January 2022-Movement Discussion Thread

Slowbro to UU .. 
what i can say slowbro doesn't affect the NU game like dugtrio did .. sharpedo wallbreaks it, feraligatr has crunch , blaziken hp grass or u-turn ... it s overly used in NU yeah, lately many trick room teams uses it with life orb, it makes it a great sweeper... so FAREWELL SLOWBRO.. SLOWKING will miss u

Goodbye Slowbro -Pokemon Go-

Slowbro has risen...
Goodbye boring wall that only knows how to use Toxic or Future Sight.

About the rest:

• Torkoal: won't do anything in OU, I doubt it can last a season. But, this impacts sun teams in the UU negatively, making pokes that were part of the tier, but didn't work without Torkoal setting Sunlight, will now drop tier, as they are likely to do nothing in OU, especially with competition with Pelliper

• Heracross: No comments, good stallbreak, only one season on Over Used and it has already dropped again, because of competition with Darmanitan. Under Used: Absolute Meta. Over Used: Cannot stand a chance.

• Mandibuzz and Slowbro:  Extremely dangerous, I think they will be used well in cores or compete to see who will be the team's wall. The stall, will reign in the UU, because wall option is no longer a problem. But the tier is dead, so hardly one of them will drop tier, because it won't take many matches to beat the usage needed to stay. the max is Mandibuzz return to OU

• Gligar: One Physical Wall fall, other enter to replace. However, this wall cannot do nothing against ice, and Frosslass has been so used...

• Aerodactly: This one is going to fight Archeops for a spot on the team. Both play the same role. However, Aero comes from a higher tier and has a good ability, unlike Archeops. So whoever uses Archeops will switch him to Aerodactyl on the team.

Munya, can send the Dex Updates, from NU and Untiered, to see who can no longer be used in UT Unoffical Championships, and who mons can now be used?

Note: Porygon-Z have less chance to be banned, one check from him returned to UU.

Edited by caioxlive13
3 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Slowbro has risen...

About the rest:

• Torkoal: won't do anything in OU, I doubt it can last a season. But, this impacts sun teams in the UU negatively, making pokes that were part of the tier, but didn't work without Torkoal setting Sunlight, will now drop tier, as they are likely to do nothing in OU, especially with competition with Pelliper

• Heracross: No comments, good stallbreak, only one season on Over Used and it has already dropped again, because of competition with Darmanitan. Under Used: Absolute Meta. Over Used: Cannot stand a chance.

• Mandibuzz and Slowbro:  Extremely dangerous, I think they will be used well in cores or compete to see who will be the team's wall. The stall, will reign in the UU. But the tier is dead, so hardly one of them will drop tier, because it won't take many matches to beat the usage needed to stay. the max is Mandibuzz return to OU

• Gligar: One Physical Wall fall, other enter to replace. However, this wall cannot do nothing against ice, and Frosslass has been so used...

• Aerodactly: This one is going to fight Archeops for a spot on the team. Both play the same role. However, Aero comes from a higher tier and has a good ability, unlike Archeops. So whoever uses Archeops will switch him to Aerodactyl on the team.

Munya, can send the Dex Updates, from NU and Untiered, to see who can no longer be used in UT Unoffical Championships, and who mons can now be used?

"Won't do anything in OU"? Dude, the current top1 is spamming torkoal+darma and we can say that thanks to him and his clones, torkoal got a higher % usage, any OU Matchmaking player knows that. This team is actually quite consistent and second in spam only to those togekiss+reuniclus+dugdrio teams. Torkoal is specific for that team, it isnt a pick you can put everywhere like garchomp lol.
Heracross is in the same category, it can be used with rain comps to kill ghost walls such as cofa/jelli (that usually handle a little bit with tops) with SD Night slash burn, but you wont see him in random compositions, again, its specific use.
You need to understand that people are starting to spectating matches and using the sharingan, for the guy who only wants to farm some BP, he doesnt care about it.

4 minutes ago, Meltdown said:

"Won't do anything in OU"? Dude, the current top1 is spamming torkoal+darma and we can say that thanks to him and his clones, torkoal got a higher % usage.

Torkoal is a good mon, but users will need to care about Hippowdon, Tyranitar and Pelliper. Climatic Battle, and in case of sandstorm, the situation is worse, because sand teams can have Dual Setters. 

About heracross, is a good stallbreak? yes. But, he compete the place with darmanitan. Because this reason, he don't stand a chance in OU.

Edited by caioxlive13
24 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Good to know that, after ruining UU for 8 months, P-Z is finally getting voted on. Too bad we have absolutely no clue what TC is thinking regarding the matter. It would have been nice to have a chance to change their mind in the event they want to keep P-Z in UU longer. 

However, ask public opinion now about UU is literally talk with a wall(not a pokémon wall , a wall in your house.). Tier desert + Xmas Event running.

Will need to ask only after 05th January

Edited by caioxlive13
32 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Good to know that, after ruining UU for 8 months, P-Z is finally getting voted on. Too bad we have absolutely no clue what TC is thinking regarding the matter. It would have been nice to have a chance to change their mind in the event they want to keep P-Z in UU longer. 

On 10/31/2021 at 7:34 AM, gbwead said:

Imagine Adaptability xD

Imagine actually contributing to the discussion thread to maybe see where they stand on things.

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

8 months wasn't enough? I'll let the lads know.

