Jump to content

[MOD] Battle Sprites Reloded


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, nurver9 said:

Hmm, podría intentar cambiar el nombre de .zip a .mod (pero esto no debería importar demasiado). También vaya al explorador de archivos y elimine las descargas antiguas del mod si las tiene. Intente mover el mod a una ubicación diferente antes de importar.

 

Ya lo intente y sigue en lo mismo, siempre aparece el mismo mensaje, hay algun otro metodo?

Screenshot_20220228-192940_PokeMMO.jpg

Link to comment

I think this mod is insane, I would like to suggest a change though, maybe if you agree with me can modify it and reload it. The 3d hd sprites looks amazing, but when you're playing pvp and the team icons appears bellow your Pokemon's health bar, I think they look so big, also I don't think it was necessary to change that, the important aspect of the mod are the sprites in the battle. I would like to have those 3d sprites but with the icons of the team in normal size, because they don't fit properly .  Thanks for sharing this work. 

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 7:35 AM, xjamesmememesx said:

I think this mod is insane, I would like to suggest a change though, maybe if you agree with me can modify it and reload it. The 3d hd sprites looks amazing, but when you're playing pvp and the team icons appears bellow your Pokemon's health bar, I think they look so big, also I don't think it was necessary to change that, the important aspect of the mod are the sprites in the battle. I would like to have those 3d sprites but with the icons of the team in normal size, because they don't fit properly .  Thanks for sharing this work. 

I'm not sure what you are refering to by "team icons below health bar".

If you are refering to the pokemon icons that are used for pokedex, that also display as your team, that is a different mod entirely and not managed by this mod.
If you are refering to the battle summary page in PvP, I have already addressed this in my F.A.Q.s and it is out of my control. You guys need to message the devs to change the scaling.

 

 

On 3/1/2022 at 2:33 AM, ZOHAN said:

Ya lo intente y sigue en lo mismo, siempre aparece el mismo mensaje, hay algun otro metodo?

Screenshot_20220228-192940_PokeMMO.jpg

He probado esto con mi movil y no hay ningún error. Me da tristeza que tengas problemas pero no sé qué decir.
Yo no juego PokeMMO. Espero que la comunidad te pueda ayudar.

Es posible que haya una instalación corrupta del mod cargado. Normalmente hay una carpeta temporaria con estos archivos. Necesitas quitarlos.

Buena suerte.

Link to comment
On 1/11/2022 at 6:26 PM, JDChaos said:

Absolutely!
Only Themes have xml code specific to Android or PC. These are just GIFs.

Though because of the file size, it will take a couple minutes to import.

I also recommend the HD version for mobile, since there is no summary screen box and the battle summary isn't visible with any battle sprite mod.

Dude you just MADE MY DAY! I can't believe this is available for Mobile!!! OMG! 

 

You just made this game 1000x better than all freaking "Monster spam" games in Play Store! You don't even know it. 

Link to comment

I've installed HD Version on my Android phone just now. There were no glitch/ crashes when uploading, except the black screen which means it's patching/ loading the mod into your phone & after uploading it'll be gone automatically (same meaning if the game sceen hangs, just wait few mins). Note: do not Unzip the file ever, just add it on the "add mod" right after downloading from settings menu. And click on save icon after you see the below screen (pic 1).

 

Freaking Awesome as everyone said. PokeDox isn't a big issue as you don't need to see that pokemon sprite, better see them on the battle hahaha. 

 

 

Screenshot_20220406-235113.jpg

Screenshot_20220406-235358.jpg

Screenshot_20220406-235920.jpg

Edited by SlakingCHAMP
Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

😊Congrats on this fantastic work. I really love the style. Thanks for sharing this amazing mod that doubles the joy in game!

I read the posts above. I wanna make the shiny pms looks more obvious as I encounter thousands of normal ones every day. I stalled both SD and shiny hunter version. But shiny pms don't display bigger. Could u plz tell me why? 

image.png.e3ea8deaf4b9a5dffeb3e428ee11b866.png

image.png.15525ec9c3bc166d54b1f79d4436d112.pngimage.png.aee8bb96719e87b9305199c87d5cfa75.pngimage.png.4f7d567238d0f8d8e98e7e93d29c600b.png

 

😳Can shiny hunter version work like this? 

1162359589_QQ20220502203829.png.5b1ac524737adc17280f66f137a8c073.png

Edited by Miyooh
补充
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Miyooh said:

😊Congrats on this fantastic work. I really love the style. Thanks for sharing this amazing mod that doubles the joy in game!

I read the posts above. I wanna make the shiny pms looks more obvious as I encounter thousands of normal ones every day. I stalled both SD and shiny hunter version. But shiny pms don't display bigger. Could u plz tell me why? 

image.png.e3ea8deaf4b9a5dffeb3e428ee11b866.png

image.png.15525ec9c3bc166d54b1f79d4436d112.pngimage.png.aee8bb96719e87b9305199c87d5cfa75.pngimage.png.4f7d567238d0f8d8e98e7e93d29c600b.png

 

😳Can shiny hunter version work like this? 

1162359589_QQ20220502203829.png.5b1ac524737adc17280f66f137a8c073.png

As I said in the opening post "You only need to download one". 

Shiny Hunter is meant for people hunting shinies. This will make the shinies bigger than the normals.
SD is the Standard Definition and contains both normal and shiny. This will make them both the same size.

If you install and activate more than one mod, they will have conflicts.
Only install the mod that you want to use. In this case, it seems like you are hunting shinies and want the Shiny Hunter mod.

Good luck.
 

Link to comment
24分钟前,JDChaos 说:

As I said in the opening post "You only need to download one". 

Shiny Hunter is meant for people hunting shinies. This will make the shinies bigger than the normals.
SD is the Standard Definition and contains both normal and shiny. This will make them both the same size.

