Make it limited.

TipsyTurvy

Question

Seeing such a good item have it's potential wasted is unfortunate given how many limited-time items are disappointing. The overall quality of vanity items seem to be fine but they hinder their own value by giving their items the wrong seasonal/event/limited tag every time. I felt the same way about the Mage Hat/Staff and even if a slim chance, hope they switch this to limited. 

6 hours ago, Poufilou said:

Because Santa comes back every year duh

Love seeing all the rich hoarders getting pissed about that personally. Fuck vanity market, go sweat you filthy rich 

The event/seasonal items along with the xmas presents/goodie bags have always been cheap & accessible items for newer players to make a profit from, while limited-time items have been what the wealthier players invest in. If you don't add any new limited-time item, those wealthy players will just dump their cash into the event/seasonal items making it more expensive for those newer players, especially when it's an item as desirable as this one is. You're not owning the rich by decreasing the value of your best items. If anything, they will still horde this item and sell it in 8 months at prices that poorer players still can't afford. All this accomplishes is hurting the potential of your item and making it more difficult for newer players to invest in anything. 

54 minutes ago, Paul said:

The event/seasonal items along with the xmas presents/goodie bags have always been cheap & accessible items for newer players to make a profit from, while limited-time items have been what the wealthier players invest in. If you don't add any new limited-time item, those wealthy players will just dump their cash into the event/seasonal items making it more expensive for those newer players, especially when it's an item as desirable as this one is. You're not owning the rich by decreasing the value of your best items. If anything, they will still horde this item and sell it in 8 months at prices that poorer players still can't afford. All this accomplishes is hurting the potential of your item and making it more difficult for newer players to invest in anything. 

You be richsplaining me bro

Obviously what is in your interest is in the interest of everyone because that's convenient. How about we seize ur vanities and redistribute the money huh 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

If you don't add any new limited-time item, those wealthy players will just dump their cash into the event/seasonal items making it more expensive for those newer players, especially when it's an item as desirable as this one is. You're not owning the rich by decreasing the value of your best items. If anything, they will still horde this item and sell it in 8 months at prices that poorer players still can't afford. All this accomplishes is hurting the potential of your item and making it more difficult for newer players to invest in anything. 

I have to slightly disagree with this point here, depending on how rich the player is they can just invest in older vanities (e.g. Red Reaper Hood) where they'll see a massive spike a lot quicker, compared to seasonal items which will always have the possibility of returning at some point.

38 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

How about we seize ur vanities and redistribute the money huh 

So you're basically encouraging Communism / Marxism - that's always worked out in real life huh? (I'm on the neutral side here by the way).

22 minutes ago, Imperial said:

I have to slightly disagree with this point here, depending on how rich the player is they can just invest in older vanities (e.g. Red Reaper Hood) where they'll see a massive spike a lot quicker, compared to seasonal items which will always have the possibility of returning at some point.

So you're basically encouraging Communism / Marxism - that's always worked out in real life huh? (I'm on the neutral side here by the way).

"Marxism is where you redistribute pokemmo vanities, and its more marxist the more vanities you redistribute, and when you redistribute a real lot of vanities, its communism" XxRichardWolffxX.

1 hour ago, Poufilou said:

You be richsplaining me bro

Obviously what is in your interest is in the interest of everyone because that's convenient.

I try to base my opinions on what would benefit the overall player base, but rich players are a large part of that and if that upsets you, I don't know what to tell you. The entire post you're quoting is me explaining why in my opinion, not having a limited-time item does hurt the everyday 'poor' player. If that comes off as me arguing in favor of rich players getting richer, then you either aren't very smart or my ability to sense sarcasm is at an all time low. 

'poor' players will never close the gap between them and the wealthy players if they have nothing to invest money into. By having another 4~ month gap between limited items (Halloween/October-CNY/February) you're ensuring 'poor' players have no chance of investing, while the old items continue to rise in price and the rich get richer. 

Half-truth, half-sarcasm, obviously I'm memeing but what you're doing Paul is just explaining why things would work well in a system that is already in your favor. If there was another system (aka another market of significance other than vanity that is more fair for example) then you wouldn't have to justify trying to keep your advantage by saying hey that's how it works bro. It can work otherwise and yall rich vanity pigs hoarders can keep talking about economy and all, it will always be for your own benefit at the end. 

Don't get offended at my harsh words, for they are true, don't read hatred or anything, I just want to say I enjoy seeing rich players that do nothing in this game struggling a slight bit to make profit this year 

32 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

I just want to say I enjoy seeing rich players that do nothing in this game struggling a slight bit to make profit this year 

Red/Black Reaper Hoods, GDM, and Plague Masks have more than doubled in price this year. Rich players are not struggling whatsoever to make profit. again, this is more about the people who don't have those items and now don't have anything to invest in until February. 

"Investing" in other words abusing an unessential feature to get around actually playing the game in order to make boatloads of money.

Of all the people calling for this item to be made limited, how many are the new players that you claim are being harmed by this? None. You don't need anymore than 10M at a time in this game to have literally anything you want besides artificially inflated scalped garbage cosmetics or the UNKNOWN OT shinies those scalpers sell on the side.

Hey Mr. Wallstreet, how about you go catch a fucking pokemon in a pokemon game every once in a while?

I think turning cute into limited item, and not so cute as seasonal, is not a good idea. After all, it would mean people not giving value to seasonal items, and everyone would only buy limited items, thus making them take time to get expensive, as demand would outstrip supply. At the same time, it would make the seasonals cheap, as they are not so pretty, no one would be interested in them, and the price would drop in a desperate attempt to sell it, increasing demand with every event the item appear. when demand > offer , the price will go up. When offer > demand, prices will drop.

Edited by caioxlive13
7 hours ago, Paul said:

If you don't add any new limited-time item, those wealthy players will just dump their cash into the event/seasonal items making it more expensive for those newer players, especially when it's an item as desirable as this one is. You're not owning the rich by decreasing the value of your best items. If anything, they will still horde this item and sell it in 8 months at prices that poorer players still can't afford. All this accomplishes is hurting the potential of your item and making it more difficult for newer players to invest in anything. 

In fact, the exact opposite would occur. If a lot of rich people buy the item to sell, and demand doesn't move, the rich will compete on price to see who sells. This makes the item drop in price. It makes the younger ones farm less, but the items are accessible for them, because being a seasonal item, it comes back sooner or later, so the price doesn't go up much.

3 hours ago, concernedcitizen said:

"Investing" in other words abusing an unessential feature to get around actually playing the game in order to make boatloads of money.

Of all the people calling for this item to be made limited, how many are the new players that you claim are being harmed by this? None. You don't need anymore than 10M at a time in this game to have literally anything you want besides artificially inflated scalped garbage cosmetics or the UNKNOWN OT shinies those scalpers sell on the side.

Hey Mr. Wallstreet, how about you go catch a fucking pokemon in a pokemon game every once in a while?

Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn GIFs | Tenor

Honestly none of this even matters. the ppl who wanna invest in rising vanities still will, others will complain about those who do bc its ez monies. Its not rocket science to put aside money now to have more money later and its pretty easy to tell whats gonna rise or not. Mostly just by looking at the tag

imo the real problem is just theres absolutley no consistancy with the seasonal tag. some items with the seasonal tag like santa hat come back every year, without fail, while others like red dragon mask/body/tail or torch/pitchfork havent returned since their debut 1.5 to 3 years ago. Either fix the tag so it means the same thing for all vanities with it or dont use it at all

4 hours ago, concernedcitizen said:

This is very good bait