

LC = Mienfoo, Bronzor, Porygon spam

I personally don't want the tier to become an official again (it won't as staff have confirmed it's not coming back), but I also acknowledge a large amount of the PvP community really like the tier and recent community events have been pretty successful.

I'd rather staff improve NU, UU and Doubles which so far they're doing overall with the buffs to shiny prizes.

If you think LC = mienfoo bronzor porygon, I suggest you play PS, which is not as few as MMO

By the way OU=Garchomp Scizor Conkeldurr    hhhh spam

4 hours ago, Poufilou said:

can't remove this quote fhdhsgd

6 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

big fax but lc without h.a still bad so devs just saved us from having a terrible format 

Edited by Quinn010
17 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Bear, the point is: Some TT, and the Year Cup, at least can have LC on tier rotation. He was removed during 2021, so it's fair to stay until Year Cup 2021, however remove him after Year Cup 2021, that not happened. Players that prepare itself from cup since start of year(expecting that LC will are on Tier Rotation) losed money for nothing

And why not return LC, however only in Tournament(Exactly how are before), since Randoms will not host any tournament for now? Can occur in less frequency or with 32 Spots, however can be maded. Or , host Monotype/Metronome Tours in a Automated Way.

And about requirments to enter in Competitive, except for randoms when you need to only beat four Gyms and can play without any trouble, All tiers have a HUGE entering barrier. If nothing be maked to reduce the entering barrier, UU/NU will end of the same way that you've say that LC ended, and the Doubles are.  
If problem to LC is your rules and banlist, leave LC Club with the responsability of this, and copy their LC Rules.

Edited by caioxlive13
36 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Bear, the point is: Some TT, and the Year Cup, at least can have LC on tier rotation. He was removed during 2021, so it's fair to stay until Year Cup 2021, however remove him after Year Cup 2021, that not happened. Players that prepare itself from cup since start of year(expecting that LC will are on Tier Rotation) losed money for nothing

Adding LC to TT rooster makes it a tier- TT uses all tiers officially supported by PokeMMO, used in official tournaments.
Forcing teams to run LC players just for the sake of TT would hurt some teams and reduce their changes for some months.

In short, as long as LC is not an officially supported tier, (and I don't see any indication that it comes back)  it will not come to the TT.