Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

3 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

This was tried last year and it did not do well. The reason being is that players who sit very low in the rankings end up losing any motivation to continue competing after the first couple weeks. This leads to numerous forfeitures during the actual league play which kills the hype entirely. Some suggestions to improve the system included ideas like allowing other players the ability to take a spot for someone who misses a week and having an elimination method. Both have drawbacks to them, but the ideal system would probably have an elimination method after each week of play. Allowing other players to take over for someone who decided to quit puts that player at a disadvantage as they would be inheriting the win/loss record of the player they are replacing in the league. Having an elimination method would alleviate some of the issues, but it's still not ideal. All in all, I wouldn't expect an official league to come back any time soon, if at all.

The reason I think that failed is because there are specific times the games had to be played. Some people could play some weeks, but not other weeks, I feel like this was the main reason for players not showing up, rather than losing motivation.

When we compare it to PSL which gives players the chance to play anytime throughout the whole week, the system is much better suited. It's just this system is kinda hard to fit into an official since the rulings and the need for a staff member to be watching to make it official.

13 hours ago, Munya said:

Its not a fix but I have mentioned this before, if you go into your secret base you are put into channel 0, the same channel that tournament matches are held in and you would be able to chat as if you were at silph co. The competitors and anybody else who happens to go into there secret base would all be able to communicate in channel with each other.  Just nobody seems willing to do that.

I once lost my spot in a tournement waiting 30 min for nothing because I was waiting in my secret base. System read me as busy and got my spot stolen so your solution worth crap.

Interesting, that does indeed seem to be the case, don't queue from inside a secret base then.  Doesn't make it any less useful though.  Its not difficult to walk outside and queue.  And most of the time in between matches a players probably going to be in a pokecenter swapping out there team or w/e anyways probably.  Unless they are waiting for their next opponents match to end.

2 minutes ago, Munya said:

Interesting, that does indeed seem to be the case, don't queue from inside a secret base then.  Doesn't make it any less useful though.  Its not difficult to walk outside and queue.  And most of the time in between matches a players probably going to be in a pokecenter swapping out there team or w/e anyways probably.  Unless they are waiting for their next opponents match to end.

It works for spectating the official not actually entering. Some players have their secret base miles off a pc and you cannot change pokemon in your secret base (although that would be pretty neat). Doesnt channel 0 also use matchmaking and elite 4 as channel? If so wouldn't that be really confusing? I still think a seperate tournament chat or something would be best.

Not a single OU/UU/NU official since November 19th. Also not a single one scheduled before December 3rd. That's only 2 weeks without an official anyways, no biggie right?

And yet staff doesn't want players to think that Community Combats replaced good old shiny prize officials.

Edited by LifeStyle
2 hours ago, silytoad said:

Tomorrow it will be 1 month since the last NU official with a shiny prize. 

We had multiple of each tier since then and even ubers scheduled. 

Wtf is going on? 

Nothing. CC replaced normal tourneys but they don't wanna admit it, usual staff bs.

6 minutes ago, Munya said:

I can reiterate that I am the one that takes care of everything for Community Combat, if I were to stop hosting them after next week, officials would not all of a sudden pick up because I didn't host officials in the first place.

I feel like currently staff feel less obligated to host officials since they feel as though the community already has a lot of tournaments from CC. CC is still a nice addition and in a perfect world would be great but it still feels as though the correlation between the rise of CC and the neglection of standard officials is somewhat apparent.

I doubt thats the case, Community Combat isn't recorded anywhere beyond the calender, it doesn't take up any space in the PvE PvP ratio, its almost as if they don't exist when creating events.

If anything, I think a part of the problem is its thanksgiving week, people are spending time with there family which isn't actually a problem we aren't bound to neglect real life obligations.  Pretty sure this happens every year.

12 minutes ago, Munya said:

I doubt thats the case, Community Combat isn't recorded anywhere beyond the calender, it doesn't take up any space in the PvE PvP ratio, its almost as if they don't exist when creating events.

If anything, I think a part of the problem is its thanksgiving week, people are spending time with there family which isn't actually a problem we aren't bound to neglect real life obligations.  Pretty sure this happens every year.

Its not only this week tho

its been going on for months

13 minutes ago, Munya said:

Well all staff have to do is look at the Tournaments section ingame and see a lot of CC and presume that that should keep the playerbase happy for a while. 

Theres been 4 pvp events every week for the last 2 months.

Well all staff have to do is look at the Tournaments section ingame and see a lot of CC and presume that that should keep the playerbase happy for a while. 

Thats not where they look when creating events.

On 21/11/2016 at 6:48 PM, XelaKebert said:

Esto fue juzgado el año pasado y no le fue bien. La razón es que los jugadores que se sientan muy bajo en el ranking terminan perdiendo ninguna motivación para seguir compitiendo después de las primeras dos semanas. Esto conduce a numerosas confiscaciones durante el juego de la liga actual, que mata el bombo del todo. Algunas sugerencias para mejorar el sistema incluye ideas como permitir que otros jugadores la posibilidad de tener un lugar para alguien que no alcanza a la semana y que tiene un método de eliminación. Ambos tienen inconvenientes para ellos, pero el sistema ideal sería probablemente tener un método de eliminación después de cada semana de juego. Permitir que otros jugadores para hacerse cargo de alguien que decidió dejar ese jugador pone en desventaja ya que estarían heredando el récord de victorias / derrotas del jugador están reemplazando en la liga. Tener un método de eliminación podría aliviar algunos de los problemas, pero todavía no es ideal. Con todo, yo no esperaría una liga oficial a volver en cualquier momento pronto, en todo caso.

porfavor resetear el pvp ranking 1 vez por mes  seria mas competitivo  (=_= ")

google translate

Please reset pvp ranking 1 time per month would be more competitive (= _ = ")