[REQUEST] Could someone make a music mod where battle music won't trigger?

Dear modders,

I don't know how to make mods and I won't pretend to, so I have a small request. Can someone please make a mod where the ambient music keeps playing instead of battle music triggering? I'm using the music overhaul mod which has really nice music, but it's really annoying when it gets interrupted by the stressful battle music, especially in wild encounters.

Hopefully this is possible and I will be forever thankful if someone would make this ?

Unfortunately, this isn't possible with the current modding tools.

The only permission we get is to replace a specific track with another specific track, but we don't get to, say, write any code.

The best workaround for you is probably completely mute the ingame bgm, leave sfx on, and just listen to music of your choice.

16 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Unfortunately, this isn't possible with the current modding tools.

The only permission we get is to replace a specific track with another specific track, but we don't get to, say, write any code.

The best workaround for you is probably completely mute the ingame bgm, leave sfx on, and just listen to music of your choice.

Okay too bad, thanks for replying. Thing is I really do want to use the music mod cause the tracks fit really well with the locations. Would be great to have an option for continuing ambient music in stead of triggering battle music. 

But yeah I understand it's not possible, I'll just have to live with it I guess ?

9 hours ago, BuurmanJuan said:

Okay too bad, thanks for replying. Thing is I really do want to use the music mod cause the tracks fit really well with the locations. Would be great to have an option for continuing ambient music in stead of triggering battle music. 

But yeah I understand it's not possible, I'll just have to live with it I guess ?

You could always make a silent track, or whatever you want it to play instead, and replace the battle one with that

2 hours ago, BuurmanJuan said:

That would be second best option yeah. I have no idea how make mods though, so would be great if someone could make that 

I understand what you need but for that, you need to mess with the code of the game, and that knoledge, only a few here would know how to do it, and they wouldnt even care about making that single little tweak that you need, I really suggest you do what Eggplant says, that actually works really fine as you can mute the music of the game alone, and let everything else like effect or notifications sounds and play the music you like on background, if you have a low end PC i suggest you use winamp classic, good luck and happy holydays

• 2 months later...