Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Haha I'm all for some more writing competitions, but unfortunately I know how much work it takes to judge one of those so it's understandable that there are so few.

A christmas themed one would be hype though

I was thinking more Thanksgiving. I'd like to retell the story of the Pilgrims and Indians by way of Pokemon. 

=)

B-but thanksgiving passed..

If you go into walmart you would swear you missed Halloween and thanksgiving and skipped to Xmas. Its fucking redic.

how about a thanksgiving poetry contest? plenty of good muses, you know, with the leaves changin' and all that

If you did one of these would you limit the form of poetry used?

If staff want a slightly more skill based 1v1 tournament, then it could be like how the showdown tier is where people bring 3 Pokemon and choose their one based on team preview. Obviously it wouldn't be 64 man double elim since that would take too long with checking Pokemon. (Inb4 people tell me a 1v1tournament should just be 6 50/50 chances in a row to win)

Can we please get rid of having only one tier's tournaments coming at a time? I didn't approve the amount of UU tournaments to begin with but okay, we needed usage but now it's just nothing but OU coming up for quite a while? Like, couldn't these be a bit divided that a little bit of this and a little bit of that so people could have actually time to re-teambuild, get comps etc.

Can we please get rid of having only one tier's tournaments coming at a time? I didn't approve the amount of UU tournaments to begin with but okay, we needed usage but now it's just nothing but OU coming up for quite a while? Like, couldn't these be a bit divided that a little bit of this and a little bit of that so people could have actually time to re-teambuild, get comps etc.

Exactly this. Go back to 3 different tourneys a week or 2 weeks. 

Any chance we could get a bit more of variety in oceanics. While OU and UU are great i wouldn't say no to a doubles or even a tier shift every once in a while. 

I dont mind giving it a go but it does seem that only OU tends to fill a bracket at an Oceanic. Regardless I am not one to mind that I have a few byes in my bracket as long, as people have a good time, so I will note this in the future. Thank you for the suggestion. I might try and think of something special for December as this time zone gets left out a lot and it is Christmas after all. ;)

I didn't know where to post this but it would be cool if the Pokemon Event Calendar could be up to date since it's been a while u don't update it (idk who's in charge of this)

I will make sure it gets updated this evening.

Edited by Noad
fixed my awful grammar

Can we have the Team Tournament on the 3rd Saturday of the Month (21st) for November? This way we can avoid Americans traveling home after Thanksgiving. 

EDIT: There are currently no tournaments listed for this day. 

Edited by DoubleJ