2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Torkoal is a good mon, but users will need to care about Hippowdon, Tyranitar and Pelliper. Climatic Battle, and in case of sandstorm, the situation is worse, because sand teams can have Dual Setters. 

About heracross, is a good stallbreak? yes. But, he compete the place with darmanitan. Because this reason, he don't stand a chance in OU.

my man, Tork isn't just a weather setter much like the other setters. if you played any of the official/fan games or tiers you would know that weather vs weather is universally known, may the better player win.

Heracross + Darm can't mix, Especially sun teams. 
Just like Meltdown explained, Hera is suitable in rain teams. i know this because i've run it in rain to deal with Jelli/Cofa/Reuni with some support of the team, while not limited: helps put pressure on intimidate/ opposing weather setter mons, fun fact tork is one of the setters that can force heracross out, the rest either die or too slow without item or stat drop specifics/modifications.

11 hours ago, Munya said:

All usage based movements, they are above or below the 4.36% cutoff point in their respective tiers.  We will also be conducting the vote on Porygon-Z in UU this month.

To OU:

Torkoal

To UU from OU:

Heracross

Mandibuzz

To UU from NU

Slowbro

To NU from UU

Gligar

Aerodactyl

Jan: slowbru uu, Feb: Slowbro nu, March: Slowbro uu: Apr: slowbro nu, May: slowbro uu, June: slowbro nu, July: slowbro uu, august: slowbro nu, sept : slowbro uu

oct: slowbro: nu, nov: slowbro uu, dec: slowbro nu

why dis poke is so bit**ed? lf eternal BL2

7 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Slowbro has risen...

About the rest:

• Mandibuzz and Slowbro:  Extremely dangerous, I think they will be used well in cores or compete to see who will be the team's wall. The stall, will reign in the UU, because wall option is no longer a problem. But the tier is dead, so hardly one of them will drop tier, because it won't take many matches to beat the usage needed to stay. the max is Mandibuzz return to OU

Note: Porygon-Z have less chance to be banned, one check from him returned to UU.

Ty bro

Thankfully things settled down and we didn't see Pokemon like Mantine in UU (don't get me wrong, a good Pokemon but bad in this meta), but please consider this going forwards Munya:

Anyway the only annoying Pokemon which will be annoying to deal with is Mandibuzz in UU - hopefully this rises back to OU pretty soon.

2 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

Jan: slowbru uu, Feb: Slowbro nu, March: Slowbro uu: Apr: slowbro nu, May: slowbro uu, June: slowbro nu, July: slowbro uu, august: slowbro nu, sept : slowbro uu

oct: slowbro: nu, nov: slowbro uu, dec: slowbro nu

why dis poke is so bit**ed? lf eternal BL2

Wasn't there a yoyo rule in place to avoid this?

7 hours ago, Munya said:

Imagine actually contributing to the discussion thread to maybe see where they stand on things.

1. I contributed over a entire page of discussion which you deleted because according to you my opinion only derails from the actually important conversations.

2. "Imagine adaptability" is actually a comment contributing to the thread because all the calcs JJ made would be invalidated if P-Z was using the right ability.

3. No one has said anything since November 13th in that thread, so my point about not knowing what to argue against stands.

On another note, it's pretty sad that Heracross is dropping to UU right when Gligar is dropping to NU. This pretty much guarantees that Gligar will stay NU only for 3 months.

6 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Real talk though, Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are the most toxic cancer around right?

Nope. Toxic Stall, especially against Hyper Offense teams(Normally have 1-2 mons with taunt, and not all mons) is more worse. Because this reason, is better use Gengar, and put Trick Specs and Nasty Plot if needed(Don't be a stupid to nasty plot when you have specs. Trick and lock a wall, and then buff, while your opponent is wasting PP or Switching Out)

7 hours ago, Kupokun said:

my man, Tork isn't just a weather setter much like the other setters. if you played any of the official/fan games or tiers you would know that weather vs weather is universally known, may the better player win.

Heracross + Darm can't mix, Especially sun teams. 
Just like Meltdown explained, Hera is suitable in rain teams. i know this because i've run it in rain to deal with Jelli/Cofa/Reuni with some support of the team, while not limited: helps put pressure on intimidate/ opposing weather setter mons, fun fact tork is one of the setters that can force heracross out, the rest either die or too slow without item or stat drop specifics/modifications.

Not quite. In Climatic battle, there is a rule: Whoever loses all the pokes that set the weather first, loses the fight. That's why torkoal doesn't stand a chance in OU, because the tier has Tytar and Hippowdon. Two sandstorm setters. That is, even if the sun team ends up with one of the setters, they still have the other to deal with, and certainly at that point, the torkoal will be almost dead, and it can't heal except with Wish, coming from a teammate.

And about Heracross, I never said he's teamed up with Darmanitan. What I said was that they both play for the same spot on the team, and most of the time, darmanitan is more preferred to use. Heracross, is specific use. Unlike Darmanitan, that can be used on too much teams, is extremely versatile .

Edited by caioxlive13
15 hours ago, Munya said:

All usage based movements, they are above or below the 4.36% cutoff point in their respective tiers.  We will also be conducting the vote on Porygon-Z in UU this month.

To OU:

Torkoal

To UU from OU:

Heracross

Mandibuzz

To UU from NU

Slowbro

To NU from UU

Gligar

Aerodactyl

Can send to us the Dex Updates? Who one fall to UT and other that are going up to NU?