Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Last time im gonna post in here for a while

Want to validate Togepi Cup as an actual tier???

then do a TC invitational, doubles really got a huge boost when it kicked off and the tier looks really strong now that everyone picked it up... TC could use that same boost

maybe dont have it quite as long seeing as it isnt a huge tier just yet, perhaps a July invitational with 4 intake weeks and the top 4 all get spots to the final.

so about the latest story/art thingy. very few people are good at writing AND graphic design. having both in the same contest really really discourages people from entering. i was going to enter and started my story and while re reading the very long set of rules (that were a bit too limiting imo in what you could do with the story) i saw that i needed to make a piece of art for it as a requirement. that was the "ah shit i quit" moment for me. if you are a good writer but not a good artist you do not want to put a large amount of effort into a story to loose to someone with an inferior story but gorgeous work of art. if you are a fantastic artist but not so good at writing i assume you would think of things like game of thrones, eragon, star wars, ect and think "i have no idea who did the art work for this but i know the names of the author." and be discouraged from entering. 

just trying to give some feed back to why this particular event had very few entrances.

TL:DR

dont do events that require original art AND original writing or anything else that requires 2 or more talent pools. unless maybe you allow cooperation it'd work? idk.

3 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

so about the latest story/art thingy. very few people are good at writing AND graphic design. having both in the same contest really really discourages people from entering. i was going to enter and started my story and while re reading the very long set of rules (that were a bit too limiting imo in what you could do with the story) i saw that i needed to make a piece of art for it as a requirement. that was the "ah shit i quit" moment for me. if you are a good writer but not a good artist you do not want to put a large amount of effort into a story to loose to someone with an inferior story but gorgeous work of art. if you are a fantastic artist but not so good at writing i assume you would think of things like game of thrones, eragon, star wars, ect and think "i have no idea who did the art work for this but i know the names of the author." and be discouraged from entering. 

just trying to give some feed back to why this particular event had very few entrances.

The guy who won didn't even do any kind of graphic, just the story...All the art in his post cames from the internet ( a pic is just a fucking GL Cosplayer.... )

Get rid of that registration fee. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen occur in this game and that's saying a lot. To also test it on a 64-man doubles tournament is also just asinine considering there likely aren't even 64 doubles players that play this game, and charging a fee will just drive away interested nubs that will fill the bracket. 

"pokemmo cannibal shia lebouf"

so a mod make an alt called shia lebeouf and all the contestants are trapped in ch 7 cerulean cave. the mod will challenge every player he/she she's to a battle and they will get "Eaten" and loose. this is basically a big game of tag. players are not allowed to switch channels or leave the cave or they will be DQ'd. if all their pokes faint they are dq'd. last player standing wins something small like a cosmetic and or sig. mod "Actual cannibal shia lebouf" doesnt actually fight his victims, ofc. by being challenged they instantly loose then he goes on to eat more people.

inspiration