Matchmaking season (rewards)

Aidos

Hello, i have 2 questions about matchmaking, because i would like to go for a seasonal reward.

First one is about the seasons. How long is one season? For example in the image it says the rewards expire in 7 days, so this means in 7 days a new season start? 

Second question is, i saw some seasonal rewards return. For example the aura cap is a seasonal reward now and was a reward in a previous season too. Do they always return in the same tier?

image.png.88291ee179b7db93afb73230ca15efdd.png

1 hour ago, Aidos said:

Hello, i have 2 questions about matchmaking, because i would like to go for a seasonal reward.

First one is about the seasons. How long is one season? For example in the image it says the rewards expire in 7 days, so this means in 7 days a new season start? 

Each season lasts for 3 months:

Winter Season: January - March (Winter Crown tournaments take place end of March / beginning of April)

Spring Season: April - June (Spring Crown tournaments take place end of June / beginning of July)

Summer Season: July - September (Summer Crown tournaments take place end of September / beginning of October)

Autumn Season: October - December (Autumn Crown tournaments take place end of December / beginning of January)

Regarding the crown tournaments, the first weekend tiers are Dubs / OU, and then NU / UU.

Your image is the matchmaking rewards, which is completely different. These rewards consist of items and an untradeable 2x31 4x25 budget comp, which expires every 14 days (2 weeks). This does not affect your ELO and rankings and does not affect your progress in obtaining the PvP hat.

1 hour ago, Aidos said:

Second question is, i saw some seasonal rewards return. For example the aura cap is a seasonal reward now and was a reward in a previous season too. Do they always return in the same tier?

Each season (3 months) the hat changes, but it repeats as a cycle, meaning that there is always a chance to obtain the same hat. Usually players grind different tiers to obtain all the hats, as you need approximately 300 wins.

If I'm correct the hat returns approximately once a year.

23 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Your image is the matchmaking rewards, which is completely different. These rewards consist of items and an untradeable 2x31 4x25 budget comp, which expires every 14 days (2 weeks). This does not affect your ELO and rankings and does not affect your progress in obtaining the PvP hat.

Each season (3 months) the hat changes, but it repeats as a cycle, meaning that there is always a chance to obtain the same hat. Usually players grind different tiers to obtain all the hats, as you need approximately 300 wins.

If I'm correct the hat returns approximately once a year.

So if i understand it correctly:
I gain points every duel i win, with which i can buy the matchmaking rewards (left side of my image). This rewards change every two weeks.

However my points for the seasonal reward (hat) keep adding up the entire season (3 months), even if i use points to get the matchmaking rewards.

So the only question i still have is, when a hat returns as a reward, does it return in the same tier?