Shiny breeding

Hi,

I would like to start breeding my shinies to 5x31 or at least "semi comp" ivs

I know the normal breeding mechanics and if i'm not mistaken the shiny breeding mechanics are a bit different. I believe because of that, in general people also use other tactic, because there might be higher chance of rolling the high number. 

Is there any guide or any advice on how to breed for 5x31 or 2x31 + 3x25+ shinies? And do you guys have any idea how much it would cost me starting from a 0x31 (shitty ivs) male shiny? 

PS: It are OT shinies and a requirement is to maintain the OT... (i guess this might influence the costs for me)

Edited by Aidos

Hi, I have a lot of experience breeding shinies, and the first thing you have to know is that: When you breed shinies the probability of inheriting a minimum IV does not exist. The breed just can take medium IV or max IV. I don't really know the exact number, but there is a very high probability of inheriting maximums, maybe any other player can help us with the exact number in this probability. 
This can help u to knew, for examplo, if u have a shiny with 15 HP and a breed with 25, your shiny will take 20 or 25, and if u have another to breed it again with 30 HP your shiny can take 25 in the worst case, 27 or 30, all this without breeding items. 
About the price, It depends on how rushed you are to finish and the breeds you get on trade / gtl, egg group, if u want eggmoves, things like that. If u have time and no rush, just try to snipe good breeds with 2 / 3 x25 to start. If u have male shinies just remember u dont need dittos 100%, u can breed with mons in the same evolutive family (if u have a male ralts with OT and breed with a female ralts/kirlia/garde without OT the shiny will keep your OT)

Good luck and I hope u got all max IVs on your breeding!

44 minutes ago, NagaX said:

Hi, I have a lot of experience breeding shinies, and the first thing you have to know is that: When you breed shinies the probability of inheriting a minimum IV does not exist. The breed just can take medium IV or max IV. I don't really know the exact number, but there is a very high probability of inheriting maximums, maybe any other player can help us with the exact number in this probability. 
This can help u to knew, for examplo, if u have a shiny with 15 HP and a breed with 25, your shiny will take 20 or 25, and if u have another to breed it again with 30 HP your shiny can take 25 in the worst case, 27 or 30, all this without breeding items. 

Thanks for the information!! I hope someone can give the numbers of probability...

46 minutes ago, NagaX said:

About the price, It depends on how rushed you are to finish and the breeds you get on trade / gtl, egg group, if u want eggmoves, things like that. If u have time and no rush, just try to snipe good breeds with 2 / 3 x25 to start. 

Okaaaay i'll start with having a look every now and then and just watch breed by breed what the result is...

48 minutes ago, NagaX said:

If u have male shinies just remember u dont need dittos 100%, u can breed with mons in the same evolutive family (if u have a male ralts with OT and breed with a female ralts/kirlia/garde without OT the shiny will keep your OT)

Whaaaat?? That's the first time i hear that, so i don't need any ditto? I thought because i start with male i needed a first breed with ditto to make it female and afterwards i just get males from same egg group

31 minutes ago, Aidos said:

Whaaaat?? That's the first time i hear that, so i don't need any ditto? I thought because i start with male i needed a first breed with ditto to make it female and afterwards i just get males from same egg group

Yep, u just need ditto if (for example) u have a male charmander. U dont wanna use a female charizard to keep your ot, so then ye its better a ditto, but on cheap shinies ye its better get a female of their evolution tree. Anyways, if u still feel insecure about this (absolutly understable) u can go to breeding house, talk with the old man and put both shinies like if u wanna breed, so u can see a preview of the shiny. On their info u can see if he keep your OT or not.

In this picture u can see a preview, male Rapidash with my OT and a female Rapidash without my OT, Ponyta will keep my OT.
afcc104418f196c5bde95810f02d7ad0.png

22 minutes ago, NagaX said:

Yep, u just need ditto if (for example) u have a male charmander. U dont wanna use a female charizard to keep your ot, so then ye its better a ditto, but on cheap shinies ye its better get a female of their evolution tree. Anyways, if u still feel insecure about this (absolutly understable) u can go to breeding house, talk with the old man and put both shinies like if u wanna breed, so u can see a preview of the shiny. On their info u can see if he keep your OT or not.

In this picture u can see a preview, male Rapidash with my OT and a female Rapidash without my OT, Ponyta will keep my OT.

THAAAAAANKS A LOT!!

In shiny breeding, you will get 4x Iv roll for max (including braced IV) instead of 3 max IV

For example, 

31/31/31/X/X/X

X/X/X/31/31/31

Whether you brace or not, you are guaranteed for a 4x31 baby

Ofc we normally don't do this, IT IS MERELY FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES

Details is depends on your current Ivs and breeders available to you

1 hour ago, druido890 said:

I have a question:

What happens to the OT if I breed 2 pokemon with OTs that are not mine?

If are shinies the breed gets "Unknown OT", if are normal mons get your OT with * like "NagaHex*"

4 hours ago, pikabuuh said:

Yooo, I bayleef this is what you are looking for;

https://www.noseblue.cn/#/BreedRate_en

Thanks man! I read it and also used the in game information and i think i understand it now:

If i breed 2 shinies, both with band:

out of the other 4 IVS without band: 2 will be maxed and 2 will be averaged

If i breed 2 shinies, one with band, one with everstone:

of the 5 IVS without band: 2 will be maxed and 2 will be averaged and 1 will be 50/50 max or low

(not planning to breed anything without any band, so didnt pay atention to that option)

(please correct me if i'd be wrong)

Edited by Aidos
On 1/8/2022 at 6:23 PM, Aidos said:

If i breed 2 shinies, one with band, one with everstone:

of the 5 IVS without band: 2 will be maxed and 2 will be averaged and 1 will be 50/50 max or low

Still, 3 out of 5 will be maxed and rest average.

