Make it limited.

TipsyTurvy

Question

4 minutes ago, awkways said:

Honestly none of this even matters. the ppl who wanna invest in rising vanities still will, others will complain about those who do bc its ez monies. Its not rocket science to put aside money now to have more money later and its pretty easy to tell whats gonna rise or not. Mostly just by looking at the tag

imo the real problem is just theres absolutley no consistancy with the seasonal tag. some items with the seasonal tag like santa hat come back every year, without fail, while others like red dragon mask/body/tail or torch/pitchfork havent returned since their debut 1.5 to 3 years ago. Either fix the tag so it means the same thing for all vanities with it or dont use it at all

sorry pal, aren't you rich? your opinion doesn't matter

I mean, we just need to stay afk in vermilion, that being limited or not wont affect the so called "rich" you guys are talking about, cause the increase rate of older items is just way better now(GDM is a beautiful anomaly, in terms of % increase base). Tbh this will affect the players that are getting some pokeyen and starting the vanityMMO, cause they'll have nothing to invest in until the next event.

All I see is rich people crying though. Look, if no vanities are limited, there is no "vanityMMO" = all your rant about poor players are more victim about this is meaningless. Because it doesn't have to be that way, this game doesn't have to turn into vanityMMO any more than the way it is now, cos it's fucked up and boring. All your rant is just assuming poor player have to accept playing by your rules and playing your "vanityMMO" but what if they don't have to if another game is possible ?

Let this cool vanity accessible to every player. 

1 hour ago, Poufilou said:

All I see is rich people crying though. Look, if no vanities are limited, there is no "vanityMMO" = all your rant about poor players are more victim about this is meaningless. Because it doesn't have to be that way, this game doesn't have to turn into vanityMMO any more than the way it is now, cos it's fucked up and boring. All your rant is just assuming poor player have to accept playing by your rules and playing your "vanityMMO" but what if they don't have to if another game is possible ?

Let this cool vanity accessible to every player. 

You are getting one part of that wrong. We don't make the rules, dude, we just dance according to the music. I'm not saying that they have to accept that, but i don't believe that limited vanities will cease to exist and as everybody knows, they are (with some exceptions) a long term investment. I don't know what the others think about it, but what i'm trying to explain is that limited vanities are cool for people that have saved some cash and want to make some long term profits. I'm not saying "poor players" are victims as if i am some kind of guardian of something, all i say is that emergent players will be the most affected ones, and that's just true. You have the right to think that this is "boring", but the game is not just about it and you have plenty options to have fun, you can shiny hunt/pvp or you can just buy the limited you want before it gets too manipulated, cause eventually it will, and that happens with every game with limited stuff.

I've never said that's not the case. I'm saying it sucks. Keep your hands off this cool vanity for the greater good of all players. You said you make profit anyways aye ? "Emergent" players can wait or maybe they can just play the game and make more money like anyone should. 

4 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

I've never said that's not the case. I'm saying it sucks. Keep your hands off this cool vanity for the greater good of all players. You said you make profit anyways aye ? "Emergent" players can wait or maybe they can just play the game and make more money like anyone should. 

Imo It will probably stay as seasonal, so relax :3 , i was just talking about the overall.

5 hours ago, Poufilou said:

this game doesn't have to turn into vanityMMO any more than the way it is now, cos it's fucked up and boring.

To summarize your arguments so far;

- rich people suck

- vanities suck

- i think something is boring so everyone must agree

5 hours ago, Poufilou said:

if no vanities are limited, there is no "vanityMMO"

I agree we should have other valuable items besides just vanities, but eliminating the existence of limited items would skyrocket the price of the old limited items and just accomplish the opposite of what you're arguing. Nobody would be able to afford the old items and there would be no new items worth buying. This idea that vanities are just for the ultra wealthy to get richer is so far from how they're viewed by a lot of players. There are people with 10m total who make it their prime goal to acquire an item like a Reaper Hood and spend their entire gt working towards it, there are people with 100m who make it their sole purpose to acquire a Scythe because it's their favorite item. It's no different than grinding towards a specific cape in Runescape or mount in WoW. These are heavily desired items that a lot of people make their goal for playing the game, if you value other things that's fine but gatekeeping what the majority of the community values is pretty odd. 

