[PSL XIV] PokeMMO Super League Season 14 - Week 6

Ok so let me give some context to this absolutely absurd and ridiculous situation which my team and I have been put through, in chronological order:

Badbaar and Encanto have had issues in the past, so I took it upon myself to immediately create a group where me, gb, badbaar and encanto could come to a good solution as fast as possible to make sure their duel happens. 

There was initial problems however they came to a begrudging agreement to play at this date:

unknown.png

I was unsure of the logistics of the game, since it was treated like an extension (a decision directly from the host) which everyone agreed with, so I asked gb about it:

unknown.png

image.png.667bf0b0b2e88d5e7f4a143cc2a40cc3.png

So as you can see, he stated that the normal procedure should be followed. But when push came to shove, the rules magically change???

There was also problems with the initial time and they MUTUALLY came to an agreement to reschedule the initial duel to this time as you can see here: ( Duel Rescheduled For: 11PM GMT)

unknown.png

Ok the set up regarding the duel over, fast forward to the day of the duel.

Lotus is playing YettoDie, and YettoDie disconnects. I take the decision to claim the win from the disconnect. (which I am allowed to do)

Enchanteur is extremely offended by this, begins to hurl insults at me alongside his players insulting mine; I calmly respond and just laugh it off as classic encanto banter. But then I join a voice chat around 15 minutes later, and I'm told that enchanteur has now made the decision to give us 2 activity wins and refuses to play his duel, and Sejuani refuses to play pablo too. I am obviously quite taken aback, and also annoyed that he'd do this. So I message him directly to see the issue at hand:

image.thumb.png.906f118ce0be9483232ebf3754412e91.png

I tell gb we should just follow the normal procedure, and approach the battle like any other extension would be (Which I want to stress gb had the idea to do) Which is, turn up for the battle wait 15 minutes, request an immediate sub. If this all fails, then give an activity win (which I tried fucking everything to avoid) Gb then announces that the duel is postponed?? For what reason?? Other than absolute bias to dodge a really tricky situation lol

And yes, Badbaar did turn up at the correct time. Wait for enchanteur (who was online at around 13 mins in of waiting) and refused to play after 15 minutes of waiting (10 mins waiting for enchanteur) (5 mins for immediate sub)

If nothing can come from this, I simply want to expose this shit.

Spoiler

image.png.0d044d2fc69cdee64f5fe7086e1b42c1.png

XD

But ye, I'm the big bad villain for wanting someone who refuses to play, to play.. Then when he breaks the rules and disrespects me for him to face the repurcussions. (Which I would've definitely faced if I was doing this shit) Amazing. Not making another post, maybe an edit ^_^

I'd also like to make it clear, yes. Now I DO want the activity wins. This shits went on for too long, and the longer it goes on it hurts my team. Sorry Mismagicians that your manager did this shit.

TLDR: Badbaar and Encanto agreed a duel date, Encanto refuses to show up due to salt. I ask for the duel to happen, he refuses. I ask for a sub, he refuses. Then gb refuses to follow the normal procedure, for WHY? I don't know.

Edited by Lvkee
4 minutes ago, Lvkee said:

Ok so let me give some context to this absolutely absurd and ridiculous situation which my team and I have been put through, in chronological order:

Badbaar and Encanto have had issues in the past, so I took it upon myself to immediately create a group where me, gb, badbaar and encanto could come to a good solution as fast as possible to make sure their duel happens. 

There was initial problems however they came to a begrudging agreement to play at this date:

unknown.png

I was unsure of the logistics of the game, since it was treated like an extension (a decision directly from the host) which everyone agreed with, so I asked gb about it:

unknown.png

image.png.667bf0b0b2e88d5e7f4a143cc2a40cc3.png

So as you can see, he stated that the normal procedure should be followed. But when push came to shove, the rules magically change???

There was also problems with the initial time and they MUTUALLY came to an agreement to reschedule the initial duel to this time as you can see here: ( Duel Rescheduled For: 11PM GMT)

unknown.png

Ok the set up regarding the duel over, fast forward to the day of the duel.

Lotus is playing YettoDie, and YettoDie disconnects. I take the decision to claim the win from the disconnect. (which I am allowed to do)

Enchanteur is extremely offended by this, begins to hurl insults at me alongside his players insulting mine; I calmly respond and just laugh it off as classic encanto banter. But then I join a voice chat around 15 minutes later, and I'm told that enchanteur has now made the decision to give us 2 activity wins and refuses to play his duel, and Sejuani refuses to play pablo too. I am obviously quite taken aback, and also annoyed that he'd do this. So I message him directly to see the issue at hand:

image.png.1add35233ac76148bd4758675f507f

I tell gb we should just follow the normal procedure, and approach the battle like any other extension would be (Which I want to stress gb had the idea to do) Which is, turn up for the battle wait 15 minutes, request an immediate sub. If this all fails, then give an activity win (which I tried fucking everything to avoid) Gb then announces that the duel is postponed?? For what reason?? Other than absolute bias to dodge a really tricky situation lol

And yes, Badbaar did turn up at the correct time. Wait for enchanteur (who was online at around 13 mins in of waiting) and refused to play after 15 minutes of waiting (10 mins waiting for enchanteur) (5 mins for immediate sub)

If nothing can come from this, I simply want to expose this shit.

