Shiny Rate Encouter Resets?

10 minutes ago, Juaske said:

The shiny rate doesnt reset or chain your encounters at all, you have the same odds of finding a shiny at your 1st encounter and at your 100000th encounter

Ahhh i see, i was trying to shiny hunt magikarp and stop at 1k encounter but im too scared to log out so ok thnx for the info 

The Chance is 1/30000 everytime u get an encounter. Chance is better, when you do Hordes. 5xHorde basically meand 1/6000, since u you see 5 at a time. A Hunt can take a Single Time, but could also endup in ridiculously high (I have seen Hunt with 200k Encounters).

2 hours ago, Zafurz said:

Quick question im new to shiny hunting but does the shiny Encouter Rate Resets When you log out or Nah?

Like some said, that's not quite how it works. It's all rng based 1/30,000. What that means is that no matter how many encounters you have, it will always be a 1/30k chance to find one. Think of it like this. You have a jar of marbles with numbers on them starting at 1 going to 30 thousand. You grab 5 at a time each time and then put them back in and pick another 5. Your odds are always going to be 1/30,000 to grab that 1 marble you're looking for. I hope that kind of helps explain how it works ?

every time you find a wild pokemon, you do a "dice roll".

the probability that you succeed is like 0.0033%

these odds of success never go up or down.

finding more pokemon just means you get to roll the dice more until you eventually get it.

and if you roll 1000000000 dice, well, you're bound to get it at some point.

makes no difference if you do them all in one day or spread throughout five years, or if you log out between each attempt.

basically there is no built-in mechanic to help you find shinies, it's the same as straight-up probabilities in math class.

21 hours ago, LordHydra said:

Like some said, that's not quite how it works. It's all rng based 1/30,000. What that means is that no matter how many encounters you have, it will always be a 1/30k chance to find one. Think of it like this. You have a jar of marbles with numbers on them starting at 1 going to 30 thousand. You grab 5 at a time each time and then put them back in and pick another 5. Your odds are always going to be 1/30,000 to grab that 1 marble you're looking for. I hope that kind of helps explain how it works ?

ahh i see im new to shiny hunt so it made me worried so thanks anyways ?

5 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

maybe this amazing guide by Sethsen I mean by Seth will help you shed some light on shiny hunting in pokemmo.

Thanks for the info might try to read this later