47 minutes ago, Paul said:

gatekeeping what the majority of the community values is pretty odd. 

That's pretty much what you want by desiring a vanity to be limited. 

I love vanities and I'm very much a man of fashion. I wouldn't care at all if there was all of a sudden no limited and it would not affect poor/middle players at all because anything old is so overpriced not anyone can buy it with in-game money-making methods in a lifetime. 

I just want to show that rich players here would jump on anything to hoard stuff and abuse it to secure their shitty pride or whatever since they mostly don't play the game other than afking.

Let the players play and be able to obtain good stuff with their well-earned money. 

Also Paul you are still acting like every players like the way things and economy are now and would follow the ideal path to make money. We'll, sorry to say, but some players out here rather just play the game and be decent rich than going out of their way for a grind unhealthy for community. The rich will keep being rich and a change won't change that. Give up on them pigs. I'm looking for the better of he community overall. 

this thread is just asking people to make more money lol. i also think rich people don't care about this item that much. but making this item rare is annoying for new players that start playing next year cuz they can't afford this item most likely. and about expensive items new players can't afford those anyways i really like the ghost costume but i know it's impossible to get for me. the ghost costume going 100m up is pretty much irrelevant for me. 

Edited by Quinn010
1 hour ago, Poufilou said:

I wouldn't care at all if there was all of a sudden no limited and it would not affect poor/middle players at all

This isn't true at all. The people with billions of dollars wouldn't just cease to exist, they would just find other items to dump their cash into and then poor/middle class players wouldn't be able to afford those items anymore either. The money won't just disappear if they stop investing/making limited items.

2 hours ago, Poufilou said:

I just want to show that rich players here would jump on anything to hoard stuff and abuse it to secure their shitty pride or whatever since they mostly don't play the game other than afking.

I doubt this is directed specifically at me because none of this applies to me, so I don't understand why you have to make stereotypes and assumptions about other people instead of just talking about the subject itself. How much money someone has and how they spend it should be up to them, and if people take risks hoarding items, that's their risk. Mage's Staff was 4.5m each during the final day of Halloween until they extended the event 24 hours & it flopped to 2m. There are people who hoarded the item and lost 100m+ and that's just part of the risk vs reward of playing that way. 

This thread has gone away from the topic around this specific item and more towards investing/limited items/wealth as a whole. One thing I'll agree with is that vanity items shouldn't be the only thing worth playing for once you get to a certain point, but unfortunately if you don't care about PvP there really isn't anything to dump money into, and that's a larger problem that doesn't seem to ever be addressed because it's a 'rich person' problem to have. 

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

It's also true that none of this actually matters, they'll never change this item, and they'll never stop making limited-time items. We are arguing just for the sake of arguing & boredom. 

You just lost your spot in verm ch1, come back

I am playing in character that allows me to speak shit to rich players they need to hear once in a while. You're missing the point if you think me talking about rich is derailing, because all I'm saying is that this is a suggestion of rich people crying so they can make more money and fuck everyone else up. Again, let this vanity accessible to most. 

Edited by Poufilou
11 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

I am playing in character that allows me to speak shit to rich players they need to hear once in a while. You're missing the point if you think me talking about rich is derailing, because all I'm saying is that this is a suggestion of rich people crying so they can make more money and fuck everyone else up. Again, let this vanity accessible to most. 

im poor, and i have it, i want it limited so i keep and be rich ez

Now that we know event items are limited not releasing a gift shop limited only dampens P2W, which I applaud.

Moreover, gift shop limited items were becoming kinda common. Bear in mind that the next event is coming in under two months.

Very happy to see people roam around in Christmas Sleigh. It's cheerful and perfectly balanced with the holiday vibes.

This game's Christmas side is dark enough already, where instead of handing out free goodies Santa Claus expects children to fight murderous robots.

The joy this item is bringing to people is amazing. We need to leave this item as is so that this joy can be experienced by all each year.