Upgrade PvP Prizes

DoubleJ

Question

It's 2022 and shiny tournament awards are still 2x31 (or 0) and 4x25. Nearly every tournament player is using perfect comps, and even bred shiny comps are perfect now. There is no room for imperfection in today's competitive scene. Every statistic matters when we have powerhouses like Garchomp, Conkeldurr, and Volcarona swinging for the fence on every play. Prizes need to step up to meet this demand, otherwise we're reverting back to the days of gift shiny prizes with random nature and random IV's: worthless.

My proposition for a shiny Pokemon PvP prize would be as follows:

1. 6x31 (with option of 2x0)

2. Any nature

3. Any ability

4. Up to four egg moves (retained)

We can maintain gift status as most of us recognize the complex and fragile nature of our economy, and to meet this improvement, maybe we could consider having shiny prizes offered less often. For instance, we have one (or more) shiny gifts in each format/tier per month (OU, UU, NU, and Dubs) with preference to have these tournaments over the weekend and at hours that encompass the majority of the community. I would also recommend getting rid of all non-shiny Pokemon prizes for tournament play, and instead offer RP, cash, and/or a package of items. These prizes are not worth the time for tournament play and can be earned in matchmaking when wanted.

@Desu @Kyu @Darkshade

1. What are the barriers to increasing IVs on PvP prizes?

2. What are the pros to keeping such an IV spread on prizes?

6 answers to this question

I had already made a suggestion in my Post: Improve Matchmaking System, where I suggested that 3x31 or 4x31 rewards be added to a seasonal rewards path, because we know the staff will not add 6x31, no matter how much we ask. The reason is simple: The barrier to enter in competitive is too high, not for other reason only the same players win tournaments, is because newest players cannot prepare itself from him, and with this cannot stand a chance. With the same players winning tournaments, staff don't are motivated to increase rewards, because will reach in a point that Expert Players will have 4 teams for each tier, full shiny 6x31 rewards. Things need to be maked to resolve this, like missions to give things like Braces, vitamins pills, Everstones... Things that PvP players need constantly, and a little upgrade in PvP rewards.. With this, the barrier to enter in competitive will be small and staff can be incetivated to Upgrade rewards to PvP

Edited by caioxlive13

It may be possible to reclassify the level of the event and increase the rewards according to the level of the event @Desu@Kyu@Darkshade

Minor events (multiple times per week) are 2 x 31 or 25 x 6

Medium events (held once a month) 4 x 31Or keep it 2×31  but increase the monetary rewards

Large events (Report every quarter or every six months) 5×31

1 hour ago, CaptnBaklava said:

1m we won't get a reply in 24h.

2m that if we get one it will be a pointless troll post that would get deleted if some one of us would post it. 

probably because this has been suggested 100 times and they've repeatedly said no