If you install and activate more than one mod, they will have conflicts.
Only install the mod that you want to use. In this case, it seems like you are hunting shinies and want the Shiny Hunter mod.

Good luck.
 

Thx.

Link to comment
On 1/9/2022 at 8:42 AM, JDChaos said:

Battle Sprites Reloded is a battle sprite mod.

It was designed by me with influences and suggestions from four very dedicated testers.
Many thanks to EdRaket, GoKickRocks, NimbleHydra, and PrincessLolita

 

The purpose of this mod was to make a more vibrant mod that utilizes real-time lighting and shadows.
Each Pokémon is set to a scaled height multiplied by their actual Pokedex height. 
More information and math can be read under "How I Made This Mod".

I do not play PokeMMO, but I think the concept is great and I hope you all enjoy my mod with it.

Downloading this mod is not obligatory. If you don´t like any part of it then change it, make your own or use another one. I endorse Verdep´s HD Battle Sprites.


 

There are three versions listed at the bottom of this post. SD, HD and Shiny Hunter (HD is as is. There will be bugs.)
You only need to download one. Read the "Version Differences".

Version Differences

  Reveal hidden contents

SD
This version has the least bugs (Read "Bugs").
The file size is smaller (by almost a GB)
Most of the Pokémon are lined up in the summary screen boxes.
Battle Summary has manageable image sizes.
Front Sprites have reduced quality.
 

Shiny Hunter
This version includes Shiny front sprites only.
The larger non-shiny Pokémon will float. (It was that or 84% sink) This is to maintain the same design as SD.
 

HD (With bugs)
This version has the most bugs (Read "Bugs").
It has the highest quality front sprites.
It also has the highest file size.
Pokeball during catching will go underground.
Summary screen will not line up by feet. (Not as much of an issue on mobile)
Summary screen has Pokémon randomly too far to the right. (There is nothing I have done to cause this)
Battle Summary images are large.

Screenshots of SD (Thanks to GoKickRocks)

  Reveal hidden contents

Single2.thumb.jpg.21f4e6573f9c07730b46abedf1e519eb.jpg
Summary2.thumb.jpg.f116f12052676caaddc43e9842d560f9.jpg
Doubles3.thumb.jpg.145bccb5555871c41bb578fb868d1734.jpg


 

Please read the F.A.Q. and Facts before posting questions.


F.A.Q. and Facts

  Reveal hidden contents

1. I am a digital artist/front-end developer. I taught myself C#, the Unity engine and its tools to make this mod.

2. It took two painful months and hundreds of hours. I am not interested in making more 3D sprites at the moment.

3. I do not play PokeMMO or any other video game.

4. I don´t know much about Pokémon. I also don´t care if I got a small detail wrong because I wasn´t intimately familiar with Pokémon anatomy/lore.

5. This was done in a style that I wanted. It is not supposed to mirror your favorite Pokémon game.

6. The heights are relative to the Pokedex height and a math curve (More detail in "How I Made This Mod").

7. There were many bugs. I wanted this mod to cater to as many players as possible. Sacrifices had to be made.

8. PokeMMO uses GIF. Transparency in GIF is Binary: on or off. Transparent is invisible. There is no option for translucent/semi-transparent.

9. I will not be updating much past the first week or two of release. I have other jobs and projects. I may return for important reasons or if PokeMMO changes the way they handle mods.
 

Why did you make a mod for a game you don´t play?
It was requested. This is normal. Most developers don´t have time for games.
Why did you spell it reloded instead of reloaded?
It is a reference to my internet handle, the key word is lode: A rich source of something.
Can I join your Clan/Friends?
No (Reason 3)
Can I duel you?
No (Reason 3)
Can you teach me how to program/code/develop/photobash/etc.?
No I already have an apprentice and spend my free time teaching myself new things (Reason 1)
Can you make a special sprite for my favorite Pokémon, X?
No (Reason 2)
Why did/didn´t you make Bulbasaur or other Pokémon's height include his strange appendage sticking out of his back/head?
I felt like it (Reason 4)
Why don´t you include ears in the height?
Same reason as above.
Why aren´t there females?
Don´t give up hope, girls like Pokémon too. (Reason 2)
I can´t see the background through Solosis´s bubble or Pokémon X, why is it not transparent?
You mean translucent. (Reason 8
Umbreon is supposed to glow. Why did you just make it bright?
Post processing glow creates semitransparent pixels of light outside of the 3D model. This would cause a solid background. (Reason 8
Why don´t the VFX loop perfectly?
They were made in a living 3D world, not designed to loop in a GIF.
Why do Quilava and Typhlosion have burst spikes and Cyndaquil is more consistent?
Looping issues. Read question above.
I don´t like Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion, can I have their original naked forms back?
Yes, read "Instructions to replace Cyndaquil line" at the bottom.
Why don´t the colors look like Pokémon SWSH?
I think the world has seen enough white-washing (Reason 5)
Why does the Shiny Hunter version have floating normal Pokémon?
This was done to keep the shiny the same height in both versions. It was either float or sink (Reason 7)
Why are the front sprites lower quality than the back in SD?
This was done to accommodate Shiny Hunters and PvPers by normalizing smaller threshold GIF size (Reason 7)
If Pokémon X is half the height of Pokémon Y, why isn´t he half the size in your mod?
Small Pokémon would be too hard to see in game with real heights. We tested it. A curve was better. (Reason 6)
If Ekans is supposed to be as tall as Venusaur, why did you make him so small?
Based on animal shape, some heights correlate to length.
There is a bug, can you fix it?
Probably not, but while you are playing video games, think about how you would solve the issue and go for it. Or read "Bugs".

Bugs

  Reveal hidden contents

Pokeball goes through the floor in HD.
This has to do with the Y-axis alterations. I didn´t design PokeMMO or TWL. Otherwise, I would change the anchor point for GIFs to bottom center.

