There's a few bugs in this game...

It wasn't easy, but through hard work, over-levelling most fights, and teaching a Scolipede 'Attract'...Unova's Elite 4 & 'Champion' have been defeated.
And with only Bug Pokemon, no less!

More updates shall come, this isn't the end of the great journey of crawly critters.
But for now, that's all I have to report.

~Professor Kahikatea

image.png

Friends, Allies, Bug Enthusiasts and Dave...
I have a small problem.

But for me to explain this, I need to first put into context what plan was going to be put forward.
We shall call it; Bees-4-Everyone.

When you start the game, you are given the option of either a Grass, Fire, or Water type Pokemon.
But you haven't got access to bug types until a little later into the games, which isnt early enough in my opinion.
My way around this was to offer a service, a level 1 Weedle. (Bred between two consenting and beloved Beedrills).
As fine of a starter bug as possible. Caterpie would have been an option, if it's final form was a bee. I digress.

The problem lies within breeding my bees.
In Unova, there is a Daycare where two pokemon can make eggs, that hatch into level 1 versions of their first forms.
Here is where the problem for me lies.

Back when I barely had even a team of bug types, I put in a pokemon into the daycare.
Coming back to it now, it has gained 60-odd levels, and thus too expensive to take out of care.
Leaving it to earn money, means the next time I come back to it, the cost to retrieve them has increased.

Is it a case of waiting until the pokemon has reached its level cap, then save up 100k.
Or is there another option to let them keep it, maybe an un-do button?

At some-point, I'll get this scheme running.
It's just a major hiccup that rattles me.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:18 AM, Munya said:

As the resident bug mod I am severely offended that you tricked me into clicking this topic.  Be sure and check out the bird in my signature.

Dude tricked me too.  Was thinking it'd be some crazy gamebreaking stuff, turned out to just be a super wholesome post.  Much love to OP

Good day. Night, or Twilight time to you all!

I bring good news, and bad news.

The Good news is the extortion of the day-care situation has ended after so many AI trainers donated their money after a darn good thrashing at the hands (or mandibles?) of the bug pokemon. And thus with both slots now available, the plans have begun rolling forwards for...

BEES 4 EVERYONE

To go into a little more detail about this plan, I'll break it down into steps;

• Pay the ransom money to the kind daycare professionals.
  • Select two of my Beedrills to deposit into the Daycare Centre.
  • Allow them time to mingle, the Birds and the Bees with emphasis on the latter.
  • Eventually I will return to an egg waiting for me. I shall graciously take it into my care.
  • Upon hatching, done so personally across many steps, it shall become a low-level Weedle. Usable by most, if not all, trainers from Day 1.
  • All Weedles will be desposited into the PC, under a special 'Hive' Box. Where all Weedles shall wait with my very confused Serperior.
  • At any time (so keep an eye out) I will advertise that Free Weedles are being given out at Accumula Town Pokemon Centre. (Channel 4, One per person).
  • An emphasis will be maintained on supplying the newer trainers with a Free Weedle. (Or Freedle if you will? ...No? Alright then).
  • Hopefully, the new owners will battle and evolve their new bugs into Kakunas, before finally into Beedrills.

I will try to keep a steady supply of Weedles in the 'Hive', but dont be surprised if Im not able to give you a Weedle if you come across me on the road. Either Im waiting on eggs to hatch, or levelling my Bug Party to heights not even Bird Types have seen. Though do feel free to say hello.

...Oh right, the Bad News.
The amount of flowers being pollenated from the increase in Bees may be lethal to any sufferers of Hayfever.
So for that, you have my apologies, and I thank you for your sniffly sacrifices.

Otherwise that's all from me for now.
Sincerely,
Professor Kahikatea

Bees4Everyone.png

Edited by Kahikatea
I understand how breeding works!
11 hours ago, Kahikatea said:

Good day. Night, or Twilight time to you all!

I bring good news, and bad news.

The Good news is the extortion of the day-care situation has ended after so many AI trainers donated their money after a darn good thrashing at the hands (or mandibles?) of the bug pokemon. And thus with both slots now available, the plans have begun rolling forwards for...

BEES 4 EVERYONE

To go into a little more detail about this plan, I'll break it down into steps;

• Pay the ransom money to the kind daycare professionals.
  • Select two of my Beedrills to deposit into the Daycare Centre.
  • Allow them time to mingle, the Birds and the Bees with emphasis on the latter.
  • Eventually I will return to an egg waiting for me. I shall graciously take it into my care.
  • Upon hatching, done so personally across many steps, it shall become a low-level Weedle. Usable by most, if not all, trainers from Day 1.
  • All Weedles will be desposited into the PC, under a special 'Hive' Box. Where all Weedles shall wait with my very confused Serperior.
  • At any time (so keep an eye out) I will advertise that Free Weedles are being given out at Accumula Town Pokemon Centre. (Channel 4, One per person).
  • An emphasis will be maintained on supplying the newer trainers with a Free Weedle. (Or Freedle if you will? ...No? Alright then).
  • Hopefully, the new owners will battle and evolve their new bugs into Kakunas, before finally into Beedrills.

I will try to keep a steady supply of Weedles in the 'Hive', but dont be surprised if Im not able to give you a Weedle if you come across me on the road. Either Im waiting on eggs to hatch, or levelling my Bug Party to heights not even Bird Types have seen. Though do feel free to say hello.

...Oh right, the Bad News.
The amount of flowers being pollenated from the increase in Bees may be lethal to any sufferers of Hayfever.
So for that, you have my apologies, and I thank you for your sniffly sacrifices.

Otherwise that's all from me for now.
Sincerely,
Professor Kahikatea

As nice as this idea is, breeding doesn't work like that here. The daycare lady is just a leveling service, while the man outside is the breeder. When breeding, you lose the parents in exchange for the egg, so the best way to obtain Weedles to give away would be to catch them in the wild. The ones found in early Kanto are at a good level for most new trainers at least, you can travel there to catch some by taking a boat from Castelia City if you have a Fire Red rom loaded.

If you'd still prefer to breed them though, egg hatching is time-based (~5 minutes) rather than step-based, so you don't need to run/bike until they hatch. It's a pretty convenient change.

Edited by Rache
2 hours ago, Paul said:

How does it feel to completely crush their hopes & dreams?

I have found a work-around.
It comes as a definite loss for myself.
But the gain of giving people bug pokemon much earlier than they usually would be able to in Unova.

It would mean I have to catch two Beedrills (Route 12), for the sake of one Weedle egg.
It'll give me something to do for a while I'd say. And catching pokemon gives exp too, so my Armaldo will be getting a good work-out.

5 hours ago, Rache said:

As nice as this idea is, breeding doesn't work like that here. The daycare lady is just a leveling service, while the man outside is the breeder. When breeding, you lose the parents in exchange for the egg, so the best way to obtain Weedles to give away would be to catch them in the wild. The ones found in early Kanto are at a good level for most new trainers at least, you can travel there to catch some by taking a boat from Castelia City if you have a Fire Red rom loaded.

If you'd still prefer to breed them though, egg hatching is time-based (~5 minutes) rather than step-based, so you don't need to run/bike until they hatch. It's a pretty convenient change.

After leaving the game running for a little bit, coming back to see a hatched weedle without many steps taken was a nice surprise.
However, this is all in the Unova region. No Easy weedles here. Going elsewhere would mean abandoning my region...something I cant do in good spirits.
I could have done this with Venipedes, but they arent Bees.