Experiments on the asterisk (*) added to OT when breeding. Questions and results:

Ok guys Goomb here. Not too long ago some people on the Patrouski discord asked questions on the * and breeding process and I wanted to experiment with it and ask some extra questions myself.

So I compiled some questions on the * and did some experiments to test them out. Thanks to Gix's DM and Alaknight for helping me in this x).

The * appears when u breed a pokemon whos main parents was not ur OT AND not registered in your deck. This * however does NOT show up for someone else if you trade the pokemon to them. This made me question how to get rid of an * once placed on a pokemon. Is it even possible?

This video by Gixmurgan creates 3 scenario's on this topic and answers 3 questions:

However, I was still left with questions after this video. (But thanks to Gix for the vid and the experiments!)

Now onto my experiments:

These were my testers/base:

Breeding a maril with two non-OT to generate an asterisk

The dex after this

For this research, I bred three OT* marils.

Question 1: What happens to the * when u catch an OT pokemon after u bred an * one, will the asterisk dissapear on the bred one?

Answer 1: No. The * does not dissapear. Despite you now having maril as an OT registered pokemon

Question 2: If u then evolve the bred * pokemon WITHOUT having its evolved form as a caught mon in ur dex, will it still have OT* and count as a traded evolution despite you having the base form now in the dex?

Answer 2: No. Evolving a pokemon with an * does not get rid of the *, despite you having the base form now as a caught pokemon. Instead you get a blue border/traded evo in the dex and * on the evolved * pokemon.

Question 3: If u evolve the caught OT pokemon (register its evolved form in the dex), will the previously evolved * pokemon now have its * removed?

Answer 3: No. Despite you now having both pokemon registered in the dex, the * does not get removed from the original * pokemon.

Question 4: If u evolve the caught OT pokemon (register its evolved form in the dex), and THEN evolve the * pokemon, will the * in the bred and evolved pokemon dissapear, as u already have the evolved form registered when u evolve the * pokemon?

Answer 4: No. The * remains, even if the evolved form is already in the dex.

Question 5: If u breed a pokemon to have an *, then catch the pokemon to register it in your dex/as your OT WHILE the egg is in egg form and THEN hatch if after catching the OT pokemon, will the egg have *?

Answer 5: YES, this means the egg * is generated at the START of ur breed and this creates a funny scenario where theres a * despite the pokemon clearly having been hatched AFTER it was registered in the dex.

ImageImage

Question 6: What happens when u trade an * mon and then receive it back, will u still see the *?

Answer 6: YES. The * remained on my screen, yet cannot be seen by the person I traded the mon to.

Question 7: What happens when u breed the *mon with an NON-OT poke. Will the bred (and registered pokemon) now have an *?

Answer 7: No. The * is removed when u breed a pokemon you have already registered with two OT* pokemon or TWO non-OT pokemon

Conlusion

The answer is: Nothing will remove the * on a pokemon once it is generated at breeding stage. The only way to get rid of an * is to breed the pokemon once uve registered it in ur dex.

Edited by Goombakid

Have one way to eliminate OT* , that are breeding a species that you already have in your dex, but remember: You need to register the species that will hatch from egg. Example: If you breed a Female Pikachu non-OT with another non-OT, but have Pikachu registered OT in your dex, will not make any diferençe and the kid will come with OT*, but if you have a Pichu registered OT in your dex(When you breed Pikachu/Raichu, the egg comes a Pichu Egg.), it will come with clean OT instead.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:02 PM, Riesz said:

There is another way to remove * without catching the mon.

I bred a Riesz* mon

I change my name to RRiesz

The Riesz* is now Riesz (no longer seen)

But this is costly for sure ?

True ahhaha, but if u think about it then now ur OT is RRiesz and therefore its not an OT mon anymore, but yeah that is indeed a way to also get rid of the * permanently

On 12/13/2021 at 7:30 AM, Goombakid said:

yes ciaoxlive13! That's the conclusion of this post too ?.

Although your example isn't the best as pichu is a special breed case where pikachu needs to hold a specific insence to produce, so normal NON-OT female pikachu with another NOT-OT will produce an OT pikachu if u have it registered. 

here to say pikachu doesn't need incense to get pichu, it always get to pichu stage. Only some pokemon need incense to get the "baby" evo forms.