Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

LF uu doubles

also get better servers. just got lagged out and dc'd from a tourney. about half my fl also got lagged out and dc'd. took me 3 minutes to load entering the pc. my pc has plenty fo resources and i can load youtube and other things over the internet. got be on your end, and with how cheap the 2670v3 12 core 24 thread cpus are these days that doesnt make any sense. for under a thousand you can get a dual cpu 24 core 48 thread machine with 128 gig of ram and redundant psu's. it's ridiculous that after all this grinding you cant even play the game because the servers cant handle a tournament on the weekend.

8 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

TOURNAMENT TIMES____

example TT,hard to join for players from east ...

My suggestion is , 2-3-4-5 pm BST for all tournaments . Why ?

Because: for 4 pm BST ,

Los Angeles , 8 am

England, 4 pm

Poland , 5 pm

Turkey, 6 pm

Philippines , 11pm. 

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

A lot of people are still at work, or coming home from work at 4pm BST. I doubt people from America want to wake up at the crack of dawn to play an official either. I don't think it's wise for a game like PokeMMO to make every official that time and cater to people from the east(Poland, Turkey, Philippines etc) when I would imagine much more of their player base is from the west.

Edited by KaynineXL
38 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

A lot of people are still at work, or coming home from work at 4pm BST. I doubt people from America want to wake up at the crack of dawn to play an official either. I don't think it's wise for a game like PokeMMO to make every official that time and cater to people from the east(Poland, Turkey, Philippines etc) when I would imagine much more of their player base is from the west.

You are right. Then this suggestion is for only weekend tournaments . How is looking now?

1 hour ago, FinnTheMember said:

You are right. Then this suggestion is for only weekend tournaments . How is looking now?

Still pretty bad because a lot USA would still not be able to take part, well they would, but who in the right mind would get up at 8am on a weekend to play a pokemon tourney lol.

6 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Still pretty bad because a lot USA would still not be able to take part, well they would, but who in the right mind would get up at 8am on a weekend to play a pokemon tourney lol.

lol i agree you but same with other players too, who can want to join a pokemon tourney at 4 am .

I did my suggestion, you told your opinion. Thanks for criticize ^

Edited by FinnTheMember
double post-lag
1 hour ago, Rendiz said:

LF some Silph Co tournaments until Hidden Power is fixed on automated prizes (presuming its going to be fixed). Since there are so many potential prizes that just can't be picked atm until this is fixed. Also because silph is bae

We've already asked and been told this wont be happening. All standard tiers must be run automated. 

Just now, Noad said:

We've already asked and been told this wont be happening. All standard tiers must be run automated. 

Any idea of if and when HP is being fixed in auto tourneys? Would suck to lose a bunch of tournament prizes for a long time because of this

38 minutes ago, Rendiz said:

Any idea of if and when HP is being fixed in auto tourneys? Would suck to lose a bunch of tournament prizes for a long time because of this

I'm sorry but I dont have an idea of how long this fix will take to happen. Im not involved in the development side of the game so I am unsure how they prioritise bugs that need fixing.