Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

10 hours ago, Noad said:

Opinions on a 5 tier team tournament?

I asked before. At last TT. Nobody cared. But it looks cool if someone else says. Do it pls.

Oh yeah and check my unranked/ranked matchmaking opinions too pls.

And opinion about shiny prizes.

And opinion about team system.

Or nevermind. Im okay with 5 tier TT or other guys said , can be like a seasonal, its really best way imo too.

11 hours ago, BlackJovi said:

hasn't happened yet. It's kind of a TT but different format. give it a read. 

If i read correctly, teams must fight till last survivor. So thats mean, you can see 3 rounds between teams at each VS. TT has 1 round between teams. Thats mean 3 times more. 

Cons:

#1 Needs too long time.

#2 If a team has a great player. He can defeat all enemies alone if his mates weak too. I don't see any teamplay. If you win at TT, still u must wait for win of one your mates.

Adv: (Any good side according to TT )

# Money?

Well thats my opinion. And always good to try new things.

EDIT: I have to put this here!!

Spoiler

Edited by FinnTheMember

Regarding creative contests (art, writing, etc):

1) when you propose your event among staff give a date by which judging needs to be completed (so volunteer judges are agreeing to it)

2) advertise the date that results will be announced in the public event thread 

3) stick to that date as best as possible. i.e If a judge is MIA look for a replacement

Please can we have a discussion around his before the next seasonal

While I'm against having any monetary requirements for tournaments If staff are going to keep falling back on hurr durr economy (even though these tiny prizes makes no difference) we gotta compromise. Having this be a thing is a small price to pay for more tournaments.

LF Video Contest, it was supposed to happen with the last big update..

I don't get why staff doesn't give a shit about this : they would promote their game (and a lot, look at the number of views of previous videos) without doing anything + it would bring some hype to the community. 

Moreover last trailers are outdated, so potential new players can't even see the new features when they're watching videos. 

1 hour ago, Rendiz said:

65c644db10344cbee1ab4879cfc7e752.png

CCs not replacing regular officials?

I understand its the holiday and all but since the tournaments are now automated this excuse really doesn't hold much value. LF more tournaments @Kizhaz

RIP in peace. Orange the ninja.

Pve/PvP ratio is still a thing, maybe it has limits, such as this kind of holidays period, but we keep following it, making us unable to host automated tournaments, when we're not available to host PvE events :/

I'll try to host some tho.

2 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Pve/PvP ratio is still a thing, maybe it has limits, such as this kind of holidays period, but we keep following it, making us unable to host automated tournaments, when we're not available to host PvE events :/

I'll try to host some tho.

That makes sense. Ratios a uguu :(

Ty in advance for any you host