Pokémon in Pokedex and Evolution screens are huge.
The developers didn´t add the same scaling to these screens as they did Summary. Only they can fix it.

Some Pokémon in the battle summary are huge.
This is because some Pokémon GIFs are huge. The battle summary uses GIF size instead of Summary scaling. Ask the developers to fix it.

There is a random line that appears on the edge/corner of the GIFs.
It happens randomly. The testers weren´t able to test it because it was intermittent.

Some Pokémon float in Shiny Hunters.
This is because some of my GIFs have their Y-Axis increased to keep them above ground as Shiny. There is no separate Y-Axis for Normal and Shiny. Only 16% of the Pokémon are floating.

In the HD version, some of the Pokémon are randomly too far to the right in the summary.
I don´t know what causes this. It is random and different every time I compile the Zip.


How I Made This Mod

  Reveal hidden contents

All models and textures were ripped from legally owned copies of Pokémon games and from websites that post 3D resources OR made by hand in Blender and photoshop by me.

Pokémon height data was taken from the pokemondb and bulbapedia.


I used the Unity 3D engine to render all of the models/shaders. The sharers and VFX were written by me after watching various YouTube videos (I can recommend Freya Holmér).
Blender was used to fix/adjust/create the Pokémon models and the VFX meshes.
 

PokeMMO uses GIFs. GIFs are antiquated versions of apng and video formats. 
For this, I couldn´t use cool semi-transparent effects. I also couldn´t use Post-Processing like Bloom. Instead I made HDR Intensity lighting on Emissive properties and split 3D models with translucent bubbles into 2 parts. The back would become solid and the front would be semi-transparent.
 

Unity has a wonderful Shader Graph tool that assisted me in the beginning until I found I needed more custom options only available in C#. (Most of those ideas became scraped. All things can be done with graph) I designed a base, metallic, gem, bubble, pearl and fire shader to deal with the many needs of the textures and models.
Using Unity Recorder, every frame was saved as a png.
 

All Pokémon animations were recorded in 4K and then trimmed and resized in Photoshop.
To normalize height into a mathematical formula, all of the GIF heights were set to 500px.
The height scale for the Pokémon is linear but not starting at zero. 

In order to keep the minimum size group of 0.2 meters (Diglett) and the maximum size group of 2.5 meters (Lapras) within a visible spectrum, the testers chose a pixel amount of 63 and 230 respectively. Then I created a formula to plug in Pokémon heights and get a desired pixel count.
pixelHeight =(0.145652*pokeHeight+0.0958696)*500

Because of dead space between the Pokémon head and the top of the GIF, I used a variable (oversized%) to multiply each Pokémon by if such space existed.
pixelHeight =(0.145652*pokeHeight+0.0958696)*500*oversized%
This had adverse effects on snake/fish/length based Pokémon. Onix when stretched from bottom to top of GIF only represents 45% of his total height. In this case I set an IF/THEN and multiplied the height by the Oversized%.
pixelHeight =(0.145652*(pokeHeight*oversized%)+0.0958696)*500
(I do realize that these formulas are not 100% accurate for the results I wanted. But this isn´t a paying job and I have real clients to put that effort into.)
 

This gave me the base value for all of the text documents that handle scaling in Summary, Battle (Front/Back), and Y-Axis coordinates in battle.

Originally all Pokémon were scaled down to their pixel count in summary and battle, but I kept the GIF size of 500. This gave crazy good quality (better than the HD version). 
However, the summary screen had Pokémon floating and sinking all over the box.
The battle summary screen in PvP was unreadable.
I had to make crazy Y-Axis formulas to push the Pokémon up/down based on how I had scaled them.
It also affected the original GIFs in game for shiny hunters, since shiny Pokémon in the mod needed Y-Axis adjustment. Some were sinking in the ground.
This is why the SD was designed.
 

Table-Front-Scale
The game scales combat sprites 2X. I wanted to scale all front sprites to 50%. This way, stretching them 2X is 100% quality.
First I manually changed every Pokémon front sprite to their pixelHeight. The ideal pixel height for the Pokémon to stand on the battle circle is 195px without Y-Axis adjustments. For every Pokémon under 195px, I added deadspace above them (for standing) or (above and below) them (for flyers). 
This solved Pokémon that were too small and needed to be pushed down. Good for Shiny Hunters.
It also made the majority of GIFs small enough to resolve the PvP battle summary issue.
 

Table-Summary-Scale
100% was a little too big for the boxes, so I reduced all Pokémon less than 359px to 90%. Then anyone bigger than 359% was manually changed to 70% or 60%.
This fit a majority of Pokémon into the Summary boxes, while still fitting their height roles.
 

Table-Back-Scale
The back sprites are only used in combat. They are also the closest to the player on the screen. 
I decided to keep the sprites at 500px for the best quality I could and scale them down in the text document so that they would remain the correct pixelHeight.
TRUNC(pixelHeight*0.001),3)
 

Table-Coordinate-Mods
For front sprites: anything at 195px or lower didn´t need adjusting. Anything above this would be bigger and need to be brought up. I tested several heights and created a formula to raise large Pokémon.
Y-Axis = IF(pixelHeight<195,0,TRUNC(0.00267388*pixelHeight-0.506423,2))
For back sprites: Pokémon are all over the place and the formula is more complex.
Y-Axis = TRUNC((0.00253592*pixelHeight-0.508922),3)

Some Pokémon over a certain pixel count (Steelix, Legendaries, etc.) had to be capped in order to remain visible for the player.

 

HD Version
The HD version followed the same process, except all Pokémon at 300 pixelHeight or lower had their GIF set to 300px.
All I had to do was multiply the back scale by 5/3 (500px/300px), since the back sprites are all 500px and the new fronts are 300px.
And divide the pixel height by 300 before multiplying it to the existing Summary formula.

