[Metronome] The Cutest Pie (Sunday, 30th January)

MPDH

1641918949-togepi.png

Details
32 Players 
Unlimited Reserves
3v3 Metronome Tournament
Level 50

Date and Time
Sunday, 30th January

2PM UTC | 9AM ET | 11AM BRT | 3PM CET |  Time Zone Converter

Clauses
Self KO, Evasion, Sleep, OHKO, Unique species

Registration

• Registration will take place 30 minutes prior to the event start
  • To register, post your In Game name in comment of this thread 
  • Edited posts will NOT count as a valid registration. If you have misspelt your IGN, edit your first comment to cross or erase the name then post a new comment
  • Registration is based on forums time and will be first come, first served
  • You can only register yourself

Rules

• The only held item allowed for this tournament are Leppa Berries. All Pokemon should come into battle hold a Leppa Berry in case it runs out of Metronome PP. 
  • Only the use of Metronome is allowed. If you use a move that is not Metronome you will be disqualified.
  • Your pokemon can have ONLY metronome as an attack.
  • Once your pokemon is in battle it stays in battle, unless forced with a move. Switching is not allowed and will result in disqualification.
  • Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ.
  • Do not block your opponents, or the Staff running the Event. If there is evidence of this and disregarding staff requesting you to unblock said individuals you will be DQ'd.
  • Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table wherever you're called. No time extensions will be given.
  • Final and Semi final will have Best of 3 format
  • You must send the duel requests following the example below
Spoiler

1641919895-metro.png

Allowed pokemon

The following Pokémons

Spoiler

Clefairy
Abra
Mankey
Machop
Geodude
Drowzee
Cleffa
Togepi
Smoochum
Aipom
Snubbull
Teddiursa
Plusle
Minun
Spinda
Volbeat 
Illumise
Makuhita
Meditite

Munchlax

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place Prize 415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png

Togepi  sprite from Home

GIFT Togepi

Your choice of nature, 4 moves, with IVs 6 selectable IVs

&

750  Reward Points

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png 2nd Place Prize 9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png

500 Reward Points

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png 3rd Place Prize d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png

250 Reward Points

Host : MPDH and Bearminator

Refs : Cosmooth, xJoseee, DeusBruno

3 hours ago, MPDH said:

Of course, you can prepare the team like any competitive team

However, you don't know which moves metronome will call. You can explode yourself, use Iron Defense, Special Atks, Only Status moves... So... Really don't compensate train other EV, except Speed and HP. Other Question: Togetic(Evolution of Togepi) is allowed?

3 hours ago, clayclover said:

what if the opponent uses Taunt, imprison or torment? (can't use metronome) should we use struggle or in this case switching is allowed?

Switching is not allowed if not forced by a move, and as the pokemon should only have the attack metronome, they will have to struggle.

21 hours ago, MPDH said:

Allowed pokemon

LC Pokemons that can learn Metronome

You should change that to something else since some pokemon in the list aren't LC and that could lead to confusion. 

Edited by Poufilou
1 hour ago, DarylDixon said:

so if taunt or imprision , they will forced to struggle , and not to rematch? incase we remain like 1v1 or?

There is low chances that it may happen, but if it does we will probably see what we can do on the moment. If the match just started, we can call a rematch, if it's the last pokemon of the 'taunted" player with very low HP, I don't think there will be a rematch for example. 

The community has been holding Metronome tournaments for a while now and stated several rules to prevent any kind of disfunctionement. We played enough of these to know that a comeback can always happen. I'm a bit concerned with the Struggle situation by your rules. It may be best to think of it beforehand. Just as a heads-up, this is a copy paste of Metronome rules from Einstein's tournaments. 

"From now on, each togepi is required to be pp maxed. No items will be allowed. Whether the togepi's can be trained or untrained is up to the host. If the togepis have to be untrained, both players must link their togepis to each other. If you don't know how to link pokemon during a battle, see the screen below. If your opponent fails to link their togepi by the end of the match, they are dq'd.

Moves that disable metronome (taunt/disable/encore/etc) will result in an auto restart, regardless of who's winning From now on, even in a triple battle, your togepi must use metronome only. If you shift your togepi you are dq'd. If you run out of metronome pp, you can use struggle (for example, if an opponent uses spite and you lose all your pp, you can use struggle). This is the only instance where you can use a move that is not metronome.

