Jump to content
  • 16

PvP Rewards...


KaynineXL

Question

I think I can say for everyone that has any sort of interest in PvP: the rewards for PvP tournaments are complete garbage. I'm not talking about the shinies, they are fine as they've finally been updated to a usable comp level. I am, however, talking about those underwealming non Shiny Gift comps.. Like who goes into a tournament thinking, oh crap look, it's a non shiny gift Conkeldurr.. like at this point, you're playing to say "I won" because in those sort of tournaments there's practically no reward..

 

Now I'm not going to ask why you don't give more shiny rewards because I know why you've done it. There's no point in repeating old discussions. Instead, I'll give another solution that I would really like to see.

 

 

My Solution:

In conjunction with the gift comps, give us a token(or any other way you'd like to introduce it) that allows us to update our old shiny rewards. Many old shiny rewards are obsolete and no longer usable and many were created during the old 1x31 system.

 

Another idea is that these tokens could also increase IVs of reward comps, increasing those 25s to maybe 29s? I would really like to just update my comps but if this is included in with it then even more valuable and incentive to get them.

 

Importantly though: Make them tradable! This is important imo because if someone gets one and does not have an event reward(and be honest, you're not exactly churning them out nowadays) they can at least sell it to someone who does. The seller benefits with cash which makes the tournament win worthwhile.

 

 

Pros:

  • Will have a lot of demand. Only increasing when you introduce hidden abilities.
  • Does not introduce any new shinies into the game
  • Maybe it makes us happy? 🙂

 

Cons:

  • It could just be a shiny comp and those are nice too.

 

Edited by KaynineXL
Link to comment

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

This is an interesting compromise. If it’s a token that only increases IVs in small increments, requiring multiple to perfect the IVs, then I think it could be feasible. I’m not so sure about the trading aspect though, because people could just fork out a lot of money to perfect their shiny rewards and then we arrive at the devs’ same (redundant) problem of having a surplus of perfect gift comps as the market becomes saturated with tokens

 

One thing that I think should be explored is unique vanities as prizes for tournaments. Whether it’s a hat, back item, bike skin… just something that will only ever be released once, and that you can flex publicly when you wear it. I personally don’t think that all prizes need to be comps and/or money.
 

Titles would be cool also. To avoid the overworld cluttering issue that was previously discussed, they could be ones that are visible in the “you’ve been challenged by X!” textbox that gets shown as battles begin

Edited by Zymogen
Link to comment
  • 0
6 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

This is an interesting compromise. If it’s a token that only increases IVs in small increments, requiring multiple to perfect the IVs, then I think it could be feasible. I’m not so sure about the trading aspect though, because people could just fork out a lot of money to perfect their shiny rewards and then we arrive at the devs’ same (redundant) problem of having a surplus of perfect gift comps as the market becomes saturated with tokens

 

One thing that I think should be explored is unique vanities as prizes for tournaments. Whether it’s a hat, back item, bike skin… just something that will only ever be released once, and that you can flex publicly when you wear it. I personally don’t think that all prizes need to be comps and/or money.
 

Titles would be cool also. To avoid the overworld cluttering issue that was previously discussed, they could be ones that are visible in the “you’ve been challenged by X!” textbox that gets shown as battles begin

My main point was simply to update comps, the additional IVs was something I thought of whilst writing this thread but still, something that could be good. It could even be a seperate token.

 

Here you see my mild Electrode, lol. It's x31, and mild. It's now piss poor since explode was nerfed some years back.

Spoiler

224c1c256c93d40084c9f4ad8180f5d8.pngc3e12d1bad4a64db3ebce7a7a04538f8.png

And here, a calm Dusknoir which is now obsolete. Originally, it was a calm Dusclops but then Dusknoir was released making Dusclops useless. Calm on Dusknoir is obsolete with it having that useful attack stat, however, whilst eviolite was not here, it was the only option I had.

Spoiler

0047d6aea3057e297746dfebc90ba9df.png

 

 

A way to update these would be really useful to me. Not only that, people who obtain them and have no use would also be able to sell them so they make more money from the tournament without the game actually introducing it itself.

Link to comment
  • 0
16 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

My main point was simply to update comps, the additional IVs was something I thought of whilst writing this thread but still, something that could be good. It could even be a seperate token.

 

Here you see my mild Electrode, lol. It's x31, and mild. It's now piss poor since explode was nerfed some years back.

  Reveal hidden contents

224c1c256c93d40084c9f4ad8180f5d8.pngc3e12d1bad4a64db3ebce7a7a04538f8.png

And here, a calm Dusknoir which is now obsolete. Originally, it was a calm Dusclops but then Dusknoir was released making Dusclops useless. Calm on Dusknoir is obsolete with it having that useful attack stat, however, whilst eviolite was not here, it was the only option I had.

  Reveal hidden contents

0047d6aea3057e297746dfebc90ba9df.png

 

 

A way to update these would be really useful to me. Not only that, people who obtain them and have no use would also be able to sell them so they make more money from the tournament without the game actually introducing it itself.

Ahhh, gotcha. I took “update” to mean upgrade. Yeah that’s a pretty neat idea.

Link to comment
  • 0
2 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

I think I can say for everyone that has any sort of interest in PvP: the rewards for PvP tournaments are complete garbage. I'm not talking about the shinies, they are fine as they've finally been updated to a usable comp level. 

4x25 shinies aren’t usable m8

 

That aside I support this thread, it’s a well beaten drum that the staff have ignored for years. Hopefully they listen

Link to comment
  • 0

Hmm... interessing. Then, if apply the suggests of this post: 


this feature that you are suggesting, the token(or any other way you'd like to introduce it) that allows up to update our old shiny rewards, can be added as a Reward for Seasonal Path or Seasonal Missions Rewards.

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 1/9/2022 at 7:17 PM, Zymogen said:

This is an interesting compromise. If it’s a token that only increases IVs in small increments, requiring multiple to perfect the IVs, then I think it could be feasible. I’m not so sure about the trading aspect though, because people could just fork out a lot of money to perfect their shiny rewards and then we arrive at the devs’ same (redundant) problem of having a surplus of perfect gift comps as the market becomes saturated with tokens

Easily to solve: Make him a reward from PvP Seasonal Tree Reward , and non-tradeable.

However , allow ticket to update ANY Pókemon Reward from Tournament, Catching event, Seasonal, and Matchmaking Rewards(14-day Path, , Seasonal Path, or Missions Rewards. If don't Know that Missions or seasonal path,read this suggestion:

 

Edited by caioxlive13
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.