Table-Front-Scale
TRUNC(pixelHeight*0.001*(5/3),3)
Summary
TRUNC((pixelHeight/300)*0.9,2)

 

Instructions to replace Cyndaquil line

  Reveal hidden contents

Inside all 3 mods are the fire-less versions of the Cyndaquil line. They are named by the Pokémon.
If you rename and replace them with 
pokedexNumber-front/back-normal/shiny like so:
155-front-n
157-back-s
Then overwrite the current version that you don´t like, you can continue the game freely without them.


Downloads (You only need one)

  Reveal hidden contents

SD Version - MediaFire| SD Version - Mega
Shiny Hunter Version - MediaFire| Shiny Hunter Version - Mega
HD Version - MediaFire| HD Version - Mega


Patch Notes (Latest: 16/01)

  Reveal hidden contents

16/01/22 - Version 1.1 - Fixed shiny Steelix's sprite size. All three versions had a different size sprite because of a scripting error.



I hope you all enjoy the mod. If you don´t, feel free to use Verdep´s. I think his is great.

 

I cant put it in mobile it just freezes when i do how do i fix that?

 

 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Jason225598 said:

I cant put it in mobile it just freezes when i do how do i fix that?

 

 

From everyone that tested and posted here, the freezing is normal, because of the file size. You have to wait it out.

One person said they had to wait 2 hours or something crazy. I would recommend pressing the import button before you wind down for bed and see if it's good to go in the morning.

Link to comment
On 1/9/2022 at 8:42 AM, JDChaos said:

Battle Sprites Reloded is a battle sprite mod.

It was designed by me with influences and suggestions from four very dedicated testers.
Many thanks to EdRaket, GoKickRocks, NimbleHydra, and PrincessLolita

 

The purpose of this mod was to make a more vibrant mod that utilizes real-time lighting and shadows.
Each Pokémon is set to a scaled height multiplied by their actual Pokedex height. 
More information and math can be read under "How I Made This Mod".

I do not play PokeMMO, but I think the concept is great and I hope you all enjoy my mod with it.

Downloading this mod is not obligatory. If you don´t like any part of it then change it, make your own or use another one. I endorse Verdep´s HD Battle Sprites.


 

There are three versions listed at the bottom of this post. SD, HD and Shiny Hunter (HD is as is. There will be bugs.)
You only need to download one. Read the "Version Differences".

Version Differences

  Reveal hidden contents

SD
This version has the least bugs (Read "Bugs").
The file size is smaller (by almost a GB)
Most of the Pokémon are lined up in the summary screen boxes.
Battle Summary has manageable image sizes.
Front Sprites have reduced quality.
 

Shiny Hunter
This version includes Shiny front sprites only.
The larger non-shiny Pokémon will float. (It was that or 84% sink) This is to maintain the same design as SD.
 

HD (With bugs)
This version has the most bugs (Read "Bugs").
It has the highest quality front sprites.
It also has the highest file size.
Pokeball during catching will go underground.
Summary screen will not line up by feet. (Not as much of an issue on mobile)
Summary screen has Pokémon randomly too far to the right. (There is nothing I have done to cause this)
Battle Summary images are large.

Screenshots of SD (Thanks to GoKickRocks)

  Reveal hidden contents

Single2.thumb.jpg.21f4e6573f9c07730b46abedf1e519eb.jpg
Summary2.thumb.jpg.f116f12052676caaddc43e9842d560f9.jpg
Doubles3.thumb.jpg.145bccb5555871c41bb578fb868d1734.jpg


 

Please read the F.A.Q. and Facts before posting questions.


F.A.Q. and Facts

  Reveal hidden contents

1. I am a digital artist/front-end developer. I taught myself C#, the Unity engine and its tools to make this mod.

2. It took two painful months and hundreds of hours. I am not interested in making more 3D sprites at the moment.

3. I do not play PokeMMO or any other video game.

4. I don´t know much about Pokémon. I also don´t care if I got a small detail wrong because I wasn´t intimately familiar with Pokémon anatomy/lore.

5. This was done in a style that I wanted. It is not supposed to mirror your favorite Pokémon game.

6. The heights are relative to the Pokedex height and a math curve (More detail in "How I Made This Mod").

7. There were many bugs. I wanted this mod to cater to as many players as possible. Sacrifices had to be made.

8. PokeMMO uses GIF. Transparency in GIF is Binary: on or off. Transparent is invisible. There is no option for translucent/semi-transparent.

9. I will not be updating much past the first week or two of release. I have other jobs and projects. I may return for important reasons or if PokeMMO changes the way they handle mods.
 

Why did you make a mod for a game you don´t play?
It was requested. This is normal. Most developers don´t have time for games.
Why did you spell it reloded instead of reloaded?
It is a reference to my internet handle, the key word is lode: A rich source of something.
Can I join your Clan/Friends?
No (Reason 3)
Can I duel you?
No (Reason 3)
Can you teach me how to program/code/develop/photobash/etc.?
No I already have an apprentice and spend my free time teaching myself new things (Reason 1)
Can you make a special sprite for my favorite Pokémon, X?
No (Reason 2)
Why did/didn´t you make Bulbasaur or other Pokémon's height include his strange appendage sticking out of his back/head?
I felt like it (Reason 4)
Why don´t you include ears in the height?
Same reason as above.
Why aren´t there females?
Don´t give up hope, girls like Pokémon too. (Reason 2)
I can´t see the background through Solosis´s bubble or Pokémon X, why is it not transparent?
You mean translucent. (Reason 8
Umbreon is supposed to glow. Why did you just make it bright?
Post processing glow creates semitransparent pixels of light outside of the 3D model. This would cause a solid background. (Reason 8
Why don´t the VFX loop perfectly?
They were made in a living 3D world, not designed to loop in a GIF.
Why do Quilava and Typhlosion have burst spikes and Cyndaquil is more consistent?
Looping issues. Read question above.
I don´t like Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion, can I have their original naked forms back?
Yes, read "Instructions to replace Cyndaquil line" at the bottom.
Why don´t the colors look like Pokémon SWSH?
I think the world has seen enough white-washing (Reason 5)
Why does the Shiny Hunter version have floating normal Pokémon?
This was done to keep the shiny the same height in both versions. It was either float or sink (Reason 7)
Why are the front sprites lower quality than the back in SD?
This was done to accommodate Shiny Hunters and PvPers by normalizing smaller threshold GIF size (Reason 7)
If Pokémon X is half the height of Pokémon Y, why isn´t he half the size in your mod?
Small Pokémon would be too hard to see in game with real heights. We tested it. A curve was better. (Reason 6)
If Ekans is supposed to be as tall as Venusaur, why did you make him so small?
Based on animal shape, some heights correlate to length.
There is a bug, can you fix it?
Probably not, but while you are playing video games, think about how you would solve the issue and go for it. Or read "Bugs".