You will not get minimum value for shiny breeds (not sure if it is lucky shiny breed)

Hence, lowest IV you get is average of the two, unless it was intended

Screenshot_20220111_193357_eu.pokemmo.client.thumb.jpg.ce4a4c61e892cc38127c5cf36a04d33d.jpg

57 minutes ago, Riesz said:

Still, 3 out of 5 will be maxed and rest average.

You will not get minimum value for shiny breeds (not sure if it is lucky shiny breed)

Hence, lowest IV you get is average of the two, unless it was intended

Screenshot_20220111_193357_eu.pokemmo.client.thumb.jpg.ce4a4c61e892cc38127c5cf36a04d33d.jpg

But i went to the daycare to put two shinies together and see what the porcentages say and i believe there was a 10% percentage of low roll.. (in a few hours when im home i'll check this again and show you what i mean)

i believe 10% would mean 50% of low roll on one of the five notbanded IVs...

Sooo idk if im mistaken or the percentages of the daycare are wrong or... 

Edited by Aidos
59 minutes ago, Aidos said:

But i went to the daycare to put two shinies together and see what the porcentages say and i believe there was a 10% percentage of low roll.. (in a few hours when im home i'll check this again and show you what i mean)

i believe 10% would mean 50% of low roll on one of the five notbanded IVs...

Sooo idk if im mistaken or the percentages of the daycare are wrong or... 

Hmm please let me know if I'm wrong 

3 hours ago, Riesz said:

Hmm please let me know if I'm wrong 

this is how i understand it in case of everstone+band:

so 1 IV is with the power weight and 100% inherit

leaving out 5 IVS that have this chances:

2 average IVs: 2/5  ivs = 40% average

2 max IVs from better parent: 2/5 = 40%  max

1 "determined normally that will be passed, so not averaged":  50% x 1/5 = 10% max or 50% x 1/5 = 10% min  

image.png.6cd82ac2e926dbc67e6a35291ed1847f.png

Edited by Aidos
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey ! I have a question regarding breeding shiny comp ! I see some Weavile 5x31 natured and shiny selling for 26 m. When you breed "normal pokemon" you need around 31 1x31 to get a 5x31. Usually 1x31 shiny sell at least for 2 m, so the total price would be way above 26 m. So i'm asking  if there is a way to decrease the number of 1x31 needed to breed a 5x31 shiny.

Thanks in advance !

6小时前,astod 说:

Hey ! I have a question regarding breeding shiny comp ! I see some Weavile 5x31 natured and shiny selling for 26 m. When you breed "normal pokemon" you need around 31 1x31 to get a 5x31. Usually 1x31 shiny sell at least for 2 m, so the total price would be way above 26 m. So i'm asking  if there is a way to decrease the number of 1x31 needed to breed a 5x31 shiny.

Thanks in advance !

As discussed above, when you are using brace on both parents and both parent has different IV maxed, there is a 1/6 to get 4x31 and 4/6 to get 3x31.

Says 1.5m per 31 for field group, you have 1/6 chance to get 4x31 with only 6m

Similar chances are for 3x31 parents to get a 5x31 (not natured, 4% chance to get lucky)

Edited by Riesz
Typo
  • 1 year later...
On 1/7/2022 at 6:29 PM, Riesz said:

In shiny breeding, you will get 4x Iv roll for max (including braced IV) instead of 3 max IV

For example, 

31/31/31/X/X/X

X/X/X/31/31/31

Whether you brace or not, you are guaranteed for a 4x31 baby

Ofc we normally don't do this, IT IS MERELY FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES

Details is depends on your current Ivs and breeders available to you

@Riesz

Hey! l would like to know, could I have a 3x31 after try any of these two breeds? Which are better?

(Proposal 1)

My shiny

31/-/30/31/28/31 (Brace last 31)

My breed (1)

30/-/31/31/31/X (Everstone Timid)

I hope that it is a good breed.

If you find it too bad,  please let me know if the breed below is better:

(Proposal 2)

My shiny

31/-/30/31/28/31 (Brace last 31)

My breed (2)

31/-/30/31/31/X (Everstone Timid)

Please let me know which are better. Thank you!

Edited by MightyMichele
34 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

@Riesz

Hey! l would like to know, could I have a 3x31 after try any of these two breeds? Which are better?

(Proposal 1)

My shiny

31/X/30/31/28/31 (Brace last 31)

My breed (1)

30/X/31/31/31/X (Everstone Timid)

I hope that it is a good breed.

If you find it too bad,  please let me know if the breed below is better:

(Proposal 2)

My shiny

31/X/30/31/28/31 (Brace last 31)

My breed (2)

31/X/30/31/31/X (Everstone Timid)

Please let me know which are better. Thank you!

Proposal 1 has following possibilities
30 / 0 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 
30 / 0 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 
30 / 0 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 
30 / 0 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 
31 / 0 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 
31 / 0 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 
31 / 0 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 
31 / 0 / 30 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 
31 / 0 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 

Proposal 2:

personally I would take proposal 1 because it has a 10% chance at 5x31 while proposal 2 will always have 30 def.
but in pvp practice, having 31 hp might be more important if you are planning on spending 4 ev on hp.

Edited by ScizorX