vanity item and ditto catch rate suggestion

Theet

Question

Hi everybody, 

I just started playing this game again recently and just wanted to throw out 2 ideas I've been thinking about. The first is that I would like to see vanity items to be untradeable someday. Actually just having all items found in the gift shop that you can buy with real money to be unsellable and untradeable would be nice. I am only saying this because I feel like it is unfair to be able to spend money in real life and then just get super rich in the game without even having to play lol. I am saying this because I brought 4 doctor plague masks on the gift shop during that Halloween 2 or 3 years ago. I got 2 white and 2 black masks and now combined it's all worth like $250 million. AND it's only going up! there are plenty of vanity items like this and it requires no playtime or anything to get rich in this game or have other valuable items now. I know I'm kind of a hypocrite because i literally did it myself and got pretty rick in 2 years, but honestly, I would even be willing to lose the money i got from the sold ones and just have to keep the ones I didn't sell as locked items so the game is more fair. I'm sure others have thought the vanity item stuff is unfair too, and I have heard that the reason they allow this to happen is because it helps the game get donations and money that it needs. I understand there are funds you guys need and that mods do a great job here, but don't you think it's more fun for everyone if the game was more fair and leveled out in this regard? Personally, I do, and that's why I wanted to make this suggestion.

My second suggestion is a shorter one. Can we please make transform rules for ditto's catch rate regular again. I feel like shiny hunting doing the egg process is already a very long a difficult process. did we really have to make catching dittos and farming them into so much work? is there any chance i can just use false swipe with my swablu, have ditto transform, and then use a $200 pokeball on that ditto transformed into a swablu and always catch it on my firsst try? xD This might be unreasonable to some but i would love to farm dittos at a faster and cheaper rate, even if that means the values of dittos themselves go down. 

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, Theet said:

just having all items found in the gift shop that you can buy with real money to be unsellable and untradeable would be nice

I dont disagree with this by any means, the less p2w the better imo. Some dudes come in and drop $2k in one sitting (no joke) on the gift shop and trade it all in vouchers for 1 big ticket item. I do want to quickly point out tho that the game used to be the way youre suggesting back in 2013 so update-wise it would be going backwards. Devs arent usually all about reverting changes they intentionally made. For that reason alone theres a 99% chance this wont happen, not even considering how this game makes money and is still playable nearly 10 years later due to donations