Bugs

  Reveal hidden contents

Pokeball goes through the floor in HD.
This has to do with the Y-axis alterations. I didn´t design PokeMMO or TWL. Otherwise, I would change the anchor point for GIFs to bottom center.

Pokémon in Pokedex and Evolution screens are huge.
The developers didn´t add the same scaling to these screens as they did Summary. Only they can fix it.

Some Pokémon in the battle summary are huge.
This is because some Pokémon GIFs are huge. The battle summary uses GIF size instead of Summary scaling. Ask the developers to fix it.

There is a random line that appears on the edge/corner of the GIFs.
It happens randomly. The testers weren´t able to test it because it was intermittent.

Some Pokémon float in Shiny Hunters.
This is because some of my GIFs have their Y-Axis increased to keep them above ground as Shiny. There is no separate Y-Axis for Normal and Shiny. Only 16% of the Pokémon are floating.

In the HD version, some of the Pokémon are randomly too far to the right in the summary.
I don´t know what causes this. It is random and different every time I compile the Zip.


How I Made This Mod

  Reveal hidden contents

All models and textures were ripped from legally owned copies of Pokémon games and from websites that post 3D resources OR made by hand in Blender and photoshop by me.

Pokémon height data was taken from the pokemondb and bulbapedia.


I used the Unity 3D engine to render all of the models/shaders. The sharers and VFX were written by me after watching various YouTube videos (I can recommend Freya Holmér).
Blender was used to fix/adjust/create the Pokémon models and the VFX meshes.
 

PokeMMO uses GIFs. GIFs are antiquated versions of apng and video formats. 
For this, I couldn´t use cool semi-transparent effects. I also couldn´t use Post-Processing like Bloom. Instead I made HDR Intensity lighting on Emissive properties and split 3D models with translucent bubbles into 2 parts. The back would become solid and the front would be semi-transparent.
 

Unity has a wonderful Shader Graph tool that assisted me in the beginning until I found I needed more custom options only available in C#. (Most of those ideas became scraped. All things can be done with graph) I designed a base, metallic, gem, bubble, pearl and fire shader to deal with the many needs of the textures and models.
Using Unity Recorder, every frame was saved as a png.
 

All Pokémon animations were recorded in 4K and then trimmed and resized in Photoshop.
To normalize height into a mathematical formula, all of the GIF heights were set to 500px.
The height scale for the Pokémon is linear but not starting at zero. 

In order to keep the minimum size group of 0.2 meters (Diglett) and the maximum size group of 2.5 meters (Lapras) within a visible spectrum, the testers chose a pixel amount of 63 and 230 respectively. Then I created a formula to plug in Pokémon heights and get a desired pixel count.
pixelHeight =(0.145652*pokeHeight+0.0958696)*500

Because of dead space between the Pokémon head and the top of the GIF, I used a variable (oversized%) to multiply each Pokémon by if such space existed.
pixelHeight =(0.145652*pokeHeight+0.0958696)*500*oversized%
This had adverse effects on snake/fish/length based Pokémon. Onix when stretched from bottom to top of GIF only represents 45% of his total height. In this case I set an IF/THEN and multiplied the height by the Oversized%.
pixelHeight =(0.145652*(pokeHeight*oversized%)+0.0958696)*500
(I do realize that these formulas are not 100% accurate for the results I wanted. But this isn´t a paying job and I have real clients to put that effort into.)
 

This gave me the base value for all of the text documents that handle scaling in Summary, Battle (Front/Back), and Y-Axis coordinates in battle.

Originally all Pokémon were scaled down to their pixel count in summary and battle, but I kept the GIF size of 500. This gave crazy good quality (better than the HD version). 
However, the summary screen had Pokémon floating and sinking all over the box.
The battle summary screen in PvP was unreadable.
I had to make crazy Y-Axis formulas to push the Pokémon up/down based on how I had scaled them.
It also affected the original GIFs in game for shiny hunters, since shiny Pokémon in the mod needed Y-Axis adjustment. Some were sinking in the ground.
This is why the SD was designed.
 

Table-Front-Scale
The game scales combat sprites 2X. I wanted to scale all front sprites to 50%. This way, stretching them 2X is 100% quality.
First I manually changed every Pokémon front sprite to their pixelHeight. The ideal pixel height for the Pokémon to stand on the battle circle is 195px without Y-Axis adjustments. For every Pokémon under 195px, I added deadspace above them (for standing) or (above and below) them (for flyers). 
This solved Pokémon that were too small and needed to be pushed down. Good for Shiny Hunters.
It also made the majority of GIFs small enough to resolve the PvP battle summary issue.
 

Table-Summary-Scale
100% was a little too big for the boxes, so I reduced all Pokémon less than 359px to 90%. Then anyone bigger than 359% was manually changed to 70% or 60%.
This fit a majority of Pokémon into the Summary boxes, while still fitting their height roles.
 