Hide contents

image.png.0d044d2fc69cdee64f5fe7086e1b42c1.png

XD

But ye, I'm the big bad villain for wanting someone who refuses to play, to play.. Then when he breaks the rules and disrespects me for him to face the repurcussions. (Which I would've definitely faced if I was doing this shit) Amazing. Not making another post, maybe an edit ^_^

I'd also like to make it clear, yes. Now I DO want the activity wins. This shits went on for too long, and the longer it goes on it hurts my team. Sorry Mismagicians that your manager did this shit.

TLDR: Badbaar and Encanto agreed a duel date, Encanto refuses to show up due to salt. I ask for the duel to happen, he refuses. I ask for a sub, he refuses. Then gb refuses to follow the normal procedure, for WHY? I don't know.

cry more child

You give him the week and he still cries XD

4 minutes ago, SejuaniSupport said:

A manager who just wants to win but when you give him the week is he still a baby or one who got tired of hearing so many cries and did what was right?

I don't know which one you mean

Camilo threw a tantrum and refused to play. I think you are misunderstanding who is the grown man crying here.

And gb is refusing us the activity wins, he is really who is causing the problems here 

I'll make it short because it's really not that difficult.

At the start of the week, there was a scheduling issue between enchanteur and badbaar. Enchanteur was available 42 hours and Badbaar was available 6 hours. Those times did not match. I asked them both if it was possible to open their availabilities a little bit more. They both did: Enchanteur was available 56 hours and Badbaar 28 hours. I decided at that point that Badbaar had to be subbed out of the lineup because he was less available. Badbaar and Luke were insanely upset about that decision. Luke even refused to sub out Badbaar despite the decision being reached.

Enchanteur, seeing how bad the situation was, decided to make time for the duel and agreed to play when Badbaar could:

On 1/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, gbwead said:

Sunday, January 23rd, 3:30 AM UTC: Badbaarsito Vs Enchanteur
An instant sub will be required in the event one of the players doesn't show up.

@camilo7 @Xigbar @Lvkee

3:30 AM UTC = 10:30 PM Colombia = 9:30 PM Mexico

We reach Saturday and Badbaar informs Enchanteur 6 hours prior to the duel that he will be unable to play at the scheduled time because of work. Enchanteur, once again, agrees to postpone the duel:

On 1/22/2022 at 7:10 PM, gbwead said:

Both players have agreed to postpone this duel to Sunday, January 23rd, 10 PM UTC.

We reach Sunday and Enchanteur informs me 2 hours before the duel that he no longer wants to play the duel. I tried to convince him to play, but that wasn't possible. As a host, I saw that he was not in the right state of mind to play, so I decided on his behalf to postpone the duel:

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Badbaar Vs Enchanteur postponed to a later date.

I told Enchanteur to sleep on w.e decision he wanted to make. If tomorrow he still wants to forfeit the duel, Qwilfish' n' Chips' will get the win. If he tells me tomorrow that he's fine now and wants to play for that win, then I will force the players to find a time to play.

Throughout the week, Enchanteur has done a lot to accomodate Badbaar and the single time Luke has an opportunity to compromise for Enchanteur, Luke chooses to stay on his high horse and simply claim the activity win. I'm sorry but that doesn't sit well with me. When it comes to activity decisions, I will give the win to whoever puts forward the most efforts to get the duel done. Enchanteur showed that he did a lot to get the duel done and was willing to compromise on several occasions. Sure, Enchanteur did have a BIG moment of weakness when refusing to play today, but that doesn't take anything away from all he did this week. On the other hand, despite being willing to play when Enchanteur was no longer willing to, Badbaar and Luke have made absolutely no effort whatsoever to get the duel done and jumped on the opportunity to claim the activity win the first change they got.

Here is what will happen.

• If tomorrow Enchanteur wants to play and Badbaar refuses to play, Enchanteur gets the activity win.
  • If tomorrow Enchanteur wants to play and Badbaar wants to play too, they will play whenever they can (most likely an extension).
  • If tomorrow Enchanteur doesn't want to play and Badbaar doesn't want to play either, this will end up in a no contest.
  • If tomorrow Enchanteur doesn't want to play and Badbaar does want to play, Badbaar gets the activity win.
Edited by gbwead
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

As a host, I saw that he was not in the right state of mind to play, so I decided on his behalf to postpone the duel:

This is the problem in my opinion. He is a fucking manager not some 4yo that needs some grown up to make decision for him. Let the fucking manager of the team decide to forfeit their game and he will deal with this, no point in the host managing the manager lol

1 minute ago, CHUCKunso said:

This is the problem in my opinion. He is a fucking manager not some 4yo that needs some grown up to make decision for him. Let the fucking manager of the team decide to forfeit their game and he will deal with this, no point in the host managing the manager lol

If he still feels this way tomorrow, so be it. If he changes his mind, that will show he wasn't thinking right.

4 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

But the host is also doing what a host should do, doing everything they can to make sure games are played which you really can't fault him for this season.

This. 

No matter what anyone think of the drama, priority is to keep PSL working as it should and having matches if it's possible. If it's not, then so be it, the ones who don't respect PSL will be punished by their choices. But host decisions > drama decisions for the integrity of the competition. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.