Also, if perish song is used, the winner will be whoever the system message says. Perish song will faint pokemon in the order that they would normally move in, so maybe some incentive to not be max speed."

All the issues that can happen in hosting such a tournament are adressed here in some manner and while I don't expect official to adress to them in the same way, at least you are aware of them and can have some inspiration. 

Regarding the allowed pokemons, it is interesting to allow so many of them, they have different base stats, potential STABs, and abilities in such a way where the battle will never be "equal" meaning two pokemon facing the same chances in a RNG battle. I think it will be a bit messy for that reason, some abilities are way too strong compared to others (Magic Guard, Synchronize, Intimidate, Pure Power... and more) and influence the RNG fun. 

It would be interesting to have a reduced pool next time, maybe not always the same pokemon and it could be themed, but I don't think it will be the same fun if a player has more advantage than the other. 

7 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

From now on, each togepi is required to be pp maxed. No items will be allowed.

As an official tournament, we can't ask for players to pp max their Pokemons as it it expensive and we don't have anyway to check it all team will be pp maxed, as it would too complicated and messy for the refs. That's also why we allow leppas. We also can't DQ people just for not linking their pokemon.

Concerning the move pool, this the the same move pool that the previous official metronome tournament used. As it's mostyl for fun I don't think that players will use big strats like in automated tournaments, but if this becomes problematic, we will adjust at the next Metronome. And to be honnest, as it is not an official tier, I don't think this is a very important matter as players will come for the fun and funnny RNG first. 

And as I said, for special moves like taunt we will advise case by case.

12 minutes ago, MPDH said:

As it's mostyl for fun I don't think that players will use big strats like in automated tournaments

That is a bit naive imo but why not ahah. It doesn't take much to realize the flaws is the issue. In your scenario, it is possible that a player can lose without even having the possibility to use the move Metronome more than once per pokemon (opponent having Cute Charm and you having opposite gender mons). 

Adressing the issues beforehand is mostly reassuring, even if the whole thing is for fun, there will always be players feeling robbed if an unexpected thing happen to take the fun away. Maybe I'm paranoid but I've hosted many events to know that stuff like that should be taken a bit seriously. If you can handle it on the spot, then none of this is a problem, let's just hope for everything to go well. 

7 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

That is a bit naive imo but why not ahah. It doesn't take much to realize the flaws is the issue. In your scenario, it is possible that a player can lose without even having the possibility to use the move Metronome more than once per pokemon (opponent having Cute Charm and you having opposite gender mons). 

Is this happen, we will see what can be done on the moment, like for Taunt scenario. That is also the positive point of manually hosted tournament, and why we keep metronome not automated, to be able to adapt in those cases and chose the better option. 

Also this kind of official tournament does not occure often, and might be reworked in the future. As I plan to make some more often, feedback is welcomed, and I take in consideration your points and opinion, and will use them and what may happen or not happen during the tournament to make the next one better. 

On 25/1/2022 at 16:25, Poufilou said:

Eso es un poco ingenuo, pero ¿por qué no? No hace falta mucho para darse cuenta de que los defectos son el problema. En tu escenario, es posible que un jugador pueda perder sin siquiera tener la posibilidad de usar el movimiento Metrónomo más de una vez por pokemon (el oponente tiene Cute Charm y tú tienes el género opuesto). 

Abordar los problemas de antemano es principalmente tranquilizador, incluso si todo es por diversión, siempre habrá jugadores que se sientan robados si sucede algo inesperado que les quita la diversión. Tal vez estoy paranoico, pero he organizado muchos eventos para saber que cosas como esa deben tomarse un poco en serio. Si puede manejarlo en el acto, entonces nada de esto es un problema, solo esperemos que todo salga bien. 

last year, although I know it was my fault I didn't read well and "there was only one species" I had 2 repeated pokes but in all the duels I reached the final I didn't use the 3rd pokemon I was very lucky, in the semifinal I also won but the 2 pokemon died, then the 3 pokemon came out the guy went crazy with the staff, in the end we repeated the fight the staff lent me a togepi, I beat him again and he started shouting that they stole him that I was a thief, like that that in the end I let him go to second place because anyway and it was my fault but it wasn't for him to start saying that. Thanks to the staff who understood the situation, everything ended well. ❤️