Table-Back-Scale
The back sprites are only used in combat. They are also the closest to the player on the screen. 
I decided to keep the sprites at 500px for the best quality I could and scale them down in the text document so that they would remain the correct pixelHeight.
TRUNC(pixelHeight*0.001),3)
 

Table-Coordinate-Mods
For front sprites: anything at 195px or lower didn´t need adjusting. Anything above this would be bigger and need to be brought up. I tested several heights and created a formula to raise large Pokémon.
Y-Axis = IF(pixelHeight<195,0,TRUNC(0.00267388*pixelHeight-0.506423,2))
For back sprites: Pokémon are all over the place and the formula is more complex.
Y-Axis = TRUNC((0.00253592*pixelHeight-0.508922),3)

Some Pokémon over a certain pixel count (Steelix, Legendaries, etc.) had to be capped in order to remain visible for the player.

 

HD Version
The HD version followed the same process, except all Pokémon at 300 pixelHeight or lower had their GIF set to 300px.
All I had to do was multiply the back scale by 5/3 (500px/300px), since the back sprites are all 500px and the new fronts are 300px.
And divide the pixel height by 300 before multiplying it to the existing Summary formula.

Table-Front-Scale
TRUNC(pixelHeight*0.001*(5/3),3)
Summary
TRUNC((pixelHeight/300)*0.9,2)

 

Instructions to replace Cyndaquil line

  Reveal hidden contents

Inside all 3 mods are the fire-less versions of the Cyndaquil line. They are named by the Pokémon.
If you rename and replace them with 
pokedexNumber-front/back-normal/shiny like so:
155-front-n
157-back-s
Then overwrite the current version that you don´t like, you can continue the game freely without them.


Downloads (You only need one)

  Reveal hidden contents

SD Version - MediaFire| SD Version - Mega
Shiny Hunter Version - MediaFire| Shiny Hunter Version - Mega
HD Version - MediaFire| HD Version - Mega


Patch Notes (Latest: 16/01)

  Reveal hidden contents

16/01/22 - Version 1.1 - Fixed shiny Steelix's sprite size. All three versions had a different size sprite because of a scripting error.



I hope you all enjoy the mod. If you don´t, feel free to use Verdep´s. I think his is great.

 

It worked thanks and can u fix one down side if i display moves like surf the pokemon will look very derpy at that moment even at evolution.

 

 

Link to comment
On 5/5/2022 at 1:46 PM, Jason225598 said:

It worked thanks and can u fix one down side if i display moves like surf the pokemon will look very derpy at that moment even at evolution.

 

 

I´m not sure what that means. None of the testers mentioned derpy.

But as I´ve stated in the F.A.Q.s, I don´t play this game. I will only make upgrades if they are related to changes in game development and highly requested. You guys are free to make all the alterations you want to the mod. 

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Link to comment

 

On 5/8/2022 at 11:56 PM, Vercrow said:

Está incrível mas no meu celular minha Pokedex fica assim

Screenshot_2022-05-08-18-51-12-767_eu.pokemmo.client.jpg

Obviamente... 

Pokémon in Pokedex and Evolution screens are huge.
The developers didn´t add the same scaling to these screens as they did Summary. Only they can fix it.

Google Translate.

Pokémon nas telas Pokedex e Evolution são enormes.
Os desenvolvedores não adicionaram a mesma escala a essas telas como fizeram Resumo. Só eles podem consertar.


 

On 5/9/2022 at 2:30 PM, 19b said:

what is the theme? used in print? Still works?

Someone mentioned the theme they used, for these screenshots, on one of the pages. You will have to find their comment and contact them about it.

 

 

On 5/12/2022 at 3:39 AM, mianbaojun said:

The No276 Taillow  No wings,Could you fix this mod?

all.png

old.png


This is an oversight on our part. For that I apologize. I don´t have access to the original files at the moment, and likely won´t for the next few months. If there is more request to update this pokemon, I may take the time to expedite it.

However, since this isn´t a paid project, I encourage you, the community, to try your hand at fixing it.
 

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 12:30 AM, Olayovgc said:

Hi can someone tell me how i install this mod? I have it downloaded already but I am lost. I don't see a .mod file ahaha

Heya. 

A .mod file isn't required, just a .zip file.

PC
Place it in your Data/Mods folder.
Then when you launch the game, there should be a mod management button and screen that will load it.

Mobile
Use the Import Mod option in the mod management screen. Be aware it can take while. People have posted in this thread that it can take hours on mobile.

 

Link to comment
On 9/1/2022 at 1:42, JDChaos said:

Battle Sprites Reloded es un mod de sprite de batalla.

Fue diseñado por mí con influencias y sugerencias de cuatro probadores muy dedicados.
Muchas gracias a EdRaket , GoKickRocks, NimbleHydra y PrincessLolita.

 

El proposito de este mod era hacer un mod mas vibrante que utiliza luces y sombras en tiempo real.
Cada Pokémon se establece en una altura escalada multiplicada por su altura real de Pokedex. 
Se puede leer más información y matemáticas en "Cómo hice este mod".

No juego PokeMMO, pero creo que el concepto es genial y espero que todos disfruten mi mod con él.

La descarga de este mod no es obligatoria. Si no te gusta alguna parte, cámbiala, hazla tú mismo o usa otra. Apoyo los Battle Sprites HD de Verdep.


 

Hay tres versiones enumeradas en la parte inferior de esta publicación. SD, HD y Shiny Hunter (HD es tal cual. Habrá errores).
Solo necesita descargar uno. Lea las "Diferencias de versión".

Diferencias de versión

  Revelar contenidos ocultos

SD
This version has the least bugs (Read "Bugs").
The file size is smaller (by almost a GB)
Most of the Pokémon are lined up in the summary screen boxes.
Battle Summary has manageable image sizes.
Front Sprites have reduced quality.
 

Shiny Hunter
This version includes Shiny front sprites only.
The larger non-shiny Pokémon will float. (It was that or 84% sink) This is to maintain the same design as SD.
 

HD (With bugs)
This version has the most bugs (Read "Bugs").
It has the highest quality front sprites.
It also has the highest file size.
Pokeball during catching will go underground.
Summary screen will not line up by feet. (Not as much of an issue on mobile)
Summary screen has Pokémon randomly too far to the right. (There is nothing I have done to cause this)
Battle Summary images are large.

Capturas de pantalla de SD (Gracias a GoKickRocks)

  Revelar contenidos ocultos

Soltero2.thumb.jpg.21f4e6573f9c07730b46abedf1e519eb.jpg
Resumen2.thumb.jpg.f116f12052676caaddc43e9842d560f9.jpg
Dobles3.thumb.jpg.145bccb5555871c41bb578fb868d1734.jpg


 

Lea las preguntas frecuentes y los hechos antes de publicar preguntas.


Preguntas frecuentes y hechos

  Revelar contenidos ocultos

1. I am a digital artist/front-end developer. I taught myself C#, the Unity engine and its tools to make this mod.

2. It took two painful months and hundreds of hours. I am not interested in making more 3D sprites at the moment.

3. I do not play PokeMMO or any other video game.

4. I don´t know much about Pokémon. I also don´t care if I got a small detail wrong because I wasn´t intimately familiar with Pokémon anatomy/lore.

5. This was done in a style that I wanted. It is not supposed to mirror your favorite Pokémon game.

6. The heights are relative to the Pokedex height and a math curve (More detail in "How I Made This Mod").

7. There were many bugs. I wanted this mod to cater to as many players as possible. Sacrifices had to be made.

8. PokeMMO uses GIF. Transparency in GIF is Binary: on or off. Transparent is invisible. There is no option for translucent/semi-transparent.

9. I will not be updating much past the first week or two of release. I have other jobs and projects. I may return for important reasons or if PokeMMO changes the way they handle mods.
 

Why did you make a mod for a game you don´t play?
It was requested. This is normal. Most developers don´t have time for games.
Why did you spell it reloded instead of reloaded?
It is a reference to my internet handle, the key word is lode: A rich source of something.
Can I join your Clan/Friends?
No (Reason 3)
Can I duel you?
No (Reason 3)
Can you teach me how to program/code/develop/photobash/etc.?
No I already have an apprentice and spend my free time teaching myself new things (Reason 1)
Can you make a special sprite for my favorite Pokémon, X?
No (Reason 2)
Why did/didn´t you make Bulbasaur or other Pokémon's height include his strange appendage sticking out of his back/head?
I felt like it (Reason 4)
Why don´t you include ears in the height?
Same reason as above.
Why aren´t there females?
Don´t give up hope, girls like Pokémon too. (Reason 2)
I can´t see the background through Solosis´s bubble or Pokémon X, why is it not transparent?
You mean translucent. (Reason 8
Umbreon is supposed to glow. Why did you just make it bright?
Post processing glow creates semitransparent pixels of light outside of the 3D model. This would cause a solid background. (Reason 8
Why don´t the VFX loop perfectly?
They were made in a living 3D world, not designed to loop in a GIF.
Why do Quilava and Typhlosion have burst spikes and Cyndaquil is more consistent?
Looping issues. Read question above.
I don´t like Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion, can I have their original naked forms back?
Yes, read "Instructions to replace Cyndaquil line" at the bottom.
Why don´t the colors look like Pokémon SWSH?
I think the world has seen enough white-washing (Reason 5)
Why does the Shiny Hunter version have floating normal Pokémon?
This was done to keep the shiny the same height in both versions. It was either float or sink (Reason 7)
Why are the front sprites lower quality than the back in SD?
This was done to accommodate Shiny Hunters and PvPers by normalizing smaller threshold GIF size (Reason 7)
If Pokémon X is half the height of Pokémon Y, why isn´t he half the size in your mod?
Small Pokémon would be too hard to see in game with real heights. We tested it. A curve was better. (Reason 6)
If Ekans is supposed to be as tall as Venusaur, why did you make him so small?
Based on animal shape, some heights correlate to length.
There is a bug, can you fix it?
Probably not, but while you are playing video games, think about how you would solve the issue and go for it. Or read "Bugs".

insectos

  Revelar contenidos ocultos

Pokeball goes through the floor in HD.
This has to do with the Y-axis alterations. I didn´t design PokeMMO or TWL. Otherwise, I would change the anchor point for GIFs to bottom center.

Pokémon in Pokedex and Evolution screens are huge.
The developers didn´t add the same scaling to these screens as they did Summary. Only they can fix it.

Some Pokémon in the battle summary are huge.
This is because some Pokémon GIFs are huge. The battle summary uses GIF size instead of Summary scaling. Ask the developers to fix it.

There is a random line that appears on the edge/corner of the GIFs.
It happens randomly. The testers weren´t able to test it because it was intermittent.

Some Pokémon float in Shiny Hunters.
This is because some of my GIFs have their Y-Axis increased to keep them above ground as Shiny. There is no separate Y-Axis for Normal and Shiny. Only 16% of the Pokémon are floating.

In the HD version, some of the Pokémon are randomly too far to the right in the summary.
I don´t know what causes this. It is random and different every time I compile the Zip.


Cómo hice este mod

  Revelar contenidos ocultos

All models and textures were ripped from legally owned copies of Pokémon games and from websites that post 3D resources OR made by hand in Blender and photoshop by me.

Pokémon height data was taken from the pokemondb and bulbapedia.


I used the Unity 3D engine to render all of the models/shaders. The sharers and VFX were written by me after watching various YouTube videos (I can recommend Freya Holmér).
Blender was used to fix/adjust/create the Pokémon models and the VFX meshes.
 

PokeMMO uses GIFs. GIFs are antiquated versions of apng and video formats. 
For this, I couldn´t use cool semi-transparent effects. I also couldn´t use Post-Processing like Bloom. Instead I made HDR Intensity lighting on Emissive properties and split 3D models with translucent bubbles into 2 parts. The back would become solid and the front would be semi-transparent.
 

Unity has a wonderful Shader Graph tool that assisted me in the beginning until I found I needed more custom options only available in C#. (Most of those ideas became scraped. All things can be done with graph) I designed a base, metallic, gem, bubble, pearl and fire shader to deal with the many needs of the textures and models.
Using Unity Recorder, every frame was saved as a png.
 

All Pokémon animations were recorded in 4K and then trimmed and resized in Photoshop.
To normalize height into a mathematical formula, all of the GIF heights were set to 500px.
The height scale for the Pokémon is linear but not starting at zero. 

In order to keep the minimum size group of 0.2 meters (Diglett) and the maximum size group of 2.5 meters (Lapras) within a visible spectrum, the testers chose a pixel amount of 63 and 230 respectively. Then I created a formula to plug in Pokémon heights and get a desired pixel count.
pixelHeight =(0.145652*pokeHeight+0.0958696)*500

Because of dead space between the Pokémon head and the top of the GIF, I used a variable (oversized%) to multiply each Pokémon by if such space existed.
pixelHeight =(0.145652*pokeHeight+0.0958696)*500*oversized%
This had adverse effects on snake/fish/length based Pokémon. Onix when stretched from bottom to top of GIF only represents 45% of his total height. In this case I set an IF/THEN and multiplied the height by the Oversized%.
pixelHeight =(0.145652*(pokeHeight*oversized%)+0.0958696)*500
(I do realize that these formulas are not 100% accurate for the results I wanted. But this isn´t a paying job and I have real clients to put that effort into.)
 

This gave me the base value for all of the text documents that handle scaling in Summary, Battle (Front/Back), and Y-Axis coordinates in battle.

Originally all Pokémon were scaled down to their pixel count in summary and battle, but I kept the GIF size of 500. This gave crazy good quality (better than the HD version). 
However, the summary screen had Pokémon floating and sinking all over the box.
The battle summary screen in PvP was unreadable.
I had to make crazy Y-Axis formulas to push the Pokémon up/down based on how I had scaled them.
It also affected the original GIFs in game for shiny hunters, since shiny Pokémon in the mod needed Y-Axis adjustment. Some were sinking in the ground.
This is why the SD was designed.
 

Table-Front-Scale
The game scales combat sprites 2X. I wanted to scale all front sprites to 50%. This way, stretching them 2X is 100% quality.
First I manually changed every Pokémon front sprite to their pixelHeight. The ideal pixel height for the Pokémon to stand on the battle circle is 195px without Y-Axis adjustments. For every Pokémon under 195px, I added deadspace above them (for standing) or (above and below) them (for flyers). 
This solved Pokémon that were too small and needed to be pushed down. Good for Shiny Hunters.
It also made the majority of GIFs small enough to resolve the PvP battle summary issue.
 

Table-Summary-Scale
100% was a little too big for the boxes, so I reduced all Pokémon less than 359px to 90%. Then anyone bigger than 359% was manually changed to 70% or 60%.
This fit a majority of Pokémon into the Summary boxes, while still fitting their height roles.
 

Table-Back-Scale
The back sprites are only used in combat. They are also the closest to the player on the screen. 
I decided to keep the sprites at 500px for the best quality I could and scale them down in the text document so that they would remain the correct pixelHeight.
TRUNC(pixelHeight*0.001),3)
 

Table-Coordinate-Mods
For front sprites: anything at 195px or lower didn´t need adjusting. Anything above this would be bigger and need to be brought up. I tested several heights and created a formula to raise large Pokémon.
Y-Axis = IF(pixelHeight<195,0,TRUNC(0.00267388*pixelHeight-0.506423,2))
For back sprites: Pokémon are all over the place and the formula is more complex.
Y-Axis = TRUNC((0.00253592*pixelHeight-0.508922),3)

Some Pokémon over a certain pixel count (Steelix, Legendaries, etc.) had to be capped in order to remain visible for the player.

 

HD Version
The HD version followed the same process, except all Pokémon at 300 pixelHeight or lower had their GIF set to 300px.
All I had to do was multiply the back scale by 5/3 (500px/300px), since the back sprites are all 500px and the new fronts are 300px.
And divide the pixel height by 300 before multiplying it to the existing Summary formula.

Table-Front-Scale
TRUNC(pixelHeight*0.001*(5/3),3)
Summary
TRUNC((pixelHeight/300)*0.9,2)

 

Instrucciones para reemplazar la línea Cyndaquil

  Revelar contenidos ocultos

Inside all 3 mods are the fire-less versions of the Cyndaquil line. They are named by the Pokémon.
If you rename and replace them with 
pokedexNumber-front/back-normal/shiny like so:
155-front-n
157-back-s
Then overwrite the current version that you don´t like, you can continue the game freely without them.


Descargas (Solo necesitas una)

  Revelar contenidos ocultos

SD Version - MediaFire| SD Version - Mega
Shiny Hunter Version - MediaFire| Shiny Hunter Version - Mega
HD Version - MediaFire| HD Version - Mega


Notas del parche (último: 16/01)

  Revelar contenidos ocultos

16/01/22 - Version 1.1 - Fixed shiny Steelix's sprite size. All three versions had a different size sprite because of a scripting error.



Espero que todos disfruten el mod. Si no lo tienes, siéntete libre de usar el de Verdep. Creo que el suyo es genial.

 

 

Edited by Floppa
Sigue